slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

McGregor v dos Anjos set to top UFC 197 bill in March

Less than three months after his stunning 13-second demolition of Jose Aldo, McGregor will make the step up to lightweight when he returns to Las Vegas on 5 March.
    The hugely anticipated fight will see McGregor bid to become the first man to simultaneously hold UFC titles in two different weight classes.
    Fight fans are in for a treat with Holly Holm first bantamweight title defence against Miesha Tate pencilled in as the co-main event on the blockbuster card.
    The line-up, first reported by Jeremy Botter of Bleacher Report overnight, is expected to be announced by the UFC on Sunday during Fox Sports’ live coverage of the NFL playoffs.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/con...7177--spt.html

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

He is gonna get killed by dos anjos

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Quote Originally Posted by adila1401 View Post
    He is gonna get killed by dos anjos

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Dos Anjos at minus 130 All Day baby!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Edgar might be a $5000 play

Although too early

Match could be fixed

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Dos Anjos at minus 130 All Day baby!

Wait for McGregor to become the fav

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

RDA..

He has very good take downs and is as solid as they come standing. No holes in RDA's game..

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I like conor but he gets starched here

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Dodging Frankie.

Fuk

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13730

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Dodging Frankie.

Fuk
    Possibly July at UFC 200 ?
    Was looking forward to that one also.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Dodging Frankie.

Fuk
    Dana has never liked Frankie. He just lost one money maker and now has to build her back up again with photo shopped spray paint SI Swimsuit photos and SNL. When she loses again, she goes bye bye. Can't have McGregor losing too. Have a bunch of fukkin' Ryan Bader headlined cards FML.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

dana hoping Connor loses if you can believe that... Rumors all over numerous mma forums that Connor is a pita to work with now that he's a mega star and he's bending zuffa over with his demands. Remember Lorenzo slamming the belt when Connor beat Aldo ...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    dana hoping Connor loses if you can believe that... Rumors all over numerous mma forums that Connor is a pita to work with now that he's a mega star and he's bending zuffa over with his demands. Remember Lorenzo slamming the belt when Connor beat Aldo ...
    I think that was Frank. I'd think they were more worried about hyping a fight up for well over a year and having it end on the first punch. They ran into that fiasco with their first big Fox fight Cain vs. JDS.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Dana has never liked Frankie. He just lost one money maker and now has to build her back up again with photo shopped spray paint SI Swimsuit photos and SNL. When she loses again, she goes bye bye. Can't have McGregor losing too. Have a bunch of fukkin' Ryan Bader headlined cards FML.
    Lol poor Ryan Bader. He's pretty good, but people just does not care

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I think that was Frank. I'd think they were more worried about hyping a fight up for well over a year and having it end on the first punch. They ran into that fiasco with their first big Fox fight Cain vs. JDS.
    Looked like Lorenzo I don't think ufc cares about how their fights end if they did they would have changed their flawed glove design years ago. Seems like every other card a fight gets stopped by eye poke

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Damn seeing mieshas ass rolling around. Yummy

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

man why would mcgregor take this fight?

is he worried about edgar?

RDA will run over him, no doubt

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post

Yeah, he's so worried about Edgar he took the fight with a fighter superior to Edgar in every imaginable way.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post

Connor isn't worried about either guy, edgar is the tougher stylistic matchup, though both guys will lose, it's smart to take rda and the title first before facing the tougher stylistic matchup, and getting rda while his striking confidence is at a all time high, rdas striking attack is suited to make connor look like a unbeatable superhero, edgars striking attack will be tougher for connor because he is more similar to mcgregor in his movement and counter attack, while rda will be foolish enough to stand with connor for even a couple minutes of a round, edgar is mentally stronger to know what he needs to do and stick to it, rda has to be the first to fight a connor that doesn't have to go through a drastic weight cut and he will be much stronger, and harder to wrestle penetrate as pettis was, Connor has a exellent chin, and he will eventually ko rda similar to how he kod aldo, these forward pressure strikers that don't have much movement side to side are the best possible matchup for mcgregor, mcgregor will make rda look like child's play. McGregor won't lose till he moves up to fight gsp who is similar to edgar in mind set, but stronger and with a beautiful jab, or when he fights kabib, kabib won't is a much better wrestler than rda and will stick with his gameplan round after round.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Yeah, he's so worried about Edgar he took the fight with a fighter superior to Edgar in every imaginable way.
    This is true, but stylistically it's not, mcgregor understands this. But the average fan doesnt, rda seems like the tougher fight to the casual fan, but that's far from the truth, this increases mcgregor more than edgar does plus he gets another belt, and gets rda at the most oppurtune time, it's a no brainer to take thus fight first from every possible angle, frankie gets a little longer in the tooth, expecially if mcgregor desides to defend the lightweight belt first before giving him a shot.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

RDA via murder

get as much on him as you can

I will pop him to -225

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    RDA via murder

get as much on him as you can

I will pop him to -225
    Poor feeble small minded individual, Mcgregor will be 2 rounds over on rda before the fight even starts. McGregor will be a absolute MONSTER at lightweight, you've been warned...rda won't be favored when this fight takes place, much less be -225 haha
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-16-16 at 08:02 PM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

McGregor is over valued at this point, coming off a fluke win against a rusty, albeit, HOF fighter.

