bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

louisville gotta be regrating moving to the big east

from the looks of it they will not make the cut for the conference tourny.

they still have to play UCONN, so it's not looking to promissing at all for them.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah dan, I just don't think they were used to having to come and play every night like they do in the Big East...a big step up from Conference USA...

bigboydan

pags, louisville loss alot of talent last year, and they are a very young team this season. not to mention it doesn't help with padgent being out for the year either.

they should be fine in a few years after they get some more expeience, but there in trouble til then.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's the bigger subject, how many teams does the Big east get in this year?

bigboydan

i can't see more than 9 teams comming out of that coference. there gonna beat each other up perty bad in that big east tourny.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alot of the experts are predicting nine teams. Either way, 8-9 is a ton for one conference.

bigboydan

as strong as that conference is, i just don't see how they can get more than that can you ILL ?

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Big 12 seems prepared to grant them a couple of their usual spots.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Being an avid OU fan I must say BIg 12 sucks. Only 3 teams might make it for sure. Others are long shot. What a joke!!!!

And out the the 3 (KU,OU,UT) only UT is a real contender.

datek23
    datek23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big east in basketball is the best in NCAA BB, too bad everyone toke off running in NCAA football for more money. Wouldn't this be a neat idea, they say BCS is going to change soon and Notre Dame has pressure on going into in a conference obviously it will be the Big Ten. Just Imagine all of these great programs, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and I am sure everyone knows all of them.

datek23
    datek23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame Football in Big Ten conference???

The pressure is on Notre Dame as the years tick on. THey are on the verge of losing a lot of money if they do not merge soon, obviosly one conferece stands out than the all of the rest, The Big Ten. Here is some stories I have collected for people

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/003975.phpNotre Dame

expansion mania strikes again

USA Today is running a story about ND making inquiries to the ACC and Big10 about joining -- story repeated here in the Indianapolis Star. "The school's overtures have taken place in the past few weeks -- after recent conference realignments -- and are considered a serious move toward joining a league for football, according to two officials within the ACC with knowledge of the moves. One official said the school also contacted the Big Ten."

What is precipitating this is the expiration of the BCS contract in '05 and the expiration of ND's TV deal at the same time. I suspect that, if ND can sign a great independent TV deal, then they will stay independent. But given recent results on the field, will they be able to do that? Of course the TV deals are a lot less about results on the field, and a lot more about the ability to sell ads based on a broad and rabid viewership.

Posted by John Ludwig

http://www.nd.edu/~ndmag/w0304/sports.html

Another great article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...07/26/mailbag/

http://www.nd.edu/~observer/09171999/News/0.html