High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Canadians: What's the Consensus on Obama up North?

Wondering what the Canadian public thinks about the failed pipeline deal?

Really hoping you guys are not forced to do biz the Chinese!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Obama is a firme vato up there...

The homeboy frizzer told me..

And that pipeline is garbage.. Don't believe the hype..

High3rEl3m3nt

Still want to hear from the Canadians...guys are our Northern brothers...I really should know more about them.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

with out google's help
    name
    PM of Canada
    President of Mexico

......exactly !!!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Take our oil today, tomorrow, or never. We don't care.
    We know that Opie busted the deal. He sent in LVHerbie and rest of "new" liberal friends to stir up the public. Opie is too powerful now.

Wait till you guys get 8 years of Hillary Clinton as president. Then ask who remembers Obama.

I am moving to Maldives.

High3rEl3m3nt

f...Herber or something...Mexico is easy. Calderon receives a lot of press. You got me on the PM though.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

For our Canadian friends
    who was the previous governor of California
    For us Americans
    name the head of the provincial government in British Columbia

any questions

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Georges St Pierre .... And I dare any Canadian to tell him he is not!

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Obama is good in most Canadians books as he has superseded George bush jr who most consider a big douchebag up here.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Meh, opinions are as diverse as they are down there about him. Though I think most view him as somewhat competent, if underachieving.

As for the pipeline, we'll be lucky to get our own pipeline to the Pacific built... There are factions that are strongly supportive, but I think a slight majority would rather hold off on the pipelines and slow/limit the tar sands altogether.

High3rEl3m3nt

Frizz, give us a quick summary of the state of Canada today. Economics, politics, etc. Thanks.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Steven Harper - He is what you call a REPUBLICAN, but unlike yours he gets elected with a majority government.

You tree huggin democrates Americans just baffle us.
    If that is what you all want then you can have it. John seems to be only Republican on this site. Except he likes the one that only wants to do a 3some with his wife and ex-wife. Sorry but that is just weird too.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    Meh, opinions are as diverse as they are down there about him. Though I think most view him as somewhat competent, if underachieving.

As for the pipeline, we'll be lucky to get our own pipeline to the Pacific built... There are factions that are strongly supportive, but I think a slight majority would rather hold off on the pipelines and slow/limit the tar sands altogether.
    Does conservative/liberal mean the same thing in Canada as it does down here? I know in the U.k. it's different.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

It hasn't failed. Obama is stalling. If we get antsy the Chinese will get the oil, they'll pick it up in ships off the BC coast.

Direct pipeline to Texas is what we want. Easy flow.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Drink beer and watch hockey.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Canada loved obama
    They wish he ran their country
    We are lucky to have him as ours

High3rEl3m3nt

What are the big Canadian breweries?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canadian here. We are overflowed by American media as the top tv channels are fox,cbs,nbc,cnn etc. We sometimes watch our news channel (cbc) but even that will only show American news based on what American channels show.

From my perspective, the US is not doing well. For example, I read a post at sbr today that says the American deficit dips another trillion. I personally don't know how the US will ever pay off their debt/deficit. I honestly think that one day USA will have a major revolution. The 'occupy' movements were a start but it will continue to progress in future years.

There is a continued difference between rich/poor and it has been proven that a large middle class is the best for a country. I hope for the best but it seems like America's time as world leader will soon be over. England had their time and is still in the downfall.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    What are the big Canadian breweries?
    Sadly, our top beer, Molson Canadian, is brewed in America

at us

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    It hasn't failed. Obama is stalling. If we get antsy the Chinese will get the oil, they'll pick it up in ships off the BC coast.

Direct pipeline to Texas is what we want. Easy flow.
    It's what we want too, pal.

Black gold, we call it down here.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Stephen Harper who is our leader is a horrible prime minister and i cant wait till he is out of power.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Canadian here. We are overflowed by American media as the top tv channels are fox,cbs,nbc,cnn etc. We sometimes watch our news channel (cbc) but even that will only show American news based on what American channels show.

From my perspective, the US is not doing well. For example, I read a post at sbr today that says the American deficit dips another trillion. I personally don't know how the US will ever pay off their debt/deficit. I honestly think that one day USA will have a major revolution. The 'occupy' movements were a start but it will continue to progress in future years.

There is a continued difference between rich/poor and it has been proven that a large middle class is the best for a country. I hope for the best but it seems like America's time as world leader will soon be over. England had their time and is still in the downfall.
    Do you guys have a pretty strong middle class?

Great information in here so far.

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Sadly, our top beer, Molson Canadian, is brewed in America

at us
    Wouldn't Labatt Blue be our top beer?
    (Not judging by taste obviously)

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Stephen Harper who is our leader is a horrible prime minister and i cant wait till he is out of power.
    Frizzelli, break this down a bit more? Is he popular? How many terms (forgive me if it's different) can a PM be reelected? What has he done policy wise?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    It's what we want too, pal.

