ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

It's ok guys Lakers beat Jazz and Thunder at home so they're finally good now

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the road struggles continue. blow a double digit lead in the 4th quarter to the powerhouse suns.

the next 6 are on the road (over 9 days no less) stay tuned folks.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

now the lakers are at the all star break 25-29 basically 2/3rds of the way done with the season.

they are still 3.5 games out of the playoffs, in the next month they back 3 b2b road games (one against denver one against atlanta) open up the 2nd half of the year against a hot as hell boston team also play a road game against the equally hot mavericks and one at okc, also a game at indiana which is the 3rd game in 4 days, if they can survive that stretch, the schedule gets somewhat easier for the last 15 games, but they still have a total of 6 road games that are the 2nd half of a b2b, they probably need to go 19-11 to make the playoffs, maybe 18-12.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    now the lakers are at the all star break 25-29 basically 2/3rds of the way done with the season.

they are still 3.5 games out of the playoffs, in the next month they back 3 b2b road games (one against denver one against atlanta) open up the 2nd half of the year against a hot as hell boston team also play a road game against the equally hot mavericks and one at okc, also a game at indiana which is the 3rd game in 4 days, if they can survive that stretch, the schedule gets somewhat easier for the last 15 games, but they still have a total of 6 road games that are the 2nd half of a b2b, they probably need to go 19-11 to make the playoffs, maybe 18-12.
    what have you been drinking? its 6.5 games away from the last playoff spot

and with 28 games left, i fail to see how they win 7-8 more than houston

even if houston goes 13-14 in its remaining 27 games, lakers will have to go 18-10. were are the lakers gonna get 18 wins? probably wouldnt get that many if they played the bobcats every game

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

even if houston goes 13-14 in its remaining 27 games, lakers will have to go 18-10. were are the lakers gonna get 18 wins? probably wouldnt get that many if they played the bobcats every game
    How is it 6.5 sir? They're 3.5 games back from the playoffs

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

6.5 games back? Put down the glass dick shroomer.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers have to win 4 more games than Houston, the lucky thing for LA is they play Houston the last game of the year, I alluded to it where the NBA might set it up where that is a winner take all type game. Lakers trail Houston by one game but with a win win the tie breaker. But I am not sure what that would e since Hou is already 2-1 SU against LA this year already. So if LA beat them they would be tied head to head as well as in the standings. Not sure if margins of victory is the next tie breaker or not. Wont bother looking it up since it wont matter anyway. Dallas will more than likely pass the Lakers anyway, if Dirk can stay close to healthy anyway.

Lakers are just a bad team and they are even more short handed than they have been. Hill already gone for the year, and gasol gone will take a toll eventually. Lakers went 8-3 or whatever with smoke and mirrors only thing semi impressive about it was they won some road games, but really is 4-3 Su on the road against those teams that good? Only 3 have winning records, and Bos had to win 7 in a row to get where they are.

Lakers got their shit pushed in last night and it was third time in 3 games they were the mouse to the Clippers cat. Clippers have had the Lakers beat by 30 every game this year, and only reason second game of the series was close was because Clippers stopped playing.

So regardless of whether or not Lakers make the play offs or not they have absolutely zero chance of competing with any of the top 4 or 5 teams in the west.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

that Clipper Loss os going to screw their heads for a week..
    that hangover will create another 5 Losses over the next 10 games..

i feel a BIG 'OLE LAKAH SlumP AH comin'''

should be fun.. bunny slippers on, and remote in hand.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is simple:

GSW,Utah and Houston is going to win more games or have a better season record than the Lakers from here on out......

Portland might even finish with a better record than the Lakers and they are a total shit team............

Lets not forget Dallas either because they are neck and neck with the Lakers as well..........

So this means the Lakers are competing with Dallas and Portland Just in Hopes for a waiting spot of one of either GSW,Utah or Houston to fall flat on their face......

Odds are pretty shitty if you ask me..........

Lakers will most likely continue to fall flat on their face so it really won't much matter.........

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

spread loads of jizz

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another classic thread by goat milk. Add this to the 20K he's down lifetime, and all of his other "guarantees". Never seen someone lose so much money and somehow still convince himself he's an expert on every sport.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its pretty sad the discussion and e-pissing matches now are about whether they are going to squeak in as an 8 seed and not whether they can beat OKC and Miami. What a joke.

If Kobe retires they'll be back in the post season competing next year. Dwights the best player on the team and its not even close. Not even healthy and he's putting up 16 and 12 on 58% shooting.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    6.5 games back? Put down the glass dick shroomer.
    well you tell me you math wiz

houston is 29-26 thats 3 games

lakers are 25-29 thats 4 games

thats 7 games total

lakers have to win 7 more games than houston in the remaining 28 games just to tie it up

and considering that at the moment houston holds the tie breaker, it is possible that la might need to win 8 games more than houston to get into the playoffs

theres a bigger chance that la wins 8 less than houston than 8 more the rest of the way

put a fork in them, at least there will be one la based team in the playoffs

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats 7 games total

lakers have to win 7 more games than houston in the remaining 28 games just to tie it up

and considering that at the moment houston holds the tie breaker, it is possible that la might need to win 8 games more than houston to get into the playoffs

theres a bigger chance that la wins 8 less than houston than 8 more the rest of the way

no

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

As bad as Goat Milk is with his predictions and bold statements, he just doesn't compare with the one and only Brock Landers who has been hitting his large money line favorites (-300 and above) at a 50% clip dating back decades.

