CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

both team were HORRID defensively both look to have tightened up but they have been playing inept offenses. taking NE -3 and over 55 think worst will split.

no.1cards
    no.1cards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    patriots points scored this year 513
    patriots points allowed 342

giants points scored 394
    giants points allowed 400

so the patriots outscored their opponents by an average of 32-21 while the giants were outscored!

and these same patriots are only favored by -3 +105??!!

TAKE THE PATRIOTS
    good point, but one key note November 6Th the Giants out scored NE 24-20.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Pats are a one man team and he has a bad ankle this game is a mismatch, the Giants have the advantage on both sides of the ball.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    The initial breakdown of this game favors the Giants. They just have better players on both sides of the ball.
    arent the patriots 3 point favs?

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants were 9-10 point dogs in the regular season matchup. Subtract 3 points for Home Field and the Giants were a 6- 7 point dog on a neutral site back then. Now they are getting 3. So you are getting some value if you take NE. However, the Giants have the better defense, and are hot right now. One of the more difficult Super Bowls to handicap. Think you can make a solid case for either side. Laying off the side, and playing the total.
    Last edited by john230; 01-24-12 at 11:12 AM.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Pats are a one man team and he has a bad ankle this game is a mismatch, the Giants have the advantage on both sides of the ball.
    What makes you think he'll be affected by the ankle? It really wasn't a bad injury. Adrenaline+painkillers, he'll be fine.

Pats win 31-27, Eli comes up just short at the end.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Last 5 weeks (really only the time that matters):

Giants points scored: 141

Giants points given up: 67

Not to mention the best QB in the NFL since week 14 is not named Brees, Rodges, or Brady.

The best QB in the NFL has been Eli.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Brady sucked last game against balt.....the defense carried them....kinda

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

It seems to me you are UNDER-thinking the Super Bowl with the logic you are using. Giants' regular season stats are irrelevant because of all the injuries they had, they are better on both sides of the ball right now at full strength.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Fact:

Every moron who's been using the team "A" was god aweful this season have gotten burried..

This isn't the regular seaason people.

This is the POST season..

If you keep making arguements with stats from the ENTIRE regular season, you get burried..

Year after year..

Only thing you take is the last few weeks...

And it's the Giants..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Last 5 weeks (really only the time that matters):

Giants points scored: 141

Giants points given up: 67

They've doubled the number of points scored than they have given up since their playoffs basically started back in Week 16 against the Jets.

All the momentum is with the Giants, but the Pats want revenge from 08'. Its going going to be a hell of a game. I can't see myself picking a side in this one. Most likely going to play props closer to kickoff. I actually laugh out loud when I see guess wagering thousands of dollars on a toss up game (that will most likely be fixed) 2 weeks until kickoff. Stupid rookies.
    They scored 10 points in 5 Q's and everyone is impressed.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Line is irrelevant, given what happened in Foxborough with the Giants as 9-point dogs earlier this season. Not much else books can do with it.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Local radio here in Indy said Peyton was in SF for the weekend and went over game film religiously with Eli. They specifically went over the exact redzone defense that the 49ers used on that 3rd/15 TD and Peyton suggested the slant which for the TD. You give Peyton 2 weeks to study film and this undermanned Pats D is really in deep $hit. Flacco had a 95.4 QB rating w/over 300 yds and 2.75 TD passes thanks to Lee Evans. Baltimore came out soft in that game but really moved at will after the 1st quarter when they finally took the reins off Flacco. Eli to Nicks, Cruz, & Manningham is obviously a HUGE upgrade over Flacco/Bolden/Smith/Evans. I don't discount Belechik or Brady's abilities and it sounds like Gronk is going to play but Vernon Davis could outrun their WRs. NY is going to sit everyone within 20 yds and try to jump those short routes as much as possible. The public may play the "Revenge" angle but absolutely everything else points to NY imo.....esp at +135 ML!!!

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

They played two totally different schedules, if you just compare numbers than you are missing something, but I hope everyone pounds the Pats big time, please just pound pound pound away so that the Giants line gets much better.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Local radio here in Indy said Peyton was in SF for the weekend and went over game film religiously with Eli. They specifically went over the exact redzone defense that the 49ers used on that 3rd/15 TD and Peyton suggested the slant which for the TD. You give Peyton 2 weeks to study film and this undermanned Pats D is really in deep $hit. Flacco had a 95.4 QB rating w/over 300 yds and 2.75 TD passes thanks to Lee Evans. Baltimore came out soft in that game but really moved at will after the 1st quarter when they finally took the reins off Flacco. Eli to Nicks, Cruz, & Manningham is obviously a HUGE upgrade over Flacco/Bolden/Smith/Evans. I don't discount Belechik or Brady's abilities and it sounds like Gronk is going to play but Vernon Davis could outrun their WRs. NY is going to sit everyone within 20 yds and try to jump those short routes as much as possible. The public may play the "Revenge" angle but absolutely everything else points to NY imo.....esp at +135 ML!!!
    All this film studying and Peyton's still 9-10 in the playoffs.

Eli is not much better just "running good" like an average poker player runs above Expectations.

