Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

How bad is the SEC

Can Missouri save the SEC?

I think teams like Notre Dame and Georgia Tech have shown how weak the SEC really is. Oregon seems like a lock now to win the championship. SEC = overrated.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Thought Oregon would beat Bama anyway. They have shown weakness against mobile qbs. Tomorrow will be interesting. If osu wins, sec in trouble. If Bama wins everyone will say it's cause osu on 3rd string qb. Osu with nothing to lose could be very scary.

Excited for tomorrow.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Eh, they'll still have almost twice as many in the nfl draft as any other conference and they're what? 3-3 in bowls right now?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

SEC still strong. The Mississippi schools may have been exposed though.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

These Bowl games are hard to measure because it comes down to what teams show up and what teams don't....Oklahoma is another team that decided to throw their helmets out on to the field as well...so motivation has a lot to do with it. Not sure many would say that the ACC is a better Football conference than the SEC

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Funny how people think its a lock that Oregon beats the Noles

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    These Bowl games are hard to measure because it comes down to what teams show up and what teams don't....Oklahoma is another team that decided to throw their helmets out on to the field as well...so motivation has a lot to do with it. Not sure many would say that the ACC is a better Football conference than the SEC
    not too sure about that DS...remember the ACC did go 4 - 0 against the SEC during rivalry week in the last week of the season...and GT just destroyed Miss St. 49 - 34...but SC did beat Miami 24 - 21 and Georgia beat Louisville 37 - 14 so that gives the SEC two wins against the ACC!...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

One of Oregon or Alabama will lose. Both of these lines should be around -6 but hate and nut hugging keeping them close to 10. You could put Alabama at -15 and people will still take them

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Funny how people think its a lock that Oregon beats the Noles
    I think it's people wanting florida state to lose because they dislike winston.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    One of Oregon or Alabama will lose. Both of these lines should be around -6 but hate and nut hugging keeping them close to 10. You could put Alabama at -15 and people will still take them
    There is no better homer than bammer guy. Bammer guy is taking Bama when they are 40 point favorites versus whoever. They truly believe Saban will take the field if necessary.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    I think it's people wanting florida state to lose because they dislike winston.
    I agree man...I have been dealing with it all season and they just keep winning

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun...

Salmon Steak

So Mizzou is a lock tomorrow? Minnesota can wrestle and "maybe" play basketball.

Sam Odom

No one team ATS is a LOCK tomorrow

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I can't figure Missouri out. Only two decent teams they played was Georgia without Gurley and Alabama....and how did that work out

Salmon Steak

I wonder why wrestling isn't more popular. What a great sport. Super athletes. It is very exciting to watch.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Oregon will lose to FSU.

Sam Odom

pavy on the ML

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I tell all you boys the bowl season is a totally different season because of the layoff

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I'm playing FSU and 'Bama on the spread.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I tell all you boys the bowl season is a totally different season because of the layoff
    which way are you leaning, JJ?!

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I agree man...I have been dealing with it all season and they just keep winning
    I am not a huge bettor when it comes to NCAAF, but I have been taking advantage of it the second half of the year. I have never seen a team that everyone wants to see lose, SO BADLY!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Top to bottom, the SEC is still the best football conference. It's just that the top is not as good as ESPN advertised. Might take a look at Wisconsin +7 today.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I said all year the Sec is down and that Miss. St. And Ole Miss sent as good as people think so how come it took the last game for people to see that.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Thought Oregon would beat Bama anyway. They have shown weakness against mobile qbs. Tomorrow will be interesting. If osu wins, sec in trouble. If Bama wins everyone will say it's cause osu on 3rd string qb. Osu with nothing to lose could be very scary.

Excited for tomorrow.
    How much do you wanna bet on Oregon vs Bama if this is indeed the game. Lets take them heads up. I can't go higher than 5K but let's set it up. Put your money where your mouth is. That's if Oregon gets passed overrated FSU. LOL, Oregon lost at home to a team that just got 38 hung on them by Boise. Man GTFO here. Let me know about the bet

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Overall a much better conference than 2/3 years ago. They are 5/6 solid at least now which you couldn't say in past which was all about Bama/Lsu and the rest were fish. Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss,Miss st, Missouri, even Arky coming on is a good thing. People who think Pac 12 are better is laughable. Might be catching up a slight bit but aside from Oregon who you got? Ucla, USC, Zona,Stanford,Cal really????
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 01-01-15 at 09:44 AM.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    not too sure about that DS...remember the ACC did go 4 - 0 against the SEC during rivalry week in the last week of the season...and GT just destroyed Miss St. 49 - 34...but SC did beat Miami 24 - 21 and Georgia beat Louisville 37 - 14 so that gives the SEC two wins against the ACC!...
    Rivalry week was bad matchups for the SEC and Ga Tech was beyond lucky to beat UGA, it took an absolute idiotic move by the HC to lose that one.

Other than that you had

FSU vs UF, total mismatch and UF hung in there

Clemson vs USCe, a very down USCe this year

UL vs UK, obvious a mismatch

We aren't talking about top team against top teams.

Frodo
    Frodo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 909

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    Can Missouri save the SEC?

I think teams like Notre Dame and Georgia Tech have shown how weak the SEC really is. Oregon seems like a lock now to win the championship. SEC = overrated.
    Good enough to win yet another National Championship. Enough said. Stop making stupid accusations based off a single game. Whoever your worthless team is wouldn't win more than 5 games in the SEC gauntlet. That's an entire season you idiot.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Good enough to win yet another National Championship. Enough said. Stop making stupid accusations based off a single game. Whoever your worthless team is wouldn't win more than 5 games in the SEC gauntlet. That's an entire season you idiot.
    Just another competive conference

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    Rivalry week was bad matchups for the SEC and Ga Tech was beyond lucky to beat UGA, it took an absolute idiotic move by the HC to lose that one.

Other than that you had

FSU vs UF, total mismatch and UF hung in there

Clemson vs USCe, a very down USCe this year

UL vs UK, obvious a mismatch

We aren't talking about top team against top teams.
    exactly my point...SEC is overrated and overhyped!...

dbear808
    dbear808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1067

The S(chools where) E(veryone) C(heats) is ESPN's baby, promoting them unmercifully. The Badgers are beating the NATIONAL CHAMPION RUNNER-UP from one year ago. The announcers are speechless about any Badger success and unmercifully biased against them. Ohio St will further show the SEC to be overrated and overexposed later tonight.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by dbear808 View Post
    The S(chools where) E(veryone) C(heats) is ESPN's baby, promoting them unmercifully. The Badgers are beating the NATIONAL CHAMPION RUNNER-UP from one year ago. The announcers are speechless about any Badger success and unmercifully biased against them. Ohio St will further show the SEC to be overrated and overexposed later tonight.
    Idiotic post. And all three SEC teams will win on New Years Day...so it's not the end of the world.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

SEC going down in flames left and right.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Surprisingly the sec east has done well in the bowl games so far and the west has looked bad, what happened was that there was no great teams but they all got rated as great teams because of past years success. If you really look at it, it could have been Arkansas playing TCU or G Tech with a few breaks.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The SEC East did well BC they played weak teams.

The best from the SEC have been getting dominated by the best from the rest of the country.

SEC offenses are behind the curve. This is why their defensive statistics are so good.

All of these big bad SEC West teams are getting shredded.

This isn't 2008-2012. The SEC isn't superior anymore.

Hopefully they won't start the year with like 7 teams in the top 15 next year. That gives them a huge advantage.

Remember when A&M and South Carolona were in the top 10? LMAO

12 Last