tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Why isn't Walsh taking more heat?

The holder said it was his fault cause the laces were in....every kick he had in this game was laces in. I have to believe that Walsh likes it like for some reason because what are the chances the holder would place the ball wrong for 4 kicks. He made the kick Sherman almost blocked with the laces in and his long field goals were laces in. I believe Walsh must of wanted the laces in and the holder is just not trying to hold him accountable. Really would like to see film of previous games to see if other games were like his previous 3 kicks of the game where the laces were in. Any thoughts?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

What do You want to do crucify the guy
    Phew money 99% of the time he made every vikings point the QB should of scored a touchdown
    Guy missed a very easy field goal but that's why it's called a game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it happens but rare

He is a good kicker

tshafer117

I don't wanna crucify him I just want to know if he likes the laces in.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Because he's been a solid kicker for the most part. Why aren't we talking about how bad bridgewater is? Guy has A horrible throwing mechanic, horrible football IQ, no arm strength and he can't even escape the pocket for big runs. AP also didn't do a damn thing which is what got them this far in the first place.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: existential

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    I don't wanna crucify him I just want to know if he likes the laces in.
    The laces were not in on every kick today. I know one wasn't for sure

tshafer117

I had no money on this game everyone is missing the point...I just want to know if Walsh likes the laces in on his kicks because all 3 previous attempts were laces in what are the chances the holder goes 0-4 holding the ball in the right direction and if he likes the laces in I'd like to know why the holder took responsibility for putting the laces in on the last kick when all kicks he made in the game were laces in...just a question I don't care about any other outcome or thing that happened in the game.

tshafer117

Rewatch all 3 kicks all three were laces in...I just watched all of them multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    The laces were not in on every kick today. I know one wasn't for sure

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I think fans are getting smarter. Walsh is a big reason why they won the NFC North. There were just too many other fingers to point in that game. Laces in didn't hurt his cause either, from a public opinion perspective, whether he preferred it that way or not. He owned up to it really well too I thought.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston

tshafer117

Yes he owned up to it but the holder said it was his fault cause he left the laces in...which is weird because all the kicks were like that so I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I think fans are getting smarter. Walsh is a big reason why they won the NFC North. There were just too many other fingers to point in that game. Laces in didn't hurt his cause either, from a public opinion perspective, whether he preferred it that way or not. He owned up to it really well too I thought.

MickeyMan

Rewatch all 3 kicks all three were laces in...I just watched all of them multiple times.
    Well there were 4 kicks, I could have sworn that one wasn't because I was looking for it after they were oddly in on the longest one. Maybe I could be wrong

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I had no money on this game everyone is missing the point...I just want to know if Walsh likes the laces in on his kicks because all 3 previous attempts were laces in what are the chances the holder goes 0-4 holding the ball in the right direction and if he likes the laces in I'd like to know why the holder took responsibility for putting the laces in on the last kick when all kicks he made in the game were laces in...just a question I don't care about any other outcome or thing that happened in the game.
    Walsh was interviewed after the game and said "this is all on me had nothing to do with holder" so I think Walsh could give 2 shits about the laces, it's a Fukin 27 yard FG that he normally makes in his sleep.

tshafer117

Yes 4 kicks and all 4 were in I rewatched them that's why I made this thread because I've never seen a kicker have the laces in that many kicks in a row....must of been intentional.

Well there were 4 kicks, I could have sworn that one wasn't because I was looking for it after they were oddly in on the longest one. Maybe I could be wrong

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Being from MN I've watched this all year, Walsh is an odd kicker who, to begin with, places the ball on the right hash for XPS (the only right kicker to prefer said hash I believe). He had a horrible preseason and was shaky at best early on. The laces in "preferred" theory seems logical, my guess is that it was working in warmup so they stuck with it. More likely is that the ball was frozen solid, and Walsh, now kicking from his weaker left hash, and w Sherman lurking, simply got psyched out. It's been mental with him all year. Not the same guy he was as a rookie.

