Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Rugby team boycotts game over Pride Uniform

7 of 13 starters for the Manly NRL rugby league team in Australia have refused to play in rainbow jerseys for a crucial match on Thursday.

Most of them are Polynesian background and say its for religious reasons.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...bc4985335f729b

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Why are they ramming this down our throats....pardon the pun.
    Screw who you want without all this fanfair.
    I'm awaiting the Hetro Parade.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Awareness and acceptance. The only way society begins to accept things is by getting it ram down your throat. What if i asked you to hide in the shadows every day? Dont show me the love you have for your wife in public because it sickens me.

Optional

Yeah I am kind of torn on this one.

It's my favorite team and a big match so not happy with the players.

But also agree politics and sport are a bad mix.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Pride movement ruined rainbows.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post

Let's go to a parade when you are in town next

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yeah I am kind of torn on this one.

It's my favorite team and a big match so not happy with the players.

But also agree politics and sport are a bad mix.
    People have no trouble mixing religion with sports though. If you want sports to be sports then i dont want them to thank the mythical creature in the sky everytime something good happens to them either.
    I always think the "i dont wear this for religious reasons" is such a bs excuse. We can segregate one type of person but then on the other hand can i say god bless america shouldnt be played either because it goes against my beliefs that religions are a giant manipulation scheme? No of course not so just put the damn shirt on.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22846

Rainbow was a Covenant that belonged to GOD & his TRUE Believers not to Fairies & Queers FJB & Gayroc

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

It funny how countries dedicate one day a year to remember those who died for their country but an entire month for those who were born ... let's just say NOT STRAIGHT (not to offend any of the alphabet people) and another month for those who were born Black.

Fukking backwards if ya ask me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Awareness and acceptance. The only way society begins to accept things is by getting it ram down your throat. What if i asked you to hide in the shadows every day? Dont show me the love you have for your wife in public because it sickens me.
    lol what a f*g!!!!!!!!!!
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave KiDBaZkiT 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg gave KiDBaZkiT 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit, and Booya711

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

People have no trouble mixing religion with sports though. If you want sports to be sports then i dont want them to thank the mythical creature in the sky everytime something good happens to them either.
    I always think the "i dont wear this for religious reasons" is such a bs excuse. We can segregate one type of person but then on the other hand can i say god bless america shouldnt be played either because it goes against my beliefs that religions are a giant manipulation scheme? No of course not so just put the damn shirt on.
    But that jersey makes them look gay.

Optional

There was a recent high profile court case here where a rugby player won the right to have his religious beliefs over ride the contract he had signed with the club.

And I don't think that is right.

But the argument is they can't write a contract that excludes anyone who's religion objects to any terms.

I don't know the answer.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Remember these people are responsible for the monkey pox epidemic that might be coming all you need to know

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Lol @ not realizing it’s doing the exact opposite

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    lol what a f*g!!!!!!!!!!
    Coming from the guy who has been in prison

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Lol @ not realizing it’s doing the exact opposite
    So you think if no one says anything it would be better? I wonder if people from 1980-2000 would agree with you and say that everything was going much smoother for gay people then

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There was a recent high profile court case here where a rugby player won the right to have his religious beliefs over ride the contract he had signed with the club.

And I don't think that is right.

But the argument is they can't write a contract that excludes anyone who's religion objects to any terms.

I don't know the answer.
    Although i'm not religious I'm fine with it as long as its not hypocritical.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    But that jersey makes them look gay.
    Its just a uniform, plenty of regular low wage workers wear plenty of shitty uniforms every day and deal with it. But i see people crying everyday about the couple times they had to wear a mask so i guess i shouldnt be surprised.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Its just a uniform, plenty of regular low wage workers wear plenty of shitty uniforms every day and deal with it. But i see people crying everyday about the couple times they had to wear a mask so i guess i shouldnt be surprised.
    JuSt WeAr ThE mAsKkKk lol what a bootlicker

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    It funny how countries dedicate one day a year to remember those who died for their country but an entire month for those who were born ... let's just say NOT STRAIGHT (not to offend any of the alphabet people) and another month for those who were born Black.

Fukking backwards if ya ask me.
    Memorial Day
    Veterans Day
    Flag Day
    Armed Forces Day

National Anthem
    Military Discounts
    Paid to serve in the military
    GI Bill
    Comprehensive insurance benefits

I mean I could list a million things that show our country cares about the military. Also not to mention 99 percent of people who serve in the military basically get a blank check of appreciation from everyone.
    Lets not get crazy here and act like a parade and a month which is more by name then anything else is really more then veterans.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

The rainbow crap is a political statement, nothing more and they shouldn't be forced to wear a political statement with which they disagree.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The gay Monkeypox disease scaring everyone and they are forcing straight men to wear gay pride shit.

I'm sorry, but enough is enough already. If you want to be gay, go be gay, but let normal men be normal men and have their dignity.

Kermit

What a weirdo.