Already choked in 3 first round playoff games and people call him clutch....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

The public is playing the giants end of story.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Eli is not much better just "running good" like an average poker player runs above Expectations.

Just getting the Colts into 19 playoff games should get him a statue. They've been undersized and pushed around on both sides of the ball his entire career.
    Eli hits that 3rd/15 pass for the TD to Manningham and that 4 pts ends up being the difference. Funny how he always seems to "run good" at the right times. You also said the Giants scored 10 and everyone is excited....according to that logic then they've allowed zero, 6, and 10 (Vernon throwing up white chalk Davis) in the playoffs so 5.3 ppg is pretty good!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Peyton manning never had a decent defense. After watching them suck it up this year without him youre going to degrade his performances?

He is clutch because he has to be every game for his team to win

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    I agree I think the Pats will win, but these stats dont mean much at this point in the season. For me, it's all about momentum, and the Giants look better than those numbers would indicate.
    If you want to play the momentum card it's logical to take into consideration the Pats have won 10 in a row...

john230

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    If you want to play the momentum card it's logical to take into consideration the Pats have won 10 in a row...
    Good point. And the Giants have won 5 in a row. Flip a coin on this one. Staying away.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

are you upset that the Giants beat the Niners? Serious question.
    Last edited by DJ Dana; 01-24-12 at 11:33 AM.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Peyton manning never had a decent defense. After watching them suck it up this year without him youre going to degrade his performances?

He is clutch because he has to be every game for his team to win
    Wrong again.

2002-2010

5 times he had a Really good defense
    2 average ones
    2 below average

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Good point. And the Giants have won 5 in a row. Flip a coin on this one. Staying away.
    I am a firm believer prop and totals were invented to play in these types of games...I really think the Pats win this fairly easily but I am staying away from ml and spread bets...one interesting thing should be the Pats ground game...surprisingly they had decent success against the ravens...wonder if they try and make this a big part of the game plan or just put Brady in the shot gun and tell him to go win it...it has been mentioned before and will be over and over again but I think it's very true...no pressure on Tom and he gets ring #4...Eli can hold his own but I highly doubt they want to see who can score more points...

Mr Handicapable

Wrong again.

2002-2010

5 times he had a Really good defense
    2 average ones
    2 below average

Even in the Colts good points allowed years...they still played Dungy's soft a$$ cover 2 which allows the other team everything underneath and kept Peyton off the field. They also had to go to NE which is tough for a dome team. NE got homefield due to Miami, Jets, and Buff sucking while the Colts had strong Tenn and Jax squads to deal with. You say FU to people that dog Alex Smith but yet you dog one of the games all-time greatest QBs. Please quit while you're behind! Enjoy that 1st place schedule next year too....Harb*tch will really be grumpy and sprinting past the other coaches after the game when they go 7-9!
    He's a former Colt but might even be a bigger dikhole than Belecheat if thats possible?

john230

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    I am a firm believer prop and totals were invented to play in these types of games...I really think the Pats win this fairly easily but I am staying away from ml and spread bets...one interesting thing should be the Pats ground game...surprisingly they had decent success against the ravens...wonder if they try and make this a big part of the game plan or just put Brady in the shot gun and tell him to go win it...it has been mentioned before and will be over and over again but I think it's very true...no pressure on Tom and he gets ring #4...Eli can hold his own but I highly doubt they want to see who can score more points...

If you think NE wins easily, I would take a shot. Laying 3 or 150 on the money ain't a bad price to pay. NE ran well, but Houston also domianted the Raven D at the line of scrimmage. Foster got around 125 yards. Giants held Gore in check for the most part, and I think they do the same with NE.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    both team were HORRID defensively both look to have tightened up but they have been playing inept offenses. taking NE -3 and over 55 think worst will split.
    Giants made Packers look like shit, their defense is legit right now.

k13

Manning does not step up in the playoffs, 88 qb rating. Not sure why you need all these excuses for him?

They've had great defense players all the time.

2007 #1 in points against and #3 in yards against and lost first game in the playoffs at home...

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iam surprised it isn't a pick 'em, money will be on the Giants big time simply cos NY has deeper pockets..

k13

Giants had one drive the whole game and the public is all impressed.

The only good thing for them is Pats are not much better.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    It seems to me you are UNDER-thinking the Super Bowl with the logic you are using. Giants' regular season stats are irrelevant because of all the injuries they had, they are better on both sides of the ball right now at full strength.
    ^This

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Super bowls can be very unpredictable....I have no opinion on this game

LT Profits

Giants had one drive the whole game and the public is all impressed.

The only good thing for them is Pats are not much better.
    Niners have a great defense. Patriots......

k13

Enjoy that 1st place schedule next year too....Harb*tch will really be grumpy and sprinting past the other coaches after the game when they go 7-9!
    He's a former Colt but might even be a bigger dikhole than Belecheat if thats possible?
    They will have a down year, that is obvious.

10.5 o/u wins is available if you are that confident.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The public is playing the giants end of story.
    Funny thing is BOTH sharps and public are on the Giants. So I guess no one is on the Patriots then

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Funny thing is BOTH sharps and public are on the Giants. So I guess no one is on the Patriots then

Except Vegas.

First 12345 Last