tshafer117

I know Walsh took responsibility but the holder said the laces should have never been in no matter what the distance is and there was no excuses for the laces being in....which I don't understand because all the kicks were laces in so did the holder mess up all 4 kicks or was Walsh telling him he liked the laces in and than the holder tried to take the blame away from Walsh to be a good teammate?QUOTE=Jeffie;25118823]Walsh was interviewed after the game and said "this is all on me had nothing to do with holder" so I think Walsh could give 2 shits about the laces, it's a Fukin 27 yard FG that he normally makes in his sleep.[/QUOTE]

tshafer117

Okay thanks for the insight. I really think Walsh liked the laces in too which I just have never seen...It really shocked me but it must be what he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Being from MN I've watched this all year, Walsh is an odd kicker who, to begin with, places the ball on the right hash for XPS (the only right kicker to prefer said hash I believe). He had a horrible preseason and was shaky at best early on. The laces in "preferred" theory seems logical, my guess is that it was working in warmup so they stuck with it. More likely is that the ball was frozen solid, and Walsh, now kicking from his weaker left hash, and w Sherman lurking, simply got psyched out. It's been mental with him all year. Not the same guy he was as a rookie.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Yes he owned up to it but the holder said it was his fault cause he left the laces in...which is weird because all the kicks were like that so I was just wondering.
    He's just trying to make the kicker feel better, like a good teammate.

MickeyMan

Yes 4 kicks and all 4 were in I rewatched them that's why I made this thread because I've never seen a kicker have the laces in that many kicks in a row....must of been intentional.
    Dude you are wrong. The one that Sherman almost blocked the laces were out. The holder said after the game the cold weather affected him placing the ball.

tshafer117

Let me rewatch that kick on NFL.com but I just watched these kicks.

Dude you are wrong. The one that Sherman almost blocked the laces were out. The holder said after the game the cold weather affected him placing the ball.

MickeyMan

Let me rewatch that kick on NFL.com but I just watched these kicks.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zFfcPdQN8

go to 3:10

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

I know it's so cliche, but that 3 yard putt at the Masters is a pretty good analogy. Pressure breaks pipes, but at the end of the day he took it like a man. I would be so sickened I would spew on the press.

tshafer117

So was that hold good or were the laces supposed to be in like the other kicks?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Peterson fumble was the game for vikes.
    He's a fukking horrible protector of the football.
    He takes zero blame though. I'm done rooting for the guy.

MickeyMan

So was that hold good or were the laces supposed to be in like the other kicks?
    From the holders comments after the game, I figure that the laces in holds were fukk ups

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

The laces is one thing, and the holder staring at Walsh as he approaches, is another... Holders don't do that. Breaks kickers concentration

tshafer117

How many holds can you put the laces in during the same game? Does he suck that much??

From the holders comments after the game, I figure that the laces in holds were fukk ups

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Listen... The kicker, snapper, holder probably had a meeting pre game and it was decided that they would not try to spin the ball to get laces facing correct way. Due to weather, frozen hands, gloves, etc... The risk would be too great to try and spin it, so agreed holder would get best hold down with whatever the snap came as...
    Im guessing. But its an educated guess with my knowledge.

tshafer117

Good point I like it. I think you are right. Just think the holder should have said after the game that, that was the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Listen... The kicker, snapper, holder probably had a meeting pre game and it was decided that they would not try to spin the ball to get laces facing correct way. Due to weather, frozen hands, gloves, etc... The risk would be too great to try and spin it, so agreed holder would get best hold down with whatever the snap came as...

MickeyMan

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Yeah that very likely could've been the case

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Yeah that very likely could've been the case
    I believe so.
    Only reason I can see why holder wasn't trying to spin it all game. And he was wearing gloves.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

it happens...he's human and that's life! he's taking heat on twitter that's for sure!

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Nobody has mentioned that Walsh bet Seattle ml. Pretty simple

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    likewise haha

tshafer117

Yes definitely did.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Walsh has had a very erratic season all the way through. He has missed several chip shot field goals and PAT's. He has also made some clutch long FG's as well. He made 2 clutch FG's in the cold earlier in the game to even give the vikes a chance to be in the situation they were in. If it wasn't for those makes this conversation would never be a conversation. He missed at the end with the game on the line. It happens, he is young, nerves, and it happened. What more can really be said or done about it?

12 Last