Dylan Lynch
    Dylan Lynch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Is it worth it to sign up for a paid tips service?

There are so many sites out there offering free tips, is it really worth it to pay for access to betting tips?

I understand paying for something like a trading course, but should I pay for tips?

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Posted on 02-21-1321-13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Lynch View Post
    Just wanted to say hi and let you know i'm on board ... big sports fan, prolific sports bettor and gambler in general. I expect we will be of great help to each other. Good luck!
    You were a prolific sports bettor back in 2013, and now 7+ years later you're asking if it's worth ot to pay for access to betting tips? lol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

No it's not worth it.
    Touts are the equivalent of used car dealers.

Touts often will 'sell' you a game and sell somebody else the same game but a different side for instance.
    They pull crap like that all the time.

Ask yourself this, if a tout really knew the outcome of game before it happens why would he want to sell it?

Dylan Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Posted on 02-21-1321-13

You were a prolific sports bettor back in 2013, and now 7+ years later you're asking if it's worth ot to pay for access to betting tips? lol
    I have been through some hard times for the last five years or so, only really started betting again this year after things got better (relatively, was not expecting a pandemic) so I am a bit rusty and need a refresh on things...

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

I have been through some hard times for the last five years or so, only really started betting again this year after things got better (relatively, was not expecting a pandemic) so I am a bit rusty and need a refresh on things...
    Take it easy man.

Nobody is getting right, on the regular, right now

I've made money fading mushes in Players Talk

Magica10
    Magica10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I can help you with that when you do decide that there are certain people worth the price. It depends on a lot but the right people are good to find.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

You're more than a 'bit rusty' if you think paying for fraudulent touts fraudulent plays (in addition to the vig) is a winning formula for sports betting.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Not everyone is a fraud, plenty of good tipsters out there. The only problem is actually placing the bets. Everyone's favorite book seems to be Bet $3.65. And when a top tipster posts a bet the odds often drop from evens to -250.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

NEVER .... Most paid touts are scams (SCAMDICAPPERS) who use sophisticated marketing techniques to hook bettors, and then do whatever it takes to keep those bettors as long as possible. Scamdicappers know that -110 bets are 50/50 propositions (because linemakers are so sharp) so if they can be lucky over a period of time it can look like they are legitimately picking winners, and when they hit losers they will have excuses and sharp reasons why they and you were robbed. Even if you happen to find a tout who is a legitimate capper the fact that you have to pay the vig to the book and a fee for your bets makes it completely impossible to win in the long run. If you want to make money betting sports, becoming a scamdicapper is the best way and it is relatively inexpensive, or buy Draftkings stock. Either bet for fun and expect to lose or do your own research before you bet.

BoL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 09-08-20 at 09:34 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What these Scammers like Phil Steele do is give you a choice of 15-20 services. One or two are bound to hit, so they push those. The truth of the matter is this. These guys (and I know a few of them personally) are is such bad financial straights now that they all have to team up on each other's sites. Jim Feist posts on both Don Best and Mark Lawrence's site. Lawrence post on Best's site. There are at least 20 guys who do this. NONE of them do very well. If these guys really knew what the hell they were talking about, why would they waste so much money on advertising, phones, and employees trying to get you to pay them. Why not take all of that expense money and wager on the game themselves?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    What these Scammers like Phil Steele do is give you a choice of 15-20 services. One or two are bound to hit, so they push those. The truth of the matter is this. These guys (and I know a few of them personally) are is such bad financial straights now that they all have to team up on each other's sites. Jim Feist posts on both Don Best and Mark Lawrence's site. Lawrence post on Best's site. There are at least 20 guys who do this. NONE of them do very well. If these guys really knew what the hell they were talking about, why would they waste so much money on advertising, phones, and employees trying to get you to pay them. Why not take all of that expense money and wager on the game themselves?
    This is true. Reading a Phil Steele magazine is like reading a middle schools kids “favorite sports teams” paper. I bought it one year. He should just go gamble the expenses.

Dylan Lynch

I see, it looks like it is not worth it after all. Or at least it would need a lot of research to find the diamonds between the broken glass...

Maybe it would be better to invest in a trading course to get back into shape.

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

I have never paid for a trading course, so I cant talk about investment, but I translated a few for friends,
    and all I can say is that knowledge is almost always a better investment IMO.

super mario 48
    super mario 48's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 226

Quote Originally Posted by dylan lynch View Post
    there are so many sites out there offering free tips, is it really worth it to pay for access to betting tips?

