ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

StealthyBurrito is onetrickcamel's ghost.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

If Sam didn't know whether his lists were accurate he should have said so and asked for patience while he confirmed the non-attendees.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I don't know who's more idiotic...the losers that reserved and didn't show up, or SBR for not taking a CC deposit

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I don't know who's more idiotic...the losers that reserved and didn't show up, or SBR for not taking a CC deposit

Split it down the middle. It seems that whoever planned this could have cut losses by having people respond to a final confirmation and made it clear if they didn't there would be no room for them.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I pushed to see the list but I assumed Sam would have taken enough care to confirm its validity
    I'm pretty sure it had something to do with badges that were given out on Fri. Mike said he saw Koz at the Sat dinner and Blax0r said the same about Ronald.

Then again I spent the first 30 mins of the dinner sitting in a 'bash' down the hall with a bunch of travel agents. SBR Marketing Bash sign right outside the door and it was so dark in there that I figured I just couldn't see anyone. After two drinks I was like this is strange I still don't recognise anyone I know so I started to table hop a bit until I finally asked someone what the party was for. And she was like yeah, you're the 2nd one who has ended up in here and when I was walking out another SBR guy was walking in

By the time I got to our dinner I was ready to cry. I showed Lou, Rachel and Kasandra the sign just so they wouldn't think I was going nuts. Not outside SBR's door. It was outside the worlds largest gathering of elderly travel agents

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Imagine going to the bash and actually meeting all these people who think so much of you that not only did they forget you in three days but they also put you on the fukkin stiff list and hinted at giving you infractions for it!

LMAO!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    If Sam didn't know whether his lists were accurate he should have said so and asked for patience while he confirmed the non-attendees.
    If you don't collect your name-tag, you didn't officially attend the bash. Period.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Exactly Hawley. We pushed to see the list assuming it would be accurate. It's anything but. Who knows out of the remaining 39 actually stiffed SBR and who actually sent Sam an Email or even worse, who showed up to the bash but still somehow ended up on the list.

Shari, do not assume the final 39 is correct.

I actually applaud Sammy9ball for all he does here and actually posting the list. All I'm saying is get it right. Out the stiffs and let us constantly remind them of it for the remainder of their posting days on that handle.

Shari it's understandable you coming to Sammys defense. You're a good friend. I'd do the same thing in your position.

Ninja Edit

LOU GTFO You just make shit up as you go. So the guys that bought their tickets, stayed in the rooms SBR paid for them and socialized with other SBR members WEREN'T at the bash because they didn't have a name tag?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Imagine going to the bash and actually meeting all these people who think so much of you that not only did they forget you in three days but they also put you on the fukkin stiff list and hinted at giving you infractions for it!

LMAO!!
    You know what it is? If you wanted to go and literally meet maybe 3 people you could. That's the whole point. It's not like there's a everybody stand up and introduce yourselves kind of thing. So don't be sarcastic about it because if I wanted to go and not have anyone know I was there or just didn't want to talk to many people, it could've been done easily either by choice or by circumstance. Don't show up on Friday and show up for dinner Sat, sit at a table and talk to the people you're sitting with. Leave after that. The other 120 ppl would have no clue who you were. You could be a guest for all we know.

shari91

Kraken I'm not coming to his defence. I'm just trying to be realistic. If you only showed up Saturday, we wouldn't have a record of it. Just like those guys who collected their badges Friday but didn't show up Saturday. It's not like it's a babysitter's club. You're assumed there if you get your badge. How else is anyone supposed to know you made it? There wasn't a sign in sheet at the door for the dinner. I did my best to talk to every single poster who came to the bash and I bet I still missed a couple and I was there both nights and all day Saturday for both events. That's my point.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    LOU GTFO You just make shit up as you go. So the guys that bought their tickets, stayed in the rooms SBR paid for them and socialized with other SBR members WEREN'T at the bash because they didn't have a name tag?
    Hey hammerhead,

If someone attended but didn't collect their tag, how does SBR recognize officially they attended the bash? Because someone saw them at the buffet line?

