jmbrandt87
    jmbrandt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree. You are right with "nothing is guaranteed"... But their window is wide open, and they will be back. I think putting keuchel in on two days rest is a bad idea, and I don't think they will. If they do, it will be a really short outing, probably ineffective. There's only one MadBum, and as I dodger fan it pains me to say the bum is one of my favorite players in the league, and he is one of a kind.

Nationals?? Really? Going to compare the two? Product of poor upper management. Bad coach, terrible GM decisions... Not going to touch on that.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This is 2015, not 2014, Royals pitching not as good this year, KC will not score easily vs. McHugh and having Keuchel in the wings is great.
    Looked good enough to me throughout the season. What does royals pitching have to do with winning today. Cueto is good.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Why do I always see you arguing with people about your plays? Just fkn bet it and shut up no one else cares and you shouldn't care about their opinions either ffs.
    Because he's an insecure douche that thinks his opinion is actually FACT & your opinion means squat.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Guy doesnt post at all during mlb season all of a sudden playoffs here and hes popping up with dart chucks everywhere. Smfh

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

hou ff and ov 7.5

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Cueto has a fat contract on the line - he knows his salary depends on how he performs in these big games. He will throw a gem.

Royals will win this game for sure. Houston is demoralized and doesn't want to return to KC

ramfan47
    ramfan47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

There are NO locks in gambling!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Looked good enough to me throughout the season. What does royals pitching have to do with winning today. Cueto is good.
    His American League form says otherwise.

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I think KC wins but you're definitely over valuing the Royals lineup and over valuing the effects of a crushing loss on a team the next day. Lots of teams lose crushing losses then win the next day.

Cueto is OK and got better with the Royals after talking with Perez about changing his target, but I remain and always will be skeptical about NL pitchers moving to the AL. McHugh is good, not a stud. Gregerson sucks. Royals areally the play at home with low juice.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    goaty even sucks off guys who used to be stars. goat you would straight up blow a celebrity given the chance wouldnt you? cueto a shell of himself and despite your drooling on his name he in fact has proven he has no ability to flip some magical star switch.. glad you on kc tho cause makes hou that much stronger a play..
    There's a lot more written in that write up than info about cueto. if you don't want to read it that's your own decision. after reading all the comments in here and people taking houston, it's clear people are basing their decision on a one year sample. royals have been there done it have the better players and are at home in an elimination game which they don't lose. they're the clutchest team in baseball right now bar none and that was evident last game.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrandt87 View Post
    I disagree. You are right with "nothing is guaranteed"... But their window is wide open, and they will be back. I think putting keuchel in on two days rest is a bad idea, and I don't think they will. If they do, it will be a really short outing, probably ineffective. There's only one MadBum, and as I dodger fan it pains me to say the bum is one of my favorite players in the league, and he is one of a kind.

Nationals?? Really? Going to compare the two? Product of poor upper management. Bad coach, terrible GM decisions... Not going to touch on that.
    The Nationals reference was in regards to their handling of Strasburg during their playoff run a few years ago. Their window was wide open too. How'd that work out? When the opportunity is there you take it, can't assume you'll be back. Too many instances (across all sports) of teams/players never getting back. If pitching Keuchel a few innings gets them to the next round, that's what you do (assuming he can go of course). He can rest in the offseason.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    There's a lot more written in that write up than info about cueto. if you don't want to read it that's your own decision. after reading all the comments in here and people taking houston, it's clear people are basing their decision on a one year sample. royals have been there done it have the better players and are at home in an elimination game which they don't lose. they're the clutchest team in baseball right now bar none and that was evident last game.
    Your basing "royals have been there done that" off a freaking one year sample. I bet hou 1st 5 +115 based off cueto's pathetic playoff history and both pitchers last 10 games so I didn't even go back a year cept to laugh at cueto's other "clutch" performances. Dude never came up big in big moments when he was a legit ace, now he anything but and you expecting him to do something he failed to accomplish at his peak. On other hand mchugh a bulldog who in 1 playoff start had already pitched a better postseason game than cueto ever has, unlike cueto he been better down the stretch, and he has shown the ability to beat this team in this park. I'll take mchugh + money to outperform your boy all day. Stros been out playing kc all series and the 8th inning doesn't change that (I had kc last game). Granted I'm not as enthused about full gm cause kc does have sizable advantage late, their pen not some mystic mojo you believe in that cueto gonna turn on and apparently infects anyone donning the royal jersey. There simply no way this gm isn't a coin flip so give me the plus, I don't even think cueto should be favored. Most my action 1st 5 but also have Stros gm to end open parlay. We shall see but regardless id take the plus vs cueto every time.

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

That was no error the ball was deflected by the pitcher took a bad hop with a ton of spin

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I bet Astros +124.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

It's likely both home teams win today.. I'm gonna try the double up method with both games to play it safe... As in if the Jays lose in the first game i will then double up KC in the second game.. I highly doubt both teams lose at home today in elimination games.. It's a safe way to win money on the day IMO..

Betting strategy -

$160 to win $100 - Toronto Jays to win in the first game ..

if that loses I will then bet

$390 to win $300 - KC to win in the second game..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-14-15 at 02:13 PM.

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Astros +120 thanks

you heard him boys.

Slam Royals and cash
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Ebe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Are the Royals the Lock of the Century in game 5 vs the Astros?

You've been here 5 years some 17k posts and you think a game 5 in baseball is a lock one way or another.

