sbcash
    sbcash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

would you prefer mindless hyping of a system that is guaranteed to be -EV in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by pm9964 View Post
    negativity is not needed or necessary man

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Not trying to be condescending or negative, but I want to raise a few red flags for those that are tailing SMT's plays:

1) He isn't posting the price he's getting anymore (meaning he can claim profit whenever it's close without proof)
    2) He is posting games that have already finished (granted, this could be an honest mistake).

Sorry SMT, this system seems like a good angle on the surface, but the amount of juice you lay means if you don't hit at least around 75%, you have a losing night. So an 8-4 record for the night means that, depending on the juice you laid, you could lose money.

I hope you understand that I post this only as a disclaimer for those that are tailing you. Please consider that too.

on your future plays, smt.

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

After making a tidy profit from this, it is time to shut er' down. Time to lay off the juice for a while. If anything I will be doing parlays only. Thanks for all of your input guys.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by spankmythighs View Post
    After making a tidy profit from this, it is time to shut er' down. Time to lay off the juice for a while. If anything I will be doing parlays only. Thanks for all of your input guys.
    No offense but this happens, new to betting? There are no shortcuts, after you find parlays not as profitable and too hard to hit both games enough, you will become even wiser and find that single bets are the way to go. Good luck.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

i still think this has potential. I think playing all the games isn't the way to go though. I think making a couple parlays with 2 or 3 teams could still be profitable.

slay81
    slay81's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think making a couple parlays with 2 or 3 teams could still be profitable.
    I AM WITH YOU ON THAT

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by slay81 View Post
    I think making a couple parlays with 2 or 3 teams could still be profitable.
    I AM WITH YOU ON THAT
    yeah like put your strongest leans in parlays.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

So ur done? Are u still gonna post parlays?

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

for tonight I didn't post this, but will share here:

Rangers/Islanders o4.5 (-240) + leafs/coyotes o4.5 (-350) + nash/wash u6.5 (-225) + bruins/devils o4.5 (-210)

$25 pays $72.09

This has been profitable since I started following spanky's methods.
    Thank you spanky!

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5117

Quote Originally Posted by spankmythighs View Post
    Picks are on their way. Let me clarify something, when I started doing this I was just using the total GF/GA for all of a teams games because their was only a small sample of games. Now that teams have played more home and away games, I am focusing more on what their average is when playing at home or when playing away. It was never really a system as it was just taking advantage of extra points based on averages. Last night for instance we would have been 3-0 by using GFA/GAA and GFH/GAH. With my original system we would have been 2-1 but we were 2-1 anyways. Hope everyone understands.
    Oh and if you don't understand, GFA-goals for away, GAA-goals against away, GFH-goals for home, and GAH-goals against home.

Isn't GFA-Avg goals scored per game, not goals for away. GAA is Avg goals allowed per game, not goals against away.

I've never seen the acronym GFH or GAH.

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    No offense but this happens, new to betting? There are no shortcuts, after you find parlays not as profitable and too hard to hit both games enough, you will become even wiser and find that single bets are the way to go. Good luck.
    I agree that single lines are the way to go. However, with this strategy you have to go PL. Otherwise the ratio to payout becomes to deep at under 6.5 or over 4.5.

Interesting concept none the less, and I'm sure it's been done before. I'm just curious to what it looks like spread out over a season. Also, when you get to an avg of 5.45 do you stay away or go u/o?
    Last edited by sharkbite8; 11-15-11 at 02:15 PM.

thepuru
    thepuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

I hit a couple of small parlays the last couple of days following the system. I'm interested in this system and am very curious to see how it would look like over the remainder of the season.

I've created a spreadsheet that pulls the data from NHL.com, and I have set it up so you choose the two teams and it will automatically give you the value and the prediction (OVER 4.5, UNDER 6.5 etc..)

I know this is not something that will be accurate in the long run but it's got me very curious. If anyone is interested in the spreadsheet let me know, I have it it on Google Docs so it's easy to share.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post

Rangers/Islanders o4.5 (-240) + leafs/coyotes o4.5 (-350) + nash/wash u6.5 (-225) + bruins/devils o4.5 (-210)

$25 pays $72.09

Thank you spanky!

Thank you Spanky again! Ill start posting these more often in my thread. They have been hitting well for me too.
    abundant thanks!

Ryencee
    Ryencee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post

$25 pays $72.09

Thank you spanky!
    Great call and tailed ya! Keep it up

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money

This is what I got for tonight:

Habs/Hurricanes u6.5 (-250) + devils/sabers u6 (-240) + blackhawks/canucks u6.5 (-175) + ducks/kings u6 (-230)

$20 pays $69.43

Coach Potato

u not even posting parlays anymore then?

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cause some of you losers complain about one night when he loses, or try to find someway to bring him down, don't blame him one bit, fking haters

Coach Potato

I hope ur not talking about me.

dima2240
    dima2240's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1845

thanks man.i defenetly will try to do it like that.thanks.

First ... 11121314