StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Scenario: You are paying bookie or he's paying you

Hypothetical, boys:

Let's say you have an established relationship. Both sides have come up legit and honorable multiple times when paying out.

Let's say both of you use delivery systems of cash through mail/express shipper/etc.

What happens if the package, for whatever reason, gets intercepted?

How do you deal with it as player? As bookie?

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

It would be the responsibility of the sender. But why would anyone send a package? I can understand sometimes it hard to meet up but such transactions should be done in person only.
    If for some reason its not possible then trust the punter or bookie and carry the balance forward.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

idk how that could happen. but if it did, and it was the bookie paying u, he should resend. if its player to bookie, tough shit, thats business, deal with it. player should always get paid

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Hypothetical, boys:

Let's say you have an established relationship. Both sides have come up legit and honorable multiple times when paying out.

Let's say both of you use delivery systems of cash through mail/express shipper/etc.

Stackin, if the package gets intercepted by the Feds, you as a player, immediately need to go to the nearest Police station and file a missing money report.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    idk how that could happen. but if it did, and it was the bookie paying u, he should resend. if its player to bookie, tough shit, thats business, deal with it. player should always get paid
    Is it normal to send packages? I have never been in a situation with my local where the agreement is to send cash via some package

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Is it normal to send packages? I have never been in a situation with my local where the agreement is to send cash via some package
    yes. i do it all the time. I've got a couple players that are in oklahoma, I'm in dallas. so we send via fedex

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

My bookie doesn't allow this mainly cause he got guys all over collecting his money.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Hypothetical, boys:

Is this domestic mail if so you got jacked or he was careless ....should have sent that shit FedEx tracked overnight I've sent weed,hash, money, seeds you name it never lost a shipment.

T4TRUTH
    T4TRUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    yes. i do it all the time. I've got a couple players that are in oklahoma, I'm in dallas. so we send via fedex
    Dude seriously why not give your name and the times you send at as well.
    Sending in shipping yes , gets intercepted, split fifty fifty. send empty package trouble for you, buy insurance on the package maybe or try to work a settle figure with the guy and make it a point to send a runner when settle figure is reached. rental car $80 for couple for days, pay someone expenses to travel $100 a day and $100 hotel and meals a day, cost about $680 make a run. well worth not having to pay twice.

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by T4TRUTH View Post
    Dude seriously why not give your name and the times you send at as well.
    Sending in shipping yes , gets intercepted, split fifty fifty. send empty package trouble for you, buy insurance on the package maybe or try to work a settle figure with the guy and make it a point to send a runner when settle figure is reached. rental car $80 for couple for days, pay someone expenses to travel $100 a day and $100 hotel and meals a day, cost about $680 make a run. well worth not having to pay twice.
    I've never had a problem in several years of business so far. so look at what I've saved by not doing what u suggested.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tough case who do you believe??

It's an easy way to scam bookie or player

Like others say FedEx best

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chase Bank Quick Pay

As long as it not outside the US

Instant and easy. Been using it for years. I would imagine all is cool as long as you aren't getting into 5 figures.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Chase Bank Quick Pay

Instant and easy. Been using it for years. I would imagine all is cool as long as you aren't getting into 5 figures.

True. I have had the bookie deposit in my Wells Fargo account at the counter when he couldn't drive down to pay me in cash.
    Gave him the account number and it was done in 5 minutes. And of course the figure was well under 5 digits

warbux

How much money does it requre for you to start up your own book? I never gave it much thought but I think this is a good business to get into.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by warbux View Post
    How much money does it requre for you to start up your own book? I never gave it much thought but I think this is a good illegal business to get into.
    fixed it for ya

warbux

Thats true rocket, but I've never seen any small bookies get busted by the feds most just go belly up and vanish.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

Always meet in person. Don't try to get cute.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by warbux View Post
    Thats true rocket, but I've never seen any small bookies get busted by the feds most just go belly up and vanish.
    it happens more often than you think warbuxer

jjgold

a lot of rookies in this thread

man easy to catch them

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Chase Bank Quick Pay

True. I have had the bookie deposit in my Wells Fargo account at the counter when he couldn't drive down to pay me in cash.
    Gave him the account number and it was done in 5 minutes. And of course the figure was well under 5 digits
    why would you guys create an electronic trail to your personal bank acct with a fkn bookie? and why would you even share your acct# with a guy like that?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Free tracking #

do not send regular mail

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    why would you guys create an electronic trail to your personal bank acct with a fkn bookie? and why would you even share your acct# with a guy like that?
    He'll be asking himself that same question when hes locked up behind bars

I/O

I pay the same employees every week. No info is shared. It's set up through Chase. Works great. I have never sent anything over 3 grand though.

