indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    I know people are winning their bets and still losing money because of the crazy drop in bitcoin price now
    Congratulations, you have been nominated for the dumbest sentence written in public on any blog in 2017.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Congratulations, you have been nominated for the dumbest sentence written in public on any blog in 2017.
    I think you entirely missed his point. Capitols is referring to guys that play at Bitcoin books such as Nitrogen.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Let me ask this if a person were to win in sports betting 53% of their bets is this truly profitable when you consider the amount of games that end in a push ? What would be the correct winning percentage including pushes to be profitable ?
    This is the dumbest question ever. Winning % means nothing without the odds played. Most american gamblers are brain washed by touts touting fake winning %. Its funny when touts 58% winning rate by playing -130 to -150 lines and claim they are making a killing.

Yield is the number that truly measures a capper.

Another dumb thing about this post is the poster not understand how push works. Assuming you are playing standard -110 odds on all picks, hitting 53% is actually way more profitable if there is more push because push will lower the % of games lost.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=MaddyMax;27095851]This is the dumbest question ever. Winning % means nothing without the odds played. Most american gamblers are brain washed by touts touting fake winning %. Its funny when touts 58% winning rate by playing -130 to -150 lines and claim they are making a killing. A win is a win

Capitols44

Another dumb thing about this post is the poster not understand how push works. Assuming you are playing standard -110 odds on all picks, hitting 53% is actually way more profitable if there is more push because push will lower the % of games lost.[/QUOTE] I guess you dont know the I.R.S. looks at games that end up in a push a little bit differently. A push game that you placed a bet on you would still have to pay taxes on it.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

This is the dumbest question ever. Winning % means nothing without the odds played. Most american gamblers are brain washed by touts touting fake winning %. Its funny when touts 58% winning rate by playing -130 to -150 lines and claim they are making a killing. A win is a win
    If you make 100 X $150 bets at odds of -150 your total stakes will be $15,000. If 58% of those bets win your returns will be 58 X $250. Getting back $14,500 is NOT a win.

MaddyMax

Capitols44 seems lost

jamesjMidwest
    jamesjMidwest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

ATS laying -110 :
    Assume you make 21 wagers @ $10 and go 11-10. You win 110 and lose 110, so you are dead even. 11/21=52.38% to break even.

HOWEVER - if you are varying wager size (chasing or playing "hunches") you will most likely lose unless you are hitting 60% of so. That's why touts advertise that they are hitting "78%" or some ridiculous number, because that's what you have to win if you are betting crazy-like.

If you have a good money management plan and hit 55% to 60% it is like a license to print money.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

Another dumb thing about this post is the poster not understand how push works. Assuming you are playing standard -110 odds on all picks, hitting 53% is actually way more profitable if there is more push because push will lower the % of games lost. I guess you dont know the I.R.S. looks at games that end up in a push a little bit differently. A push game that you placed a bet on you would still have to pay taxes on it.
    Please tell me you don't work for H&R Block. There is no income from a "push" wager, thus no tax owed.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Please tell me you don't work for H&R Block. There is no income from a "push" wager, thus no tax owed.
    tell that to the I.R.S.

CGBatch
    CGBatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5978

tell that to the I.R.S.
    I agree what you're saying is completely possible because many people don't understand the ins and outs of this industry and the returned wager could mistakenly be construed as income, but aren't you only supposed to report net winnings minus losses? Thus a push is nil

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjMidwest View Post
    ATS laying -110 :
    Assume you make 21 wagers @ $10 and go 11-10. You win 110 and lose 110, so you are dead even. 11/21=52.38% to break even.

HOWEVER - if you are varying wager size (chasing or playing "hunches") you will most likely lose unless you are hitting 60% of so. That's why touts advertise that they are hitting "78%" or some ridiculous number, because that's what you have to win if you are betting crazy-like.

If you have a good money management plan and hit 55% to 60% it is like a license to print money.
    James is 100% correct. It is all about money management, assuming you know what you are doing to begin with, which few in here do.

timinator
    timinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

If you are betting hoops and football spreads & totals at -110 odds than 53% is only about break even. Baseball ML's are a completely different story though! I've had many a day hitting only 40 to 49% but still coming out +units ahead. GL

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

ho lee fook

why are threads like this in think tank

I come here to learn not to answer common sense questions

Toples
    Toples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 964

53% will not make you rich fast.
    let say you got 10K and you are betting $100 a game. reduced juice lines
    1000 bets a year (3 a day). you need to win 513 to profit. you win win 530 on average (3350 profit)

But there is about 13% chance you wont make profit. Just plain old luck.

Now if you were to adjust your bet size after every bet, you would win more on average, but also risk to be in - money more times.

On average you would win 5K, but about double the chance of not profiting.

there is a middle road, which i prefer. I set a milestone. so i got 10K and will increase bet size once i reach 10,5K. then 11K and so on. I will also bet less if i lose $500 of course. this will set you numbers somewhere between betting percentage of initial and current bank

MaddyMax

Let me ask this if a person were to win in sports betting 53% of their bets is this truly profitable when you consider the amount of games that end in a push ? What would be the correct winning percentage including pushes to be profitable ?
    Dumbest question ever. Answer depends on the odds you are playing.

But if you are generalizing it to standard -110 odds, then yes it is profitable assuming you bet the same amount in every game. If you get 53% winning % with lots of pushes instead of lossess, its actually way better than having no pushes. Is this even a question? come on guy.

cmh329
    cmh329's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends who you ask. Pro touts will always say yes.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

what did u have at MAth in high school?
    if anything more than D - then next question - do you know what odds are?

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I've never had an issue getting paid from Heritage or 5 Dimes as far as reduced juice books go. And non-USA guys with access to Pinnacle have no worries.
    What type of Debit card or other financial instruments are good to open an account.
    Last edited by Biff41; 12-13-17 at 03:23 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    What type of Debit card or other financial instruments are good to open an account.
    You can use any bank deb card. Just make sure you call your bank to allow International Transactions for 24 hours. Most banks will allow you to do this. Heritage Sports is a great book. Any book you'll have to fill out a CC Authorization Form. Heritage is done within 20 minutes or so. 500 MAX per each transaction.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You can use any bank deb card. Just make sure you call your bank to allow International Transactions for 24 hours. Most banks will allow you to do this. Heritage Sports is a great book. Any book you'll have to fill out a CC Authorization Form. Heritage is done within 20 minutes or so. 500 MAX per each transaction.
    Just use Bitcoin and you could probably skip the authorization process altogether.

Marco30
    Marco30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

53% flatbