The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Whatever happened to Sourtwist???

Guy was a staple for some time

Conspiracy theorist 2.0

Made the bold prediction that the DJIA would absolutely, positively, NEVER reach 17,000

I think it hit 17,000 about 45 days after his declaration

Anyways, haven't seen him around lately, what's he doing?
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave The Kraken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

He gave you a point.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave DiggityDaggityDo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken

That sneaky fukker

Get in here sour, where have you been pal

The Kraken

Sour you have internet friends thet keep tabs on you, need you to check in occasionally

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

I'm also wondering about my good pal Dirty Sanchez...wtf happened to him?

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Lol, been laying low. Lot going on in my life, and to be honest, the forum hasn't been very interesting lately.

I got into a bit of a funk for a while, and was paying too much attention to things that are simply out of my control. I've been doing some other things to keep occupied, and work has been taking its toll on me.

I was wrong about the market, but wouldn't touch it with your money let alone mine. We live in a world of corruption and lies, and the market is full of both. I've been wrong about many things in life, but I have been right about more.

I'm a realist, not a conspiracy theorist. I refuse to be lied to, and will question everything, especially authority. I will admit though, I felt trapped by negative thoughts for a period of time, and even felt like the world was going end. I think I dug too deep and researched things that I was not ready to know, and most people shouldn't. I've gone back to being a sheep like everyone else, and I have been sleeping much better.

I told you a few months ago that I have a newborn on the way, and it's now only two weeks away, so a lot of my focus and time has been going toward savings and preparation.

Hope all is good with you Kraken.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I'm also wondering about my good pal Dirty Sanchez...wtf happened to him?
    What's up rocket? Nice to see you back.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Sour, when you got kids, hoping for the best is the way to go

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

sourtwist, keepin it real

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Sour, when you got kids, hoping for the best is the way to go
    Agree.... My daughter turned 8 a few months ago, and there were times that I would just hug her long enough for her to ask me if I am ok. The negative thoughts I have of the world, and the fear of not being able to protect her from anything and everything that comes her way became a fear that took a lot for me to push aside. I am trying to have a new attitude, a more positive one. You are absolutely right about hoping for the best.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    What's up rocket? Nice to see you back.
    Twister good to see you, bud

I'm happy to see you're staying busy with your lady!

This forum ain't going anywhere...spend the time with your wife & child...and then when you're ready, come back with some winners, pal.

Cheers!

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

alex jones had him shook.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Fukk u scumbag. You know nothing as usual.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Agree.... My daughter turned 8 a few months ago, and there were times that I would just hug her long enough for her to ask me if I am ok. The negative thoughts I have of the world, and the fear of not being able to protect her from anything and everything that comes her way became a fear that took a lot for me to push aside. I am trying to have a new attitude, a more positive one. You are absolutely right about hoping for the best.
    Don't fight your thoughts. Listen to them. Hang in and hold on.

The Kraken

Good to hear from you sour

You can make a difference and because some things are out of your control doesn't mean you can't influence them, it just takes thought, creativity and work.

And not everything is out of yourcontrol. Control what you can, influence the rest and hope for the best in all of it.

You're a Good peep Sour

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

What are some tactics for remaining optimistic?

Gamblers are usually skeptical, sometimes cynical.

Having a strong sense of intuition is a great thing, but sometimes it can make you seem like a pessimist

The Kraken

Optimism is a choice, like your mood

It's not easy to stay positive and/or optimistic, it takes work. It's a lot easier to be cynical or carmudgenous.

But we control how we view the world, our circumstances, regardless of what has happened to us, we choose our reaction.

It's easy to be cynical and to think the world is going to shit, and sit idly by on the sidelines as the game goes on. I get it, been there done that.

But it's a river of deceit.

Understand it's your choice to be optimistic, or cynical, either way you choose. One is easy, the other isn't. One offers rewards, the other doesn't.

Choices, it's 90% of life
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave The Kraken 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Lol, been laying low. Lot going on in my life, and to be honest, the forum hasn't been very interesting lately.

I got into a bit of a funk for a while, and was paying too much attention to things that are simply out of my control. I've been doing some other things to keep occupied, and work has been taking its toll on me.

I was wrong about the market, but wouldn't touch it with your money let alone mine. We live in a world of corruption and lies, and the market is full of both. I've been wrong about many things in life, but I have been right about more.