It's not like there's no tracking or paper trail involved in anything else. If the heat is onto somebody, their done.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

no payment without tracking and insurance, its pennies on the dollar

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Not saying whether good idea or bad idea but not much guy can do with account number other than deposit. Half of my tenants use this method for monthly rent as its due on the first and late on the 5th and they are always waiting until the fifth.

As far as deposit. It just shows up same as any other cash deposit.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Not saying whether good idea or bad idea but not much guy can do with account number other than deposit. Half of my tenants use this method for monthly rent as its due on the first and late on the 5th and they are always waiting until the fifth.

As far as deposit. It just shows up same as any other cash deposit.
    he probably can't...well, besides passing that info to the Feds when he gets arrested

...but bank acct #s, especially with money on it, are the hot commodity on the black market
    the guy might not be savvy enough to protect that info from the hacking community

and forget hacking...millions things could go wrong

the guy could easily forget somewhere his "secret" book with all the #s and the rest will be history

I just don't understand the reasoning on why you guys put your personal info into the hands of some Joe Shmo

just because it's convenient?
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 10-28-14 at 11:35 PM.

jjgold

Guys it's better just to meet Guys at traditional places like bowling alleys, bars, libraries, Starbucks

Stop with the bank accounts

Dealing cash

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    He'll be asking himself that same question when hes locked up behind bars
    Lol are you this naive?

thunderous
    Update your status

he probably can't...well, besides passing that info to the Feds when he gets arrested

...but bank acct #s, especially with money on it, are the hot commodity on the black market
    the guy might not be savvy enough to protect that info from the hacking community

and forget hacking...millions things could go wrong

the guy could easily forget somewhere his "secret" book with all the #s and the rest will be history

I just don't understand the reasoning on why you guys put your personal info into the hands of some Joe Shmo

just because it's convenient?

A few reasons rocket one I know the guy for years and its a trust thing second the acct is set up for things like this it's not like my main checking acct. I normally don't even keep much cash in it.

As for feds or LE I am not even remotely worried because he can't even prove that he made a deposit in my account and even if he does it is very hard to prove that the money came from illegal gambling activities.

I own my own business and handle much larger amounts in cash so if there is any inquiry as to where I got a couple thousand dollars from is not hard to come up with an explanation. I could understand for someone who receives a fixed pay check every month it could be a problem but my situation is not like that.

I/O

Quick Pay involves NO account data

Two people log in to Quick Pay separately and kind of "friend" each other. When I pay someone, when completely done from my end, they get a text or email. Info is limited to name, phone number, email.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Interesting thread, my hypothetical set off real traffic

Step it up JJ

---

I've got another interesting scenario, should I make a new thread?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

A few reasons rocket one I know the guy for years and its a trust thing second the acct is set up for things like this it's not like my main checking acct. I normally don't even keep much cash in it.

As for feds or LE I am not even remotely worried because he can't even prove that he made a deposit in my account and even if he does it is very hard to prove that the money came from illegal gambling activities.

I own my own business and handle much larger amounts in cash so if there is any inquiry as to where I got a couple thousand dollars from is not hard to come up with an explanation. I could understand for someone who receives a fixed pay check every month it could be a problem but my situation is not like that.
    Quick Pay involves NO account data

Two people log in to Quick Pay separately and kind of "friend" each other. When I pay someone, when completely done from my end, they get a text or email. Info is limited to name, phone number, email.
    got it

jjgold

guys play at Heritage, 5 Dimes Betonline, Bookmaker

best of luck with all your transactions

good thread though stacker!!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I know people don't believe it but seriously I never had a problem. If I ever did this in the past, I just had a paranoia that someone would steal it even though that was based on very little; just worried about the what ifs