The Indiana -345 job was absolutely epic.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

thats 7 games total

If Houston goes 14-13 and finishes 43-39 Lakers will have to go 18-10 to tie them. 4 games difference. Last one is heads up. Basically if Hou plays .481 (sub 500 obviously) ball Lakers need to play .630 ball to tie them.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post

no

ok its not 7 but it is 5 which is still impossible

houston is 29-26 win 27 games left, lets say they go 14-13 the rest of the way, that puts them at 43-39

lakers are 25-29 with 28 games left, if they are to finish with a 44-38 record they have to go 19-9. how are they going to do that?

they have a brutal schedule

lakers are not hitting .500 and are not going to be in the playoffs

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

another prop bet that will lose

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I said it was early did I not?

With that said, they DO have issues. Brown can't coach and the pieces they have don't fit together well.
    I was calling out this Laker team when Brown was still the coach. Now with 8 games left, I see at least 4 more losses and possibly 5. If they go 3-5 down the stretch, they won't make the playoffs and it will be hard as hell for them to even go .500 when they can barely beat the Kings and Wolves.

LA is "still" the team we thought they were. They're having to do everything they possibly can to beat bad teams in must win games. They're not any good.

LA has some talent but that doesn't translate into a good team especially when D'antoni is running the show.

It's only a matter of time before this train wreck is over. I espcially loved the quote in this thread by the OP that said "No one except maybe Miami will be able to hang with them".

A 38-36 record says otherwise...

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Look at Utah's schedule. Super easy. Lakers have to go 6-2 to make it IMO. (I see Utah going 5-3)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They may not even make the playoffs.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Look at Utah's schedule. Super easy. Lakers have to go 6-2 to make it IMO. (I see Utah going 5-3)
    I don't really think Utah's schedule is that easy.

Thunder
    Nuggetts
    Clippers
    Warriors

They play the Wolves twice but it's one of those screwy back to back home/away things. Don't teams usually split those?

I think Utah goes 4-4 so if LA goes 3-5 that will do it.

Don't forget about Dallas either. They have the easiest schedule and they play LA.

Kings
    Blazers
    Suns
    Hornets (2x)
    Grizzlies at home second to last game.

Memphis plays the Jazz and Mavericks their final two games. Those game may be meaningless to Memphis so I could very easily see them dropping those.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They may not even make the playoffs.
    Even if they do, they will get smashed. You don't go from being a .500 team that struggles to beat the likes of the Kings, Wolves, and Bobcats to a team that is a legit threat to win a title.

The Spurs would be the best match up "if" they get in but still, I think the Spurs would win in 5-6 games.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

I was calling out this Laker team when Brown was still the coach. Now with 8 games left, I see at least 4 more losses and possibly 5. If they go 3-5 down the stretch, they won't make the playoffs and it will be hard as hell for them to even go .500 when they can barely beat the Kings and Wolves.

LA is "still" the team we thought they were. They're having to do everything they possibly can to beat bad teams in must win games. They're not any good.

LA has some talent but that doesn't translate into a good team especially when D'antoni is running the show.

It's only a matter of time before this train wreck is over. I espcially loved the quote in this thread by the OP that said "No one except maybe Miami will be able to hang with them".

A 38-36 record says otherwise...

they were a much better team with brown i think. i think he is a better coach then mike.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I don't really think Utah's schedule is that easy.

Thunder
    Nuggetts
    Clippers
    Warriors

They play the Wolves twice but it's one of those screwy back to back home/away things. Don't teams usually split those?

I think Utah goes 4-4 so if LA goes 3-5 that will do it.

Don't forget about Dallas either. They have the easiest schedule and they play LA.

Kings
    Blazers
    Suns
    Hornets (2x)
    Grizzlies at home second to last game.

Memphis plays the Jazz and Mavericks their final two games. Those game may be meaningless to Memphis so I could very easily see them dropping those.
    I'm not forgetting about the Mavs at all.

I looked at all 3 teams and I have it (obviously very error-prone prediction) at Jazz 43-39, Lakers 43-39, Mavs 42-40.

Jazz aren't playing the Clippers though. They have Portland, Denver, New Orleans, OKC and Minny at home, Golden State, Minny and Memphis on the road.

Yeah teams can split those home-and-away series and if Minny gets up for the home game they can most certainly beat a horrible road team like the Jazz but I dunno, Utah will be desperate for it too... We'll see.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    they were a much better team with brown i think. i think he is a better coach then mike.
    If Brown was the coach we would probably be trying to project who the Lakers would play in the second round as I think he would most certainly get them into the playoffs and win a first round series.

With that said, they would probably go out in the second round again.

If Phil Jackson was coaching this team they would be a threat to win it all. As it stands, I couldn't be any happier those chose D'antoni.

I don't think it's a talent issue with the Lakers. I think it's coaching and chemistry issues. Jackson would have fixed that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

5 games left to find out if we are delusional.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

we will find out in the next two games that we are NOT.. lol..

i LOVE thread.. always did..

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

he didn't guarantee they make the playoffs...he said win the West.

So we'll have to wait till the postseason to see whose delusional.

I think at the present time, he's thinking of a cover-up since his 'guarantee' is about to be an epic failure.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

I was optimistic back then. But factoring Kobe playing a lot of minutes, unhealthy MWP and Nash, inconsistent play from howard and poor coaching skills of d'antoni. Damn. I don't know what to hope for.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

bump

BigDofBA

If the Lakers make the playoffs, they should just forfeit the series against OKC and save themselves the embarrassment.

It's almost like making the playoffs will make their season now. LOL.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

ouch...

I hope he doesn't have too much tied up in Lakers future bets.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

It's the shoes

First ... 2223242526 Last