I understand paying for something like a trading course, but should i pay for tips?
    i hear some people organize among themselves and share picks from pros, you should look at that idea

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

I've been betting on sports for over 30 years. I have come across 2 or 3 touts in all that time that are worth a subscription fee.

If a tout doesn't list every pick and offer a money back guarantee. Do not use them.

98% of handicapping sites are either scams or flat out losing sites.

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

If you follow that Vegas Dave on Twitter, you would think he never misses ! His claims are crazy. If you were that good, why would you sell picks? You could just bet and get rich.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Vegas Dave is a fraud.

vivalisboa
    vivalisboa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Just go to the article section of Bettingresource, and read their article on money management. It is more of a strategy than money management and helps with discipline. The spreadsheet template they have also very good. Just with that, you can do well with your own picks if your are half decent at picking games. If not use their picks too with everything mentioned before. You can thank me later for showing you the way to the golden goose.

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

Plenty of quality free picks in these forums. Never pay for picks, they know less than you

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I used to work for Jim Feist 15 years ago. Every night I feared walking out to my car and some poor customer who was down thousands of dollars might shoot me. Today Feist is selling his picks out of a studio apartment and is near broke. He never was as rich as he claimed.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Why I always respected the people that show their face----some balls! lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by G Anon Dropout View Post
    I used to work for Jim Feist 15 years ago. Every night I feared walking out to my car and some poor customer who was down thousands of dollars might shoot me. Today Feist is selling his picks out of a studio apartment and is near broke. He never was as rich as he claimed.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

dont do it tote are playing with your money,,they get pay dont matter if you win or loose

G Anon Dropout

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Why I always respected the people that show their face----some balls! lol.....
    Only worked there a couple of months. Couldn't look myself in the mirror every morning knowing I was going to sink another desperate gambler. I don't know how touts live with themselves.

Myranda Jones
    Myranda Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Only worked there a couple of months. Couldn't look myself in the mirror every morning knowing I was going to sink another desperate gambler. I don't know how touts live with themselves.
    I agree

Dylan Lynch

Nice to know that at least some people in this industry still have morals.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

but should I pay for tips?
    Noooooo.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

That's a rough business.

I know a guy who used to work for Stu Feiner (or Steve Budin? One of those guys) and according to him, wrote the basic scripts/pitches that touts still use today. Now, this guy is a brutal gold/silver sales guy - the point of that business is essentially to con people into paying exorbitantly more for g/s than it's worth - almost ice cold. But he's told me the story more than once of how they used to business, just crushing gamblers, and the story of guy (wife, family, home) who lost everything to their service. He said the guy had been likable, then desperate and crying and threatening suicide. He said he couldn't do it anymore after that.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

only if it's Nigel Seely- by the way he's on Wolverhampton in EPL Soccer Sunday at 12:30 est

G Anon Dropout

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    That's a rough business.

I know a guy who used to work for Stu Feiner (or Steve Budin? One of those guys) and according to him, wrote the basic scripts/pitches that touts still use today. Now, this guy is a brutal gold/silver sales guy - the point of that business is essentially to con people into paying exorbitantly more for g/s than it's worth - almost ice cold. But he's told me the story more than once of how they used to business, just crushing gamblers, and the story of guy (wife, family, home) who lost everything to their service. He said the guy had been likable, then desperate and crying and threatening suicide. He said he couldn't do it anymore after that.
    Yes, it's all salesmanship. The touts don't even bet the games. They have several levels like executive, inner circle, platinum, totals, island source,etc, so they are always winning on one of those levels and can say to the prospect " we are 8-1 the last two weeks on our platinum games" to try to sell that level while they are losing at the others. Any person who buys 1 level gets hammered with calls to upgrade to other levels.

SimeonCervantes
    SimeonCervantes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

hmmm

I don't think it's worth it. It's rough out there and you might get hurt by scams and other stuff. Just be sure to go the reputable sites so you can have limited chances to get taken advantage of.

Dylan Lynch

It looks like it is not worth it after all...

It looks like it is not worth it after all, better to invest my money somewhere else and look for free tips.

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend some good places to find good free tips?

I mean tips with an actual analysis of the game, stats, etc.

If nothing else they would be good study tools.

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

You can find some good tips like that at bet-ibc's free tips section, they are on vip as well but no analysis there.

Various betting forums have sections designed for sharing predictions as well, but I'm not sure if they are "official" tipster, if such a thing even exists.

Spencerho
    MyBookie Is A Scam
    Spencerho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170