BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Favre will be traded to Saints?

It makes sense that Favre will be traded to the Saints because he's a hometown hero,the NFL and federal government need to pump up New Orleans and the Saints need a quarterback.The problem for Favre will be that the Saints are as bad as the Packers.Sherman is history and may not last for the next two games.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hometown hero?

edit: Nevermind, my geography skills are on vacation apparently.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 12-20-05 at 10:38 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

you mean he's from San Antonio

but seriously, i doubt he will be traded anywhere at all. he's a packer thru and thru. this guy is a god in green bay. and, theres no way the packers give up there only attraction.

i personaly feel he need to goto a team that has a shot at winning a superbowl. or, just stay where he's at.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he's close to retirement...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he would retire before playing for another team.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill is 100% correct. If Favre decides to play another season, and I suspect he will, then it will be in a Packers uniform. The only way Green Bay gets to keep Favre in uniform is if they allow Sherman to hang around. Brett won't play for another team and he won't play for another coach, but he probably will play in 2006. I like to call this Sudoku Reasoning.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I am a Packer fan and hope Favre returns. Yes, I am one of those people everyone is making fun of asking why do you want him back, all he does is throw interceptions. There is nothing wrong in sports with being loyal to your team, especially if they are losing. The first twenty years of my life the Packers made the playoffs only once. I stuck with them making the Super Bowl win that much sweeter. It was tough for me to watch Bret Favre break all of Lynn Dickey's quarterback records.

Favre will stay in Green Bay and return next year. No way will he want to end his career on this note. Aaron Rodgers sucks and was a waste of a draft pick. Use the draft this year to shore up O-Line and Defense.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

he may come back, might want not to go out like this...

Vietbet
    Vietbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this a reported rumor?

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    but seriously, i doubt he will be traded anywhere at all. he's a packer thru and thru. this guy is a god in green bay. and, theres no way the packers give up there only attraction.

i personaly feel he need to goto a team that has a shot at winning a superbowl. or, just stay where he's at.
    Exactly. He'll only go somewhere with a chance of a Superbowl or stay where he is. Even if he stays for one year at the Packers and they don't win a game all season, he'll still leave a hero.

isetcap

top 5 nfl quarterback of all time. yes, he will leave a hero and a packer.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Brett should go out a proud Packer and not be turned into a 3rd rate semi-coma induced Saint. Brett went to Southern Miss I think which aint exactly BigEasy country.

If he stays in the league I'd like to see him go to the Pats or Colts and be a backup in a leadership role.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Maybe the Raiders for Favre or how about the Jets or even the Dolphins.All are high profile teams and the Packers could stand a draft choice.I think Favre has 2 or 3 good years left if he's with a good team.That might constitute a team like the Raiders giving up a very high round draft choice for him.Favre aint no big city guy but he would really be in the limelight with the Jets.I laughed when Favre said on Monday night football he won't know what to do with himself if he retires.Geesh,I'm sure some big outdoors hunting and fishing supply companies would chomp at the bit to pay him a couple million a year just to run an outdoors program featuring Favre.They send you out to the best prime locations for 2 days at a time for 20 weeks hunting and fishing having a great time.What a life!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Trust me Favre could throw in 0 TDs, and 40 ints and the Green Bay faithful would not care. They like him a lot and realisticaly, Favre gives them their best shot of winning.

The problem is Favre is so hard-headed and won't quit now. I say he'll play for another 2 years and then retire. GB is going to be bad for several years...who knows if they even make the playoffs the rest of the decade.

isetcap

they won't really contend again until they remove sherman. once favre goes sherman goes also.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    Trust me Favre could throw in 0 TDs, and 40 ints and the Green Bay faithful would not care. They like him a lot and realisticaly, Favre gives them their best shot of winning.

The problem is Favre is so hard-headed and won't quit now. I say he'll play for another 2 years and then retire. GB is going to be bad for several years...who knows if they even make the playoffs the rest of the decade.
    I disagree, I think they would have had a great year were it not for the losses of Walker and Green. The Packers found out the hard way how much Javon Walker means to that team. I think Favre will play at least 1 more season and I think the Packers will use their high first rounder on an offensive lineman to fill the voids that Wahle and Rivera left. If they discover that Rodgers isn't the answer, they can use another first rounder in a year or two to get Brady Quinn.

I agree that Sherman needs to go. I would like to see him replaced by DC Jim Bates or Steve Mariucci. I think a healthy Walker and Green puts the Packers into playoff contention next season.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Good write-up senator7 but the Pack is more than a man or two short. Plus the 3-13 picks are all QB's and RB's. The Pack may be wise to trade down and get some warm bodies on defense and as you say some beef up front.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    I disagree, I think they would have had a great year were it not for the losses of Walker and Green. The Packers found out the hard way how much Javon Walker means to that team. I think Favre will play at least 1 more season and I think the Packers will use their high first rounder on an offensive lineman to fill the voids that Wahle and Rivera left. If they discover that Rodgers isn't the answer, they can use another first rounder in a year or two to get Brady Quinn.

I agree that Sherman needs to go. I would like to see him replaced by DC Jim Bates or Steve Mariucci. I think a healthy Walker and Green puts the Packers into playoff contention next season.
    Their offense can certainly be made well again as you have described Senator, unfortunately for the Packers John is correct in that their real liabilities lie on the defensive side of the ball. If they play 500 ball next year, that would be impressive to say the least.

As for their coaching situation, I am no fan of the Packers so I do hope they hire Steve Mariucci. That will definitely lock them into mediocrity.