Everyone who officially checked in got a name-tag and a shirt. There's no knocking on hotel doors to confirm if someone showed up but dodged the official events, or didn't do the one thing required for entry to all events: Get your name-tag.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Hey hammerhead,

ey If someone attended but didn't collect their tag, how does SBR recognize officially they attended the bash? Because someone saw them at the buffet line?

Everyone who officially checked in got a name-tag and a shirt. There's no knocking on hotel doors to confirm if someone showed up but dodged the official events, or didn't do the one thing required for entry to all events: Get your name-tag.

Reported

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

So I'm understanding that these parties are open to the public as long as you act like you belong?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

The bash are held annually during the summer? Or..

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Hey hammerhead,

If someone attended but didn't collect their tag, how does SBR recognize officially they attended the bash? Because someone saw them at the buffet line?

Excellent point about the collection of the tags. The tags were available at each event (minus the horse contest) and Sam's assistants were there almost the entire time to assist if needed.

Gotta wonder if a few didn't take make the trip, have fun in Vegas, use the SBR room, and not show up at any of the events...

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    So I'm understanding that these parties are open to the public as long as you act like you belong?
    You know what? As I was reading over this last page, that's exactly what I was thinking and that's obviously something that needs to be addressed for next year. Even though it was a bit of a mission to get to the banquet halls, just like I showed up at that other party someone could've done the same at ours. Because everything was based on that badge as far as attendance was concerned but you didn't need to wear it to get in on Saturday night. So yeah, it's something we need to look at for next year. Not so much because I think crashers are going to going to go through the effort of putting on their Spidey suits and Captain Crunch decoder rings just to get in but just so we have an accurate account number wise of who shows up to what events. Because like I said some showed up Friday and not Saturday and obviously a few did the opposite. Most did both but it would help to know exactly. That's why I've been kind of sounding things out in here... something felt a bit off with that structure and you guys (don't worry Drinker -- I mean it in a nice way) helped me to pinpoint it. xo

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

That's a very reasonable answer Shari. The point I'm leading to is that it's probAbly not a good idea to make a stiff list when you don't really know. It's actually quite shocking that the hotel wouldn't have a no show list for the lead planner. One of the reasons I didn't even consider attending the bash is because I ran a charity golf event for 100 players yesterday. I realize how difficult these events are to pull off (and my event was just one day) so take it all as constructive.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Except quang.

He really is a fukkin moron.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

So is an apology for posting a list that wasn't completely accurate what you want. Then fine I am sorry for making a mistake. Thank God that was the only thing that didn't go well.
    The real issue is that you guys have no idea what a headache it is to put something together of this size. With sending out the numerous e-mails and PM's trying to get confirmations to organizing the useless models that did absolutely nothing. When I receive responses saying how many times do I have to confirm? As many times as I send out email request. And to receive cancellations 2 & 3 days before the event( at least they cancelled, Thank you)

To be able to sit down and socialize, partake in the alcoholic consumption and eat would have been nice, but my main concern at the time was to make sure that ALL the posters had a good time and that everyone was taken care of.
    So if these posters that supposedly attended failed to sign in with my 2 assistants that were available the entire time the Bash was going on. Except for the last 1 1/2 hours when I allowed them to finally get something to eat. Then yes your right I screwed up.

Didn't know I was running a weekend day camp for a bunch of children. Everyone was aware that we had a registration table and name tags to hand out.

But I apologies for the error.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blondie, shari91, downsouth, The Kraken, and CarolinaDaze

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Bump

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Posters this should not of happen. Alot of food was wasted as well as funds that could of made for an even better bash then what it was. I also believe that all the (extra) work made Sam miss his flight to Vegas thereby having to wait overnight. Let's be sure to do something special for Sammy next year. Thanks for the bash Sammy. loved it!

First ... 3456