Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

NFL did the write thing here SBR Brass should take a few notes from them...

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

It's all a dog and pony show..People want Brady to scream innocence from the roof top and give all his phones and fax machines over.
    I don't think that's why he's paying for the top labor lawyers in the country.

They have a defense plan, there's glaring and obvious inconsistencies with how the NFL handles discipline...the NFL has already alluded to being surprised that PSI lowers in cold weather. I'd rather be the one that has more than just a Wells report as a leg to stand on.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

League should just throw brady out.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

This guy not in jail yet?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

No change then 4 game ban it is

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lol he destroyed his phone the same day he first met with the investigator Ted Wells

Pats fans just own up to it....so annoying how brainwashed they are

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Glad they kept the suspension to 4 games.

And how much did Brady waste on Legal/Attorney Fees? I'd estimate he probably burned about $30,000 - $50,000 fighting this. Money up in smoke.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Death penalty seems appropriate here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBRMAN23

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I thought a phone company can check all text messages regardless if they delete it

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

If Tom Brady was actually guilty of what they claim, would he be dumb enough to take his case to Federal Court? Pay all those legal fees? Open himself up to criminal charges? I highly doubt it. I highly doubt that his family would allow him to make that mistake. I highly doubt that the Patriots would want him to compound his troubles like that. To me that's the litmus test. If he actually takes the NFL to court it would be because he knows he's innocent of the original charge of instructing someone to tamper with the balls after they had been approved by the refs. If he is indeed innocent of that (and I think he is) then it's clear to me that the NFL is a very corrupt, vindictive, out-of-control league. In my opinion, Roger Goodell has the brains and integrity of an earthworm. This Greek tragedy has a long way to go.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    If Tom Brady was actually guilty of what they claim, would he be dumb enough to take his case to Federal Court? Pay all those legal fees? Open himself up to criminal charges? I highly doubt it. I highly doubt that his family would allow him to make that mistake. I highly doubt that the Patriots would want him to compound his troubles like that. To me that's the litmus test. If he actually takes the NFL to court it would be because he knows he's innocent of the original charge of instructing someone to tamper with the balls after they had been approved by the refs. If he is indeed innocent of that (and I think he is) then it's clear to me that the NFL is a very corrupt, vindictive, out-of-control league. In my opinion, Roger Goodell has the brains and integrity of an earthworm. This Greek tragedy has a long way to go.
    on the contrary I think it's pretty obvious the NFL did their homework and think they can beat any case vs Brady in court. Not reducing it was basically saying "bring it on", we have all the dirt on you.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    on the contrary I think it's pretty obvious the NFL did their homework and think they can beat any case vs Brady in court. Not reducing it was basically saying "bring it on", we have all the dirt on you.

Bingo.

No bigger prikks in the world than the lawyers that run the NFL. They knew they could win before this ever came out.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

It was pretty clear when Kraft backed off and said "we will take whatever punishment comes our way."
    Brady isn't taking anyone to court he was trying to get the League to lower his suspension and it didn't work.

Harry N. Lloyd

Flipside, we're a ways out but my money says Brady plays in week 1 against the Steelers. You want my action?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Flipside, we're a ways out but my money says Brady plays in week 1 against the Steelers. You want my action?
    Sure, I'll take your $

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It all comes back to that press conference.....Tom, are you a cheater?

"I don't believe so"

Try answering in the same exact way to your wife

If he takes it to court, he can maybe hide behind ambiguity or technicalities...but it's pretty clear that he did somethingI wrong if you're looking for a simple yes or no answer

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Looks like we're going to Federal Court to seek an injunction. Things will turn on Goodell's handling of it all now.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The cheating is one thing but what gets you screwed in the pooter is the cover-up. He's just making it worse.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Pats just have to go 2-2 without him and they'll be fine

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Goodell was willing to reduce it to 2 games if Brady admitted to knowing about this shit.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I'd ban him for life, you cheated and lied how are steroid users worse, end result is to have an edge others don't, to win, ban this clown.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Clearly guilty.....just take your punishment and move on

