STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds +2800 to win it all

I think this is a tremendous play... also like the Indians at +11500 for a small play. I also love the field vrs Oakland at -600.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Indians is a terrible play but the Reds are as sharp as a samurai sword.

STAX

You're crazy on the Tribe... 115 to 1? On a .500 team only 3.5 games out of the wild card? A team with a WS champion manager? A team that made the playoffs last year? A team that has underacheived big time so far? That has to be worth a small play... I'm sorry. I mean the Royals are 45-1 and they are a whopping 1 game up on the Tribe... with a team that isn't as good on paper. Tribe has a team half full of .200 hitters, guys that are way to talented to hit .200 for a full season (Santana, Swisher to name two). I mean the Yankees are +2200 with the exact same record, and they are not near as good as the Indians.

If Masterson can rebound at all and Salazar is what we thought he was (He is starting on Saturday), the Indians are in good shape to make a run. Kluber is an ace, and Baeur has been very good the last two months. The bullpen is coming around with Cody Allen as the closer. This is a team that could make a run, no doubt about it.
    Last edited by STAX; 07-17-14 at 08:19 PM.

STAX

Reds just fell to +3000 and Indians are now +10000... I already put $50 on Reds at +2800 and $10 on Indians at +11500 and $200 on Dodgers at +550

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Good luck. Are you an Ohio residente?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Good luck. Are you an Ohio residente?
    yep, not a Reds fan at all, but I am a Tribe fan. Don't really live and die with MLB, I actually do pretty good betting for and against the Indians. I just think at 115 to 1 that is definately worth a small play...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what are your thoughts on the Buckeyes football season?

STAX

Actually think they may be overrated, and I rarely say that about them. The defense will be better, but everything will come down to the O-line IMO. The thing is though, they don't play anyone, but I can't see us beating Michigan State this year. I hope they prove me wrong and make the playoffs, but I cannot see it. We will beat VTech at home, but @ Penn State worries me, and @ Mich St we will be 7 pt dogs. Michigan at home this year, but anything goes in that rivalry. I mean it wouldnt totally surprise me if we went undefeated, only one game we are decided dogs in.

When its all said and done, I think we will have 1 or 2 losses and a possible shot at the BCS playoffs. I mean best case is we are 11-1 heading in to the Big Ten title game, and if we win that we are in the final four. @ Penn State is the key game of the season IMO.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Won't be long until Penn State is hoisting up national championship trophies again. #weare

NittanyLionsFan

And the one thing I can promise you...the one thing I can penetrating GUARANTEE you...is this: When we do it, we do it for Sandusky.

NittanyLionsFan

Ohio State is a bunch of fkn scum.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Reds have been playing great baseball of late, but now that Phillips is out 8-12 weeks and Votto on and off the DL, it's hard to see them hanging around. As for the Indians... they don't have nearly enough pitching.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by OckertCR View Post
    Reds have been playing great baseball of late, but now that Phillips is out 8-12 weeks and Votto on and off the DL, it's hard to see them hanging around. As for the Indians... they don't have nearly enough pitching.
    Indians pitching has been questionable, I give you that but we still at .500. Kluber has been lights out, and Baeur is coming into his own. All we need is masterson to be half as good as he was and for Salazar to be what everyone thought he was. Bullpen is fine...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

where are indians
    +10000?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    where are indians
    +10000?
    now they are 100 to 1

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

what book i mean?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Reds definitely have a chance the NL is wide open as always and any team that makes the playoffs can make a run. +2800 is a decent # as well and probably can hedge out for a profit once the playoffs start.

STAX

5dimes

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    You're crazy on the Tribe... 115 to 1? On a .500 team only 3.5 games out of the wild card? A team with a WS champion manager? A team that made the playoffs last year? A team that has underacheived big time so far? That has to be worth a small play... I'm sorry. I mean the Royals are 45-1 and they are a whopping 1 game up on the Tribe... with a team that isn't as good on paper. Tribe has a team half full of .200 hitters, guys that are way to talented to hit .200 for a full season (Santana, Swisher to name two). I mean the Yankees are +2200 with the exact same record, and they are not near as good as the Indians.

If Masterson can rebound at all and Salazar is what we thought he was (He is starting on Saturday), the Indians are in good shape to make a run. Kluber is an ace, and Baeur has been very good the last two months. The bullpen is coming around with Cody Allen as the closer. This is a team that could make a run, no doubt about it.
    The Indians are the worst fielding team in baseball.

By a large margin.

They lead the league in errors, they have the lowest fielding percentage, and the DefW% is .200 less than the second worst team.

That will not win them a title.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Who is going to hit for the Reds over the next 6 weeks?

Votto is on the shelf.

Phillips is on the shelf.

Bruce is still hitting what, .250?

Who is going to play first for the Reds? Not having Votto defensively cost them 2 games already..... there is no one down in Louisville who can play first for Cincinnati and hit...

Defense is carrying the Reds.. but now Phillips is out until late August.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds don't have a chance in hell. There's a reason they're 12th in the ESPN power rankings. The 7-3 hot streak is not going to last.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I like nats/lad in the nl or stl/mil i rather pay for the favs and get a smaller cash than gamble on long shots unless its my yankees i still say we're taking the AL east i mean cmon man enough with this bmore shit their best pitcher is chen SUREEEEEEE yea yea yea my yanks are hurting at the moment but trust me a trade is coming and this greene kid looks the real deal as well we'll be fine.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    And the one thing I can promise you...the one thing I can penetrating GUARANTEE you...is this: When we do it, we do it for Sandusky.
    Are you for real? Free Sandusky?