I'm not trying to devalue Connor, I like him as a fighter, I like his game and what he brings to the sport, but his last win was a fluke and this price is over valuing him.

RDA will be his toughest fight to date and McGregor will likely lose.

Who knows where the price will go on the fight, a lot of it depends on factors that neither you nor I are privy to

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    McGregor is over valued at this point, coming off a fluke win against a rusty, albeit, HOF fighter.

I'm not trying to devalue Connor, I like him as a fighter, I like his game and what he brings to the sport, but his last win was a fluke and this price is over valuing him.

RDA will be his toughest fight to date and McGregor will likely lose.

Who knows where the price will go on the fight, a lot of it depends on factors that neither you nor I are privy to
    all of ireland will be on mcgregor, line has already moved from plus money, to -115 on mcgregor, rda is horribly underrated, i agree line was set based on mcgregor being overvauled from the oddsmakers point of view, but based on the match-up and connors popularity the oddsmakers didnt hit the mark to draw even action, and in my personal opinion, they still havent caught up to how masterful he is in the stand-up, and the mental edge he creates in his fights, i do believe rda wil have confidents in his chin and his striking and why shouldnt he as his chin and striking and pressure style has served him well, but mcgregor hits like a lightheavy weight, he's pin point accurate ala anderson silva, he has brutal body kicks, perfect counter striking style vs rdas style, and styles make match-ups, the linemakers still havent caught up, even though from their point of view they overvalued the line of a smaller guy coming up, mendes has better wrestling then rda, and connor had his worse training camp for that fight, he was dehydrated, he is now fighting at his correct weight class, and rda doesn;t have a double leg takedown like mendes, he needs to get in close and clinch connor has the reach and he will have to work through that...the same gameplan that worked against pettis, is a horrible gameplan against mcgregor, pettis needs space to strike, he needs a guy to respect his striking, connor doesn't he thrives on the counters, he moves forward in a attempt to force the other guy to throw first, and hit them with there momentum going forward, he wont need to goat rda much, he will give mcgregor what he wants, mcgrgeor picked the perfect time to fight rda, becuase he believes his striking is way to win fights now, rda will not find it as easy to take down a conor on steak and potatoes as the better natural wrestler found out against a dehydrated mcgrgeor...RDA will get knocked out in this fight, keep a open mind to this fight, and dont go to big on rda, i have connor favored in this batte of styles, styles make fights, and this is a easier fight for connor than edgar is. I personally see Mcgregor cleaning out the lightweight divison, exept for maybe tony ferguson would be a intresting fight, he would match connors reach and kabib, and gsp is in talks to come back to fight mcgregor, i think that would be a bad match-up for mcgregor...i was on rda his last 4 fights, those were good stylistic matches for him, this is not.. pettis always loses to rda becuase of how the pressure affects what he wants to do, cerrone is always a slow starter, so while i cashed in on rda, i dont place him as the best in the divison, tony and kabib can both beat rda, and those are also the only two guys in the division i'd give a chance against mcgregor, i'd have tony at even money, and i'd have kabib favored, rda has never fought a killer like this and i believe he will try to fight him like he fought pettis, but pettis is all offense, though mcgrgeor looks like he's always moving forward he is defensive by nature in his striking attack, he is always looking for a excape and and a mistake to captilze on, and he uses the front kick to keep a distance and always seem offensive, throws spinning kicks that are slow sometimes just to get his opp to move forward, not really to land, he is a absolute genuis iside the octagon, so you would be mindful to keep that in mind, mcgrgeor already knows the round and how he will finish rda, while rda will be just trying to figure out connor mid way throught the first round, when he relizes what worked before for him, no longer works against this opp, that pressure style of striking isn't working against this guy he's bulling me now, now he starts to to go for takedowns out of desperation, and then its over before rda knows what happen, people keep making excuses for why mcgregor is winning, but they aren't watching how he's winning, he mentally fuks his opp before and during the fight, even when he gets hit with something dude has a poker face and keeps coming forward, if you are not mentally strong he wil break you in there....i believe edgar, tony, kabib, and gsp are all more mentally strong than rda, and are more likey to stick with a set gameplan, and i'm not even sure rda relizes what that gameplan is yet, till he's actually in there with mcgregor.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-17-16 at 02:40 AM.

mirinquads

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    i dont blaim you.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

I usually can't stand guys this cocky but Connor is hilarious.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

RDA for sure.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    all of ireland will be on mcgregor, line has already moved from plus money, to -115 on mcgregor, rda is horribly underrated, i agree line was set based on mcgregor being overvauled from the oddsmakers point of view, but based on the match-up and connors popularity the oddsmakers didnt hit the mark to draw even action, and in my personal opinion, they still havent caught up to how masterful he is in the stand-up, and the mental edge he creates in his fights, i do believe rda wil have confidents in his chin and his striking and why shouldnt he as his chin and striking and pressure style has served him well, but mcgregor hits like a lightheavy weight, he's pin point accurate ala anderson silva, he has brutal body kicks, perfect counter striking style vs rdas style, and styles make match-ups, the linemakers still havent caught up, even though from their point of view they overvalued the line of a smaller guy coming up, mendes has better wrestling then rda, and connor had his worse training camp for that fight, he was dehydrated, he is now fighting at his correct weight class, and rda doesn;t have a double leg takedown like mendes, he needs to get in close and clinch connor has the reach and he will have to work through that...the same gameplan that worked against pettis, is a horrible gameplan against mcgregor, pettis needs space to strike, he needs a guy to respect his striking, connor doesn't he thrives on the counters, he moves forward in a attempt to force the other guy to throw first, and hit them with there momentum going forward, he wont need to goat rda much, he will give mcgregor what he wants, mcgrgeor picked the perfect time to fight rda, becuase he believes his striking is way to win fights now, rda will not find it as easy to take down a conor on steak and potatoes as the better natural wrestler found out against a dehydrated mcgrgeor...RDA will get knocked out in this fight, keep a open mind to this fight, and dont go to big on rda, i have connor favored in this batte of styles, styles make fights, and this is a easier fight for connor than edgar is. I personally see Mcgregor cleaning out the lightweight divison, exept for maybe tony ferguson would be a intresting fight, he would match connors reach and kabib, and gsp is in talks to come back to fight mcgregor, i think that would be a bad match-up for mcgregor...i was on rda his last 4 fights, those were good stylistic matches for him, this is not.. pettis always loses to rda becuase of how the pressure affects what he wants to do, cerrone is always a slow starter, so while i cashed in on rda, i dont place him as the best in the divison, tony and kabib can both beat rda, and those are also the only two guys in the division i'd give a chance against mcgregor, i'd have tony at even money, and i'd have kabib favored, rda has never fought a killer like this and i believe he will try to fight him like he fought pettis, but pettis is all offense, though mcgrgeor looks like he's always moving forward he is defensive by nature in his striking attack, he is always looking for a excape and and a mistake to captilze on, and he uses the front kick to keep a distance and always seem offensive, throws spinning kicks that are slow sometimes just to get his opp to move forward, not really to land, he is a absolute genuis iside the octagon, so you would be mindful to keep that in mind, mcgrgeor already knows the round and how he will finish rda, while rda will be just trying to figure out connor mid way throught the first round, when he relizes what worked before for him, no longer works against this opp, that pressure style of striking isn't working against this guy he's bulling me now, now he starts to to go for takedowns out of desperation, and then its over before rda knows what happen, people keep making excuses for why mcgregor is winning, but they aren't watching how he's winning, he mentally fuks his opp before and during the fight, even when he gets hit with something dude has a poker face and keeps coming forward, if you are not mentally strong he wil break you in there....i believe edgar, tony, kabib, and gsp are all more mentally strong than rda, and are more likey to stick with a set gameplan, and i'm not even sure rda relizes what that gameplan is yet, till he's actually in there with mcgregor.
    Learn what a paragraph is and then maybe someone will read that shit!

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Learn what a paragraph is and then maybe someone will read that shit!
    Those that don't read, don't deserve to win, simple as that, go fuk yourself Grammer bitch. YOU'RE GONNA READ WHAT I WRITE AND YOUR GONNA DAMN WELL BET WHAT I TELL YOU, SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU WONT....I'M RUNNING THIS GAME.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-21-16 at 09:46 PM.

JoshKnows46

Read that again ♤♤♤

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    I usually can't stand guys this cocky but Connor is hilarious.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

RDA + $ for many squid.

12 Last