onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Lions 15-13 Final

That call the refs made was the biggest bullshit call I ever seen. Taking the Safety away from the Lions. No playoffs for either team, but as a Lions fan, I just cant stand the Packers and Farve. To all you Packer fans, players, and refs you got a gift and here ya go

Ok, just felt like ranting, and feel better now. But good job to everyone that took the Lions today.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-27-15 at 10:58 AM. Reason: image does not exist

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like me! who got screwed all day. actually made up pretty good
    on the lions +7, but I had bet Lions on The ML and couldn't believe
    that call?? Then when Lions get ball back Roy Williams drops a pass
    that would of been a touchdown. Lions did everything they could
    of to lose..

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, I'm right there with you Imgv...got screwed all day too....went 2-5 and lost some units...first time in weeks that I've been on the wrong side on the day. But, like you, hit the Lions and under pretty hard, so didn't lose as much as will be posted in Best Bets. I've been gone all day, so didn't report my night game picks.
    Let's get it back tomorrow! hi-ho silver
    Now...40-22 college/NFL
    Last edited by misteve; 12-12-05 at 12:07 AM. Reason: changed wording

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

i was at the Lions game and let me just say that it was the worst call i've seen in years. Last time I checked, when a lineman holds in the endzone it's safety everytime. Then the ref comes out with a bullshit explain how the running back was a passer???? Give me a break.

Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't watch the game but the rules are clear:

If the RB attempted a pass in the direction of a potential receiver, then it is an incomplete pass. Judgment call.

But...

'All fouls committed by offensive team behind the line of scrimmage (except in the end zone) shall be penalized from the previous spot. If the foul is in the end zone, it is a safety.'

If holding was called and occurred in the end zone, what is the reasoning? Was there another foul?

Max

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Max Levine
    Didn't watch the game but the rules are clear:

If the RB attempted a pass in the direction of a potential receiver, then it is an incomplete pass. Judgment call.

But...

'All fouls committed by offensive team behind the line of scrimmage (except in the end zone) shall be penalized from the previous spot. If the foul is in the end zone, it is a safety.'

If holding was called and occurred in the end zone, what is the reasoning? Was there another foul?

Max
    The thing is the RB didn't attempt a pass...he fumbled the ball. The refs really ****ed it up for the Lions yesterday.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad officiating all around the league as Kansas City got screwed on that holding call on 4th and goal. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen at one of the worst times I've seen. Probably will cost the Chiefs the postseason, when in fact, they had that game won.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    Bad officiating all around the league as Kansas City got screwed on that holding call on 4th and goal. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen at one of the worst times I've seen. Probably will cost the Chiefs the postseason, when in fact, they had that game won.
    How exactly was that a bad call? Derrick Johnson dived at Witten and pulled his arm down. It was pretty much blatant, and could not possibly have been missed. The only mistake the officials made was calling the wrong number.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

The Lions will be getting a private apology call from the league I am sure this week.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    How exactly was that a bad call? Derrick Johnson dived at Witten and pulled his arm down. It was pretty much blatant, and could not possibly have been missed. The only mistake the officials made was calling the wrong number.
    They did miss a legitimate holding call on 3rd and goal, when a Cowboys lineman tackled somebody in the backfield. I'm not sure how that was missed.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz

Well, what Johnson did was legal. The ball was in Witten's hand when he pulled his arm down, so it's not holding.

However, I think they called the wrong number, because the linebacker definately held him as he broke into his post pattern.

What I want to know is where the offensive holding was when the OT tackled the DE on the previous play.

Razz

That's what I meant WS. Johnson is the linebacker - #56 I believe.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oops, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    The Lions will be getting a private apology call from the league I am sure this week.
    I wouldn't even answer if I were the Lions.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    So Wrong, That Was a great call. Even the announcers
    were like you thinking it was a bad call, but when the
    replay was showed they and everyone else that watched
    the replay saw that it was the right call. they called the
    wrong jersey # but made a great call. Did you bet
    KC ?