I'm a realist, not a conspiracy theorist. I refuse to be lied to, and will question everything, especially authority. I will admit though, I felt trapped by negative thoughts for a period of time, and even felt like the world was going end. I think I dug too deep and researched things that I was not ready to know, and most people shouldn't. I've gone back to being a sheep like everyone else, and I have been sleeping much better.

I told you a few months ago that I have a newborn on the way, and it's now only two weeks away, so a lot of my focus and time has been going toward savings and preparation.

Hope all is good with you Kraken.
    And congrats again on the newborn. We're not far behind

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is around

Good man

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Optimism is a choice, like your mood

It's not easy to stay positive and/or optimistic, it takes work. It's a lot easier to be cynical or carmudgenous.

But we control how we view the world, our circumstances, regardless of what has happened to us, we choose our reaction.

It's easy to be cynical and to think the world is going to shit, and sit idly by on the sidelines as the game goes on. I get it, been there done that.

But it's a river of deceit.

Understand it's your choice to be optimistic, or cynical, either way you choose. One is easy, the other isn't. One offers rewards, the other doesn't.

Choices, it's 90% of life
    Very good post, and congrats to you also. There's nothing like it, and I can't wait. I'm at the doctor now, and this should be our last appt until he's born. The kid has a dozen pairs of Jordans ready to rock.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is around

Good man
    In keeping an eye on you

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    What are some tactics for remaining optimistic?

Gamblers are usually skeptical, sometimes cynical.

Having a strong sense of intuition is a great thing, but sometimes it can make you seem like a pessimist
    When you've lived through difficult times, and made things even more difficult for yourself by bad decisions, like I have, it makes it very hard to stay positive and optimistic all the time. If ever. Kraken's response is spot on.

jjgold

Stock market for suckers
    Only insiders win

Sourhead give us an NBA winner

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

sour,
    hope life is treating you good...seems like you got your shit together!....good luck on your wagers if you are still gambling and feel free to post your plays on my thread if you like!...

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"...Joshua 24:15

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    sour,
    hope life is treating you good...seems like you got your shit together!....good luck on your wagers if you are still gambling and feel free to post your plays on my thread if you like!...

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"...Joshua 24:15
    Manster, classy as always. Thank you very much, and hope you kill the books.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

It's funny; while I often think sours claims are totally idiotic and we often agree to disagree, I'd gladly get a beer with him. Very good guy in my book, despite our disagreeing on various topics.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    It's funny; while I often think sours claims are totally idiotic and we often agree to disagree, I'd gladly get a beer with him. Very good guy in my book, despite our disagreeing on various topics.
    Some of the people I respect the most are the ones who I have the most disagreements with. Showing that you are strong enough to have an opinion and not care what others think shows character, and some of the most important things in life that I have learned came from unexpected places.

Aside from that, I'm at millers ale house right now having a few beers, and getting the day started early. Steve Matz used to come in a small pizzeria that I no longer own when he first got drafted, and I decided that I am going to be a Mets fan for the world series. My Yankees showed their age this year, and Matz is giving me a reason to cheer them on.

I'll have a beer with anyone, and I'm actually a pretty fun person to be around IRL. Thanks for the kind words.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Some of the people I respect the most are the ones who I have the most disagreements with. Showing that you are strong enough to have an opinion and not care what others think shows character, and some of the most important things in life that I have learned came from unexpected places.

Aside from that, I'm at millers ale house right now having a few beers, and getting the day started early. Steve Matz used to come in a small pizzeria that I no longer own when he first got drafted, and I decided that I am going to be a Mets fan for the world series. My Yankees showed their age this year, and Matz is giving me a reason to cheer them on.

I'll have a beer with anyone, and I'm actually a pretty fun person to be around IRL. Thanks for the kind words.
    Absolutely sure about that, that's why I said it pal
    Enjoy your early beer(s)!

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Miller's Al House

Great setup for watching games and the boneless wings are pretty money.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSedway View Post
    Miller's Al House

Great setup for watching games and the boneless wings are pretty money.
    Zingers, never come here for anything different. I lived in Florida, Boynton beach for a year, about 12 years ago and was a waiter for a while there. I'm happy to see they made their way to NY a few years back.

jjgold

Sourball I would never hang out with you

Not My type man

I think your an emotional wreck

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Not My type man

jj, you would fondle a dead raccoon for all we know. You can't have a "type of man" while busy working the glory holes.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Not My type man

I still love you

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    jj, you would fondle a dead raccoon for all we know. You can't have a "type of man" while busy working the glory holes.
    Lol

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Congrats on the boy,

proverbs
    “Children's children are
    the crown of old men; and the glory of children are
    their fathers.”

12 Last