Black gold, we call it down here.
    Might have to get Obama out of office for it to happen.

hels

Do you guys have a pretty strong middle class? Great information in here so far.
    I would say yes. However, in the larger cities (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) there is the beginning of a large class differential. In the smaller cities things are still very homogenous.

I live on the border with the US and when I travel (anywhere outside of Canada) I will use the airport in the US as rates are always cheaper. Driving there is about 15 miles after I cross the border. To get there I will pass by 3 trailer parks (permanent housing complexes where the houses are the same shape as trailers) to get there. In Canada, there is only one trailer park I know of which is about 20 miles from where I live. I know this isn't a great example but it's just something I've seen and I'm sure there are many different situations I know of.

I often cross the border here to buy gas, groceries and alcohol. Sometimes coming back into Canada the guard writes me up... only maybe 20% of the time. Gas is about 1/2 price (I don't declare obviously as there's no way of them to know), basic groceries (milk, bread, butter etc.) 4/5 price and alcohol 1/2 price. I know tobacco is about 1/2 price as well.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Frizzelli, break this down a bit more? Is he popular? How many terms (forgive me if it's different) can a PM be reelected? What has he done policy wise?
    Unlimited terms. The leader of the party is elected from within. If the party wins enough seats to stay in power, the leader stays (unless the party wants to change)

One thing the U.S. would probably love - is "question period". It's a daily 30-45 minute period in the House of Commons. Opposition members of parliament ask verbal questions to get the prime minister, cabinet ministers and House of Commons committee chairs to defend and explain their policies and the actions of the departments and agencies.

Obama is still popular. Guy actually acknowledged Canada's part in Afghanistan more than once instead of going all Cheney/Bush douchey when Canada wouldn't follow blindly into Iraq.

That stuff goes a long way when you're burying dead soldiers.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Lab Lite has been the No.1 beer in Canada for years.
    It is because of all the visiting Americans that buy it. They think it is the strongest beer ever..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I got into it w

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I got into it wIth this hot liberal whore in downtown Detroit earlier this year on politics. She was attending Wayne St Law and was from Windsor.

She LOVED Obama and didn't like conservatives very much.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Unlimited terms. The leader of the party is elected from within. If the party wins enough seats to stay in power, the leader stays (unless the party wants to change)

One thing the U.S. would probably love - is "question period". It's a daily 30-45 minute period in the House of Commons. Opposition members of parliament ask verbal questions to get the prime minister, cabinet ministers and House of Commons committee chairs to defend and explain their policies and the actions of the departments and agencies.
    I like the idea of the 30-45 minute questioning...

Has Canada had a budget surplus within the last decade, or is the budget consistently balanced?

hels

Quote Originally Posted by macoeric View Post
    Wouldn't Labatt Blue be our top beer?
    (Not judging by taste obviously)
    Blue/Canadian have always been the top 2 Canadian beer. Labatts/Molson were obviously the biggest breweries in Canada at one time and now they're moving. So you are correct, today Labatt is the largest in Canada. Unfortunately they will eventually move to America as well. Molson holds the international market as any country (other than US) that has beers from around the world will stock Molson Canadian and not Labatt Blue

muldoon

I like the idea of the 30-45 minute questioning...

Has Canada had a budget surplus within the last decade, or is the budget consistently balanced?
    http://www.canadahistory.com/section...et_surplus.htm

High3rEl3m3nt

I would say yes. However, in the larger cities (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) there is the beginning of a large class differential. In the smaller cities things are still very homogenous.

I live on the border with the US and when I travel (anywhere outside of Canada) I will use the airport in the US as rates are always cheaper. Driving there is about 15 miles after I cross the border. To get there I will pass by 3 trailer parks (permanent housing complexes where the houses are the same shape as trailers) to get there. In Canada, there is only one trailer park I know of which is about 20 miles from where I live. I know this isn't a great example but it's just something I've seen and I'm sure there are many different situations I know of.

I often cross the border here to buy gas, groceries and alcohol. Sometimes coming back into Canada the guard writes me up... only maybe 20% of the time. Gas is about 1/2 price (I don't declare obviously as there's no way of them to know), basic groceries (milk, bread, butter etc.) 4/5 price and alcohol 1/2 price. I know tobacco is about 1/2 price as well.
    Trailer parks are normal in U.S cities. Wondering if you guys had a similar real estate boom when we did. Housing was pretty insane for a while there.

muldoon

Blue/Canadian have always been the top 2 Canadian beer. Labatts/Molson were obviously the biggest breweries in Canada at one time and now they're moving. So you are correct, today Labatt is the largest in Canada. Unfortunately they will eventually move to America as well. Molson holds the international market as any country (other than US) that has beers from around the world will stock Molson Canadian and not Labatt Blue
    Bud & Coors Lite are top sellers (according to this site anyway)
    http://www.foodandbeverageundergroun...ing-beers.html

1234 Last