eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    And the 2008-10 Lakers would've made the finals without Kobe of course.

Probably would've struggled to even make the playoffs.
    Seroulsy? they would most definitely have made the playoffs those years.

Pau Gasol
    Andrew Bynum
    Lamar Odom
    Ron Artest
    Derek Fisher
    Trever Ariza
    Jordan Farmar

That is a pretty solid team right there. Guarantee they make the playoffs.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

Pau Gasol
    Andrew Bynum
    Lamar Odom
    Ron Artest
    Derek Fisher
    Trever Ariza
    Jordan Farmar

We're talking about the Western Conference. Good teams miss the playoffs every year.

I said they would've struggled to get it not that they wouldn't have for sure.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    nah man, when miami won with shaq, he was still the most dominant player in the nba.
    Wade averaged 35 8 and 4 in the finals.

Shaq 14 and 10.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Why can't we just enjoy watching one of the greatest in the waning years of his career? Guy is leading the league in scoring on a shit team. At least it's entertaining.

Also I saw someone earlier saying Kobe took a max deal. Kobe did not take a max extension, he could have gotten about 5 mil a year more.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Without Shaq Kobe was nothing. He carried the team because no one could stop him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Without Shaq Kobe was nothing. He carried the team because no one could stop him.
    Have you ever had a massive head trauma?
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MickeyMan

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

kobe is going to avg 27/5/5 and thats his real ultimate goal, winning not so much. that team might win 30 games but as long as he gets his shots, its all that matters

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Such a shame to see him play so badly. He was so awesome to watch.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Kobe had a surgery that people say no one can come back and be good. I think he can still help somebody. The lakers have no one.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

2 years $50million, kobe is robbing Jeanie Buss, hes butt fuc king that slut and she doesnt mind, good girl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe of course is still an above average player

I think they have Golden State tomorrow??

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Take Bryant off that team and the spurs blow out the lakers by a minimum of 30. we already saw that story last year when the spurs play their starters and dry against the lakers without bryant. blowouts. get a clue.
    I must respectfully disagree...take Kobe off the team and Jeremy Lin imposes his will on the game...which usually results in a more balanced offense...I don't think they get blown out by 30 unless Spurs shoot the 3 like they did last year....to his credit..however, Kobe tried to play a team game last night...clearly he was under the weather...better team won...it wasn't a classic Kobe shoots them out of it kind of game...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Kobe had a surgery that people say no one can come back and be good. I think he can still help somebody. The lakers have no one.
    the reason they have nobody is because of kobe
    the end.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    the end.
    jsmith is spot-on here.

intelligent individuals can understand this.

but kobetards cannot.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

Pau Gasol
    Andrew Bynum
    Lamar Odom
    Ron Artest
    Derek Fisher
    Trever Ariza
    Jordan Farmar

That really is a great time, but also those guys were all playing very well together. Odom Gasol and Bynum were a nightmare front court match up for almost every team

jsmithj88

lol.

Without Ray Allen making a crazy shot LeBron would be 1-4 in the finals.

I'd say Wade and Bosh had a LOT to do with both those championships as well.

Gasol was 0-12 in the playoffs before joining Kobe iirc. He was the guy who kinda needed to be carried to a title.

Dwyane Wade won a title basically on his own. I can give you Bosh but don't tell me you could've just replaced D Wade and the Heat win those championships anyway. He had bad games and struggled especially in the 2013 run but he had HUGE games when the Heat needed him badly in both years.

Did Gasol ever drop 40 to bail out Kobe?

so jordan nor kobe were every bailed out by another player in their lifetime?
    without lebron, ray allen would be sitting at home watching the nba finals the last couple years
    if i remember correctly, gasol carried kobe in the clinching game of their last title

yea sure, kobe carried gasol to the title
    i dont recall kobe getting out the first round after the shaq trade ..............
    for some reason, nobody wants to give gasol ANY credit
    kobe benefited from the best front court in the nba when he won those titles by "himself"

yea so u admit wade was struggling in the playoffs
    so who carried the team in the regular season and the playoffs??
    geee, i guess it was lebron
    wade showed up in big games??
    where was at when the spurs were blowing them out?

lakerboy

the end.

thank god they kept him around for the 5 rings.