The ONLY people that I see showing their "Spouse" love in public are gay men and Lesbians, and they are doing it for attention.

I was at Sheetz last week, and while I was standing in line to checkout, there were 2 flamboyantly gay men standing in line in front of me rubbing each other's lower back and asses. In my 48 years on this planet, I have never seen a straight couple do this.

Go fish.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

Memorial Day
    Veterans Day
    Flag Day
    Armed Forces Day

National Anthem
    Military Discounts
    Paid to serve in the military
    GI Bill
    Comprehensive insurance benefits

I mean I could list a million things that show our country cares about the military. Also not to mention 99 percent of people who serve in the military basically get a blank check of appreciation from everyone.
    Lets not get crazy here and act like a parade and a month which is more by name then anything else is really more then veterans.

you're missing my point. I suspect on purpose. Ok, I will give it to you that you have 4 days out of the year in which its officially recognizing the military. Every June, for an entire month now, their are rainbow everythings everywhere. Nearly every product you buy to every advertisement.

Have the parade but does there have to be naked men walking around while kids are lining the parade route? What does walking around with your junk exposed have to do with being gay or having pride in anything?

I am more of the Morgan Freeman way of thinking when it comes to Black history month....It works for Pride month as well. Just stop talking about it.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 07-25-22 at 09:32 PM.

Kermit

And why in the Hell are we promoting and pushing for something that goes agaisnt the prolonging of the human race?

This is how fukking goofy Lefty Liberals are are, They'll push climate change down your throat because "We have to save the world so humankind can live on" while they also push the gay agenda down your throat which completely goes agaisnt the continuation of the human race to exist.

You fools need to make up your minds.

If you want to be gay, go be gay, just do what us straight people do and shut the fukk up and keep your sexual preferences in the bedroom.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    And why in the Hell are we promoting and pushing for something that goes agaisnt the prolonging of the human race?

This is how fukking goofy Lefty Liberals are are, They'll push climate change down your throat because "We have to save the world so humankind can live on" while they also push the gay agenda down your throat which completely goes agaisnt the continuation of the human race to exist.

You fools need to make up your minds.

If you want to be gay, go be gay, just do what us straight people do and shut the fukk up and keep your sexual preferences in the bedroom.
    I think we are not threatened by extinction from too few people, rather than from too many!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Donning fairie
    shirts for a rugby match...that's surely rich.

If you don't suck cawk nor allow them up your arse why in the hell would you wear such a foolish garment.

Sounds fine for Goduke, so let him prance around the field in whatever rings his bell.

If a man kissing a woman offends him that's a sad confession on his part.

I'm not sure if Goduke is light in the loafers but I know that his boyfriend is.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

its different to be forced to wear or say something than to see or hear someone else say it. many coaches basically tell their players to pray before and/or after a game. do you feel that players should be forced to pray with them since you feel they should be forced to wear clothing that they dont agree with?

i think the argument to be made is that part of their job is to wear advertisements. the rainbow stuff is basically advertising so it doesnt matter if they dont agree with it. im sure plenty of companies make or do things that are against ppls religious beliefs that advertise on sports jerseys. of course players have the right to sit out but they should not be entitled to pay and should be subject to whatever penalties they agreed to in their contracts.

jjgold

Sports has no place for race stuff or sex stuff

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Why can’t homosexuals realize that no race, religion, or sexual orientation is ever going to gain 100% full acceptance? What a bunch of pussies. Quit crying. Why do you need everyone to like you and accept you? It’s not human nature. There are too many people on this planet to expect that you are just going to be accepted for taking a penis inside your hole designed for pooping just cuz some Rugbee player wore your gay little rainbow on his jersey. Get lives. Quit forcing your ass pounding ways into mainstream society, you will never be accepted by everyone and have enough acceptance out there currently that you can stop fukking crying.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit, and DwightShrute

jjgold

I really don’t wanna glorify taking it in the ass it has no place in sports

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I really don’t wanna glorify taking it in the ass it has no place in sports

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Why can’t homosexuals realize that no race, religion, or sexual orientation is ever going to gain 100% full acceptance? What a bunch of pussies. Quit crying. Why do you need everyone to like you and accept you? It’s not human nature. There are too many people on this planet to expect that you are just going to be accepted for taking a penis inside your hole designed for pooping just cuz some Rugbee player wore your gay little rainbow on his jersey. Get lives. Quit forcing your ass pounding ways into mainstream society, you will never be accepted by everyone and have enough acceptance out there currently that you can stop fukking crying.
    Post of the fukking year…me and Baz have had our differences but this post is 100% on point

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18965

Rather that rugby shirt than any of these, (which were all produced by the same team). You've been warned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBD1mIWWwAIXCGv.jpg

https://r4.mt.ru/r9/photoED4A/20134651864-0/jpg/bp.jpeg

https://www.ruck.co.uk/wp-content/up...is_home_SS.jpg

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Manly Sea Eagles +402/+17 vs. Sydney Roosters -753/-17

12 Last