Dont fukk with the integrity of the game itself
    goodell should have increased it to 6 games but hes a pussy

Harry N. Lloyd

Sure, I'll take your $
    $100. Not points. Brady plays week 1. We will settle, by mail, after week 1 of NFL season. Agreed?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

$100. Not points. Brady plays week 1. We will settle, by mail, after week 1 of NFL season. Agreed?
    We are all witnesses. You have my word, 100$ is yours if he plays week 1, 100$ is mine if he doesn't.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Probably going to hinge on whether Minnesota or New York gets jurisdiction, looks like NFL has NY judge in their pocket so Brady in trouble if it ends up there.

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

Quote Originally Posted by KingHutch View Post
    Looks like we're going to Federal Court to seek an injunction. Things will turn on Goodell's handling of it all now.
    If things turn on how Goodell has handled this whole affair- Brady will very likely not miss a game (imo).
    It may also be the tipping point that causes the end of Goodell's horrid reign.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
    If things turn on how Goodell has handled this whole affair- Brady will very likely not miss a game (imo).
    It may also be the tipping point that causes the end of Goodell's horrid reign.
    Goodell is paid by the owners. As long as Goodell keeps inking the huge TV deals, this Brady fiasco is irrelevant, it's all about the dollars and cents. If anything, it's been said that "Deflategate" a smokescreen to hide the "concussion crisis", PEDs and all the other other off-the-field stuff. Notice how Seau's suicide is being constantly swept under the rug? The big media outlets need NFL "news", so Goodell basically has to manufacture something so the silence about some of this other stuff isn't so deafening. Goodell is basically a paid politician doing constant PR damage control and spin, shining the NFL shield so he can keep selling us his garbage over and over again.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Looks like it could end up settled before court, probably 2 games. Judge directed both parties to "actively begin to pursue a mutually acceptable resolution of this case" and you can bet that if either side shows unwillingness to do this it won't help their case if it gets to that. For the first time Goodell can't just make up the rules and interpret information however he wants without being accountable to anyone else. Brady probably doesn't want it to go to court, unless he is actually innocent.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

I have alot of respect now for Roger. He's the man.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea on this really but I would imagine even a 1 game suspension would hurt Bradys heart. He may/probably very well pushed the envelope a bit with this one but what is he supposed to do?

If he admits it then it would crush the league image and people would be calling for his execution like 3D, if he doesn't admit to anything and sidesteps then some will still hold doubt while others will still be convinced yet the game can move forward.

2 games probably a sweet spot right?

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

I think it ultimately goes to court.
    At that point, it ultimately goes to a lockout/strike come Sept.2016.
    And it won't be over $$$ either...

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

To funny watching Kraft bitch about goodell. He is the one who got good ell the job and in return good ell destroyed the spygate tapes before anyone could see and here he is talking about hard evidence lol

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Jets fans hire a plane to fly a banner over Pats Training Camp

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I have no idea on this really but I would imagine even a 1 game suspension would hurt Bradys heart. ...
    Tom's heart wants to be cleared of any wrongdoing. I don't think the suspension is really the sticking point.

Tom is in a tough spot. He's on a team that's rotten to the core. He's been a good soldier and following orders for decades. Now they throw him under the bus? Tom knows this whole thing comes from the top down, he's just following direction. I bet he doesn't even like under inflated balls that much. But that's what the Pats want and Tom does what he's told.

In retrospect, I bet Goodell wishes he suspended Kraft for 4 games instead of Tom. Kraft folded like a cheap suit with the other penalties, he'd have swallowed 4 games on top of that. Plus Goodell would've looked better after being accused of buddying up to Kraft so much.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

Harry N. Lloyd

We are all witnesses. You have my word, 100$ is yours if he plays week 1, 100$ is mine if he doesn't.
    If you're not starting to get nervous, you should be. I'll give you a $40 buy-out. Deal's off the table in a week.

First 12345 Last