jsmithj88

thank god they kept him around for the 5 rings.
    i hope they extend him another 5 at max salary
    enjoy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon, and Ratzz

lakerboy

i hope they extend him another 5 at max salary
    enjoy.
    yeah they sure will. i guess you have no clue like usual. the lakers are rebuilding with him and they need some type of star attraction to bring people in and sell shirts. im sure you have noticed the lakers are a not a winning franchise

jsmithj88

yeah they sure will. i guess you have no clue like usual. the lakers are rebuilding with him and they need some type of star attraction to bring people in and sell shirts. im sure you have noticed the lakers are a not a winning franchise
    as usual another blind lakers fans is sipping the kool aid
    what u really meant was the lakers ATTEMPTED to rebuild ...... and FAILED
    gotta give kobe credit though, he is a persistant SOB
    brick after brick, he will keeps chucking them no matter what, haha
    maybe he will blow out is knee and the lakers will extend him another 5 years max

lakerboy

smith im going to bed pal. kinda tired. maybe one day lebron will have 5 rings. i doubt it though pal. the lakers will win again. you and i know that, no not sipping kool aid at all. as a lakers fan we dont need kool aid. we know they will win over the loing haul. history has shown us that.

have a good night bud.

jsmithj88

smith im going to bed pal. kinda tired. maybe one day lebron will have 5 rings. i doubt it though pal. the lakers will win again. you and i know that, no not sipping kool aid at all. as a lakers fan we dont need kool aid. we know they will win over the loing haul. history has shown us that.

have a good night bud.
    who knows wat will happen with lebron

jerry buss isnt running the show anymore
    phil jackson isnt the coach anymore
    kobe is even kobe anymore

yall won because u had top tier people running things
    u guys have a long long long ways to go
    if i were a lakers fan, i would not be happy with how things are going

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I must respectfully disagree...take Kobe off the team and Jeremy Lin imposes his will on the game...which usually results in a more balanced offense...I don't think they get blown out by 30 unless Spurs shoot the 3 like they did last year....to his credit..however, Kobe tried to play a team game last night...clearly he was under the weather...better team won...it wasn't a classic Kobe shoots them out of it kind of game...
    Menses.. if i may ask.. why disagree 'respectfully'?

it's Goat.

but agree with rest 100%

Seto

so jordan nor kobe were every bailed out by another player in their lifetime?
    without lebron, ray allen would be sitting at home watching the nba finals the last couple years
    if i remember correctly, gasol carried kobe in the clinching game of their last title

yea sure, kobe carried gasol to the title
    i dont recall kobe getting out the first round after the shaq trade ..............
    for some reason, nobody wants to give gasol ANY credit
    kobe benefited from the best front court in the nba when he won those titles by "himself"

yea so u admit wade was struggling in the playoffs
    so who carried the team in the regular season and the playoffs??
    geee, i guess it was lebron
    wade showed up in big games??
    where was at when the spurs were blowing them out?
    Wow. Just wow.

The best frontcourt in the NBA you mean you're including Andrew fukking Bynum in this? The guy who averaged 6 and 4 in the 2009 Playoffs and 9 and 7 in the 2010 Playoffs? If anything Kobe and Pau carried that bum to a title.

Obviously everyone needs help to win a title. But if you think playing with Pau Gasol is comaparable to playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, I really can't help you. Everything supports what I say, stats, all star selections, players' records in the playoffs without LBJ/Kobe...

When the Spurs were blowing them out? You mean last year? What the fukk did LeBron do last year in the finals dumbfukk?

If you're referring to 2013, I seem to remember Wade carrying LeBron through a must-win game 4 on the road before LeBron decided to pad his stats scoring 9 points in garbage time to be the top scorer in the game. That was actually really pitiful.

Oh and where was LeBron to help Wade in the 2011 Finals? 17 ppg

Bottom line is, if you think Kobe had as much help in 2008-10 as LeBron in 2011-14, you need help. Probably should just put you in the Menses/Ratzz group of "never discusss anything Kobe-related with".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lakerboy

Menses

That's what I hear about those finals. I hear that Wade carried an old Shaq and a bunch of bums to a title. Almost everyone says that. Also hear a lot about the refs from those finals lol. I didn't follow back then though so I have no clue what happened.
    I can tell you it was rigged from top to bottom....Wade might have taken 130 free throws in that series alone...