I'm on the Royals for a small amount but it sure is not a lock.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 10-14-15 at 02:33 PM.

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

It is not the lock of the century

It is the lock of the millennium

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by astrodomer View Post
    Make yourself believe what you want, but CRUSHCITY shows up bigtime tomorrow night, ONLY LOCK HERE IS ASTROS!

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

You're trying to use basketball mentality. it doesn't quite work that way in baseball. The whole been here done that, better players, can't lose elimination game @ home thing applies in basketball where superstar players can lead the team & top talent wins in a one game winner take all. In baseball superstar players go 0-4 quite often & pitchers step UP with big performances, bullpens shine. One missed pitch in baseball could be the difference between 3 runs & out of inning. One missed shot in basketball is just another missed shot.
    Two totally different animals. What works in hoops doesnt necessarily apply to baseball.
    Royals very well may win but "lock of the century" just re-illustrates what an amateur u are.

Now run along & tell everybody how the Cavs will win the east this yr & then tell us what a genius you are after they do.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave upscope 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!
    mth61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5594

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This is 2015, not 2014, Royals pitching not as good this year, KC will not score easily vs. McHugh and having Keuchel in the wings is great.

The strength of the Royals are in the bullpen, there starters are tied with Rangers for the worst rotation in the playoffs. With a combination McHugh and Keuchel this eliminates the edge the Royals had with there BP. 1-9 Royals lineup may be better overall but the Astros are the ones hitting better. Finally being at home means little in baseball. All in all i found the value with the Astros at plus money here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

After reading all the excellent analysis and this thread I think the safest bet is the over best of luck to all and good work

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

McHugh FF

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

I'm on the Royals large.Good luck to all.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

KC should get this.. On the Royals as well..

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Houston locked this one up early. Stone cold lock

Lol

Fthestockmarket

Lock of the century is down 2-0. Kc live after the third probably a great bet

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

2-1

Anyone's game men

Bostonsux
    Bostonsux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Quote Originally Posted by Fthestockmarket View Post
    Lock of the century is down 2-0. Kc live after the third probably a great bet
    Lock of century is up 4-2. Lol

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Lock of the century is a lock.

Fthestockmarket

Got KC live +245. Looking pretty good so far!

Bostonsux
    Bostonsux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Not just looking pretty good.. You can count that cash. Job well done

Goat Milk

Like I said, Cueto is a star pitcher and there's no way he was not going to play well in this elimination game when this is exactly why he was brought here. I don't care what regular season ERA says bro. Regular season is regular season in any sport whether bball ftball or baseball. Stars shine in the postseason. It's all about clutchness.

Royals lineup from 1-9 is so deep. They have speed, power, they have patience, they have ability to hit singles, they can walk batter after batter, it does not matter, they are so clutch, so poised, they find a way to manufacture runs no matter what, especially in a game like this. they play amazing defense, and they're the smartest team in baseball. they have veterans on their team and a bunch of guys in their prime. Houston has a couple guys in their prime, a few washed up vets, and the rest are just young guys that have never been on this stage before.

Royals have been there and done it, but its not as if they're some old team that's been there and done it -- they're all in their primes.... And besides Altuve (and maybe carrea), I'll take every single player on the Royals over anyone on the astros. Houston blew their chance to win when Royals were not playing well, and they started celebrating too early and then got pummeled. Same kind of thing today.

Houston 2 hits all game vs a pitcher that supposedly "sucks" when you look at regular season stats. Reg season doesn't mean dick.

Goat Milk

Astros had their chance to finish the royals and they choked. Royals responded like a world series caliber team does, scoring 7 runs in 2 clutch innings to seal the win. Astros are a bunch of rooks, already celebrating on the sidelines when they were up 6-2.

Cueto played terrible last outing and still only allowed like 4 runs I think. Royals scored 5 in that game but lets be honest they should have score about 8 or 9. They left a ton of guys on base and it just felt like every inning Royals were going to bust out. Scary thing about the Royals is everyone in their lineup can hit. 1-9. There's no one that's an easy out. I can't say that about the Astros. Also between Zobreist, Cain, Hosmer, Perez, Moustakes, Gordon....you have 6 perennial all stars right there. That's insane. WHat's even crazier is that they're all great defensively. Then you add escobar at shortstop, and the power hitting of Morales and Rios. There's literally no weakness in this team from a batting perspective. They're all so patient and they strike fear into any pitcher. They are so much better than last year when they faced the Giants. Moustakes is like a completely different player and the additions have made them a far superior team.

They started this series kind of cold but now are picking it up and I feel they will carry this momentum into the world series and will eventually win it all. I just don't see anyone that can match their combination of power, base running, baseball iq, and defense.

Cueto is still good don't forget. He's had a rough year but he's a star and he can turn it around at any moment. With Herrera and Wade Davis in the bullpen, if you don't have a lead going into the 7th, you're 100% done. I saw a stat that Royals are like 150-4 when leading after 7 innings. Nuts.

Royals are cold blooded and they won't lose to the astros at home in an elimination game. They've lost 1 elimination game in the past 10...to Bumgarner. This will be an easy win in my opinion. Something like 8-2 royals.

I'm putting at least 500 on the royals ml and probably 200 on royal -1.5 and 50 on royals -3.5. i want to put more but bases is just not my specialty.

​Thanks.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Very nice

First 123 Last