hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Are you fukking stupid or something, or simply illiterate?

Nebraska outgained Iowa by 180+ yards and had 11 more 1st downs.

Those are facts, not opinion, moron.
    yah yah. the score was?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    yah yah. the score was?
    Nebraska was never really a threat......actually one of the more easier wins of the year.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    This team has a helluva nucleus coming back next year, tons of talented freshman and sophomores........they may enter the preseason in top ten if King decides to come back for another year, maybe preseason #1 if they win title this year.
    King will probably leave but we are back.

Fishhead

King will probably leave but we are back.
    Drew Ott applied for a medical redshirt

hawk 5
    Update your status

Drew Ott applied for a medical redshirt
    We so miss him.

Fishhead

Far and away the biggest weakness for this current club is they have absolutely zero for backup at QB.....zero, zilch, nada.

Beathard goes down, they are burnt toast.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

yah yah. the score was?
    Who cares what the score was, you're an illiterate clown who doesn't know how to read a stat sheet. That's what was being discussed.

While I'll be rooting for Iowa myself next week, that doesn't change the fact that you Iowa homers are utterly clueless about the mechanics of the game.

I'll keep telling you buffoons the same thing - just feel fortunate that Iowa was able to win today. And don't get your hopes up too high of even making the playoffs.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Far and away the biggest weakness for this current club is they have absolutely zero for backup at QB.....zero, zilch, nada.

Beathard goes down, they are burnt toast.
    Absolutly. Iowa goes as Beatherd goes.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Who cares what the score was, you're an illiterate clown who doesn't know how to read a stat sheet. That's what was being discussed.

While I'll be rooting for Iowa myself next week, that doesn't change the fact that you Iowa homers are utterly clueless about the mechanics of the game.

I'll keep telling you buffoons the same thing - just feel fortunate that Iowa was able to win today. And don't get your hopes up too high of even making the playoffs.
    Wow I feel bad now. Hope You dont call me more names. You sound like a superstar capper and know everything. good luck betting against IOWA.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7806

I learned my lesson the hard way about betting on my Hawkeyes. My first bet was betting the biggest sucker bet ever. A Big Ten team favored at the Rose Bowl vs Pac Ten Team during the 80's. Always a dumb bet and I lost a fortune for me at the time and a respected capper here (hint F is first letter. d is last) lost more on Iowa -3.5 vs Wash 1981 Rose Bowl. Fuk I am old. From the NY times

ROSE IOWA VS. WASHINGTON

Published: December 31, 1981

• FACEBOOK
    • TWITTER
    • GOOGLE+
    • EMAIL
    • PRINT
    • REPRINTS

AT PASADENA, CALIF. 68th game; kickoff, 4:30 P.M.; NBC— TV. Iowa (8-3) Rank: U.P.I., 11; A.P., 13; Times, 14. Coach: Hayden Fry Washington (9-2) Rank: U.P.I., 10; A.P., 12; Times, 18.
    Coach: Don James Players to watch
    WASHINGTON - Offense: Paul Skansi (7), WR; Anthony Allen (15), WR; Steve Pelluer (16), QB; Ron (Cookie) Jackson (25), TB; Chuck Nelson (13), K. Defense: Fletcher Jenkins (65), T; Mark Stewart (38), LB; Ray Horton (10), CB.
    IOWA - Offense: Gordy Bohannan (11), QB; Ron Hallstrom (76), G; Phil Blatcher (28), TB; Jeff Brown (27), WR. Defense: Andre Tippett (99), E; Pat Dean (58), **; Mel Cole (31), LB; Reggie Roby (7), P. Analysis
    WASHINGTON- The Huskies, in their second straight Rose Bowl appearance and third in last five years, have found considerable success in seven years under Coach Don James. The offense sputtered most of the season, but was balanced enough to pay off. The wide receivers, including Anthony Allen, are the team's strength.
    The defense is strong with Fletcher Jenkins, a tackle, being the key man. Mark Stewart is excellent, even though he was overlooked in all-star team selections.
    IOWA - Like Washington, the Hawkeyes got to Pasadena largely because of their defense. Six of the Hawkeye defenders were named allconference in the Big Ten, and Andre Tippett, the star end on the 5-2 defense, made some all-America teams.
    Phil Blatcher, who began the year as the Hawkeyes' No. 3 tailback, finished as the team leader in rushing. Reggie Roby, the punter, gives Iowa a strong kicking game with his 49.8-yard average.
    Illustrations: photo of Walter Lewis

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7806

Correction 01/01/1982

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    I learned my lesson the hard way about betting on my Hawkeyes. My first bet was betting the biggest sucker bet ever. A Big Ten team favored at the Rose Bowl vs Pac Ten Team during the 80's. Always a dumb bet and I lost a fortune for me at the time and a respected capper here (hint F is first letter. d is last) lost more on Iowa -3.5 vs Wash 1981 Rose Bowl. Fuk I am old. From the NY times

ROSE IOWA VS. WASHINGTON

Published: December 31, 1981

• FACEBOOK
    • TWITTER
    • GOOGLE+
    • EMAIL
    • PRINT
    • REPRINTS

AT PASADENA, CALIF. 68th game; kickoff, 4:30 P.M.; NBC— TV. Iowa (8-3) Rank: U.P.I., 11; A.P., 13; Times, 14. Coach: Hayden Fry Washington (9-2) Rank: U.P.I., 10; A.P., 12; Times, 18.
    Coach: Don James Players to watch
    WASHINGTON - Offense: Paul Skansi (7), WR; Anthony Allen (15), WR; Steve Pelluer (16), QB; Ron (Cookie) Jackson (25), TB; Chuck Nelson (13), K. Defense: Fletcher Jenkins (65), T; Mark Stewart (38), LB; Ray Horton (10), CB.
    IOWA - Offense: Gordy Bohannan (11), QB; Ron Hallstrom (76), G; Phil Blatcher (28), TB; Jeff Brown (27), WR. Defense: Andre Tippett (99), E; Pat Dean (58), **; Mel Cole (31), LB; Reggie Roby (7), P. Analysis
    WASHINGTON- The Huskies, in their second straight Rose Bowl appearance and third in last five years, have found considerable success in seven years under Coach Don James. The offense sputtered most of the season, but was balanced enough to pay off. The wide receivers, including Anthony Allen, are the team's strength.
    The defense is strong with Fletcher Jenkins, a tackle, being the key man. Mark Stewart is excellent, even though he was overlooked in all-star team selections.
    IOWA - Like Washington, the Hawkeyes got to Pasadena largely because of their defense. Six of the Hawkeye defenders were named allconference in the Big Ten, and Andre Tippett, the star end on the 5-2 defense, made some all-America teams.
    Phil Blatcher, who began the year as the Hawkeyes' No. 3 tailback, finished as the team leader in rushing. Reggie Roby, the punter, gives Iowa a strong kicking game with his 49.8-yard average.
    Illustrations: photo of Walter Lewis
    ahaHAHAHA

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Iowa has zero shot at winning the national title... ZERO, ZILCH, NADA

The sooner you homers realize this, the easier you'll accept the fall.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Interceptions. Thats why Nebraska lost. You cant throw 4 interceptions including a pick 6 and expect to win or even be within 1 score. Tommy Armstrong makes horrible decisions. Obrien cant get to Nebraska soon enough.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Iowa has zero shot at winning the national title... ZERO, ZILCH, NADA

The sooner you homers realize this, the easier you'll accept the fall.
    Who says they do? The funny thing is ppl such as yourself have such a problem with them you continually lose money on soft lines against weak teams trying to fade them. Do me a favor and load up against them next week too cause I'd love a nice dog line against sparty.

CubsFan1908
    CubsFan1908's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

How do people say Iowa isn't impressive? Never trailing in a 4th quarter? Only trailing in the 2nd half 1 time all season? They play defense unlike the big 12. And take care of the ball. That's a winning formula. OU lost to Texas. 2OT against Tennessee, and a 2 point conversion away from a 2nd loss last week. But everyone is on their nuts because they beat an overrated Baylor team.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan1908 View Post
    How do people say Iowa isn't impressive? Never trailing in a 4th quarter? Only trailing in the 2nd half 1 time all season? They play defense unlike the big 12. And take care of the ball. That's a winning formula. OU lost to Texas. 2OT against Tennessee, and a 2 point conversion away from a 2nd loss last week. But everyone is on their nuts because they beat an overrated Baylor team.
    Iowa has their shot to truly prove themselves against Michigan state.

I agree that the big 12 is a complete joke

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Wow I feel bad now. Hope You dont call me more names. You sound like a superstar capper and know everything. good luck betting against IOWA.
    Just how much money do you want to lose, because Iowa is going to ge their tails handed to them when they finally play a real team in the playoffs. Just who has Iowa played? Here is how it is going to work big mouth. Either you place a wager with me, or I run your worthless tail out of here. Got that idiot?

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Just how much money do you want to lose, because Iowa is going to ge their tails handed to them when they finally play a real team in the playoffs. Just who has Iowa played? Here is how it is going to work big mouth. Either you place a wager with me, or I run your worthless tail out of here. Got that idiot?
    you need to get punched right in the face...cyberspace pussy

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I cashed Iowa big yesterday but I'll take Ohio State all day next week in Indy if Penn State pulls this off today?

hawk 5
    Update your status

Oh I'm sooooo scared.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Big 12......soft
    ACC.........soft

Go Hawks!

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

NO. Here is the deal. You better watch your mouth there daddy because this is how it's going to go down. Either YOU place a wager with ME or I will be making a trip to Jackson, Birmingham, or West Hollywood (because you have to live in one of those 3 places) to hunt you down. Once I find you I swear to God I will TICKLE you so hard and you'll be begging for DADDY to stop (that's me). We'll see who's the tough guy when I'm blowing raspberries and tickling your feet SO HARD. I am going to love to see how a TOUGH guy like you responds to a lil' HARDCORE gargalesis.

GOT IT?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tommy Karate

First ... 2345