Menses

Hey Seto cut that out.....stop trying to downplay Pau and Shaq.....in a watered down Western Conference....You know fully well Kobe without a big man is like a hotdog without the relish...LOL...you saw what happened in 05-07 when the Lakers went small..no rebounds for all them mansions Kobe built from 40 feet LOL...missed playoffs one year and..bounced out of the first round twice the next 2...including a playoff game where Kobe flat out quit in fustration..

Jerry West gives Pau to Jerry Buss for a bag of fruit...LMAO....and Lakers reach NBA finals the next year? Why is that? Because PAU is the ideal player for the triangle....but keep knocking him... he an all star this year..on a contender..you going to learn the hard way.....Where is Kobe without Pau now? LOLOL....Is Jordan Hill an improvement? LOL....you better come across.....don't make me start a new thread....
    Last edited by Menses; 11-16-14 at 07:22 PM.

Seto

I never knocked the Lakers' Shaq. Let's not make stuff up here.

You are free to believe what you want. Let's see what LeBron wins the next few years

lakerboy

Don't make me start a new thread. Lol. This menses guy probably hasthousands of kobe posters in his room. He might wanna off kobe for all we know.

One thing for sure. Kobe has 5 rings. That will NEVER change.
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto

Don't make me start a new thread. Lol. This menses guy probably hasthousands of kobe posters in his room. He might wanna off kobe for all we know.

One thing for sure. Kobe has 5 rings. That will NEVER change.
    The only thing that even made me enter this thread was comparing playing with Wade and Bosh to playing with Gasol (and Bynum I guess? ). People in this thread don't really seem to understand how ridiculous that is and I'm done trying to convince them. Regardless of what you think of Pau, you just can't compare him to Wade... End of story.

I doubt LeBron wins again for a while but I guess we'll see.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Bynum was never healthy during their two Finals years.

Gasol was better than Bosh but Wade is one of the best shooting guards of the last twenty years so this argument is ridiculous.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Bynum was never healthy during their two Finals years.

Gasol was better than Bosh but Wade is one of the best shooting guards of the last twenty years so this argument is ridiculous.
    Yeah that's the thing we're talking about Bynum in 2008-10 not during his All-Star year.

I don't think people understand how good Wade is.

lakerboy

Bosh and wade better than any two players lakers had with kobe ever.

Let's say shaq was the man. He had kobe and fisher in his prime.

jsmithj88

Wow. Just wow.

The best frontcourt in the NBA you mean you're including Andrew fukking Bynum in this? The guy who averaged 6 and 4 in the 2009 Playoffs and 9 and 7 in the 2010 Playoffs? If anything Kobe and Pau carried that bum to a title.

Obviously everyone needs help to win a title. But if you think playing with Pau Gasol is comaparable to playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, I really can't help you. Everything supports what I say, stats, all star selections, players' records in the playoffs without LBJ/Kobe...

When the Spurs were blowing them out? You mean last year? What the fukk did LeBron do last year in the finals dumbfukk?

If you're referring to 2013, I seem to remember Wade carrying LeBron through a must-win game 4 on the road before LeBron decided to pad his stats scoring 9 points in garbage time to be the top scorer in the game. That was actually really pitiful.

Oh and where was LeBron to help Wade in the 2011 Finals? 17 ppg

Bottom line is, if you think Kobe had as much help in 2008-10 as LeBron in 2011-14, you need help. Probably should just put you in the Menses/Ratzz group of "never discusss anything Kobe-related with".

i said the best front court in the nba, which includes LAMAR ODOM
    do i need to educate u on ur own team?
    pau+bynum+odom were the best front court in the nba for many years when the lakers were the top squad

i say kobe did not win the title on his own, which is FACT and u lakers cocksuckers get ur panties in a gigantic bunch
    get a grip dude

wow, u named 1 moment where wade played well
    anybody with a brain know lebron carried the heat in the regular and post seasons the last couple years
    so where was wade when the spurs were blowing the heat out last year?
    didnt do jack shit just like bosh, lebron is the only one that showed up

i hope ur enjoying ur lakers this season, its high comedy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wade is a hall of famer

Bosh has been fairly underrated his whole career

Kobe has always just been a great scorer/ball hog

Menses

I never knocked the Lakers' Shaq. Let's not make stuff up here.

You are free to believe what you want. Let's see what LeBron wins the next few years
    One Championship in Cleveland will DWARF the 3 counterfeit rings Kobe won with Shaq and the two Gasol gave Kobe as a parting gift before he left for Chicago....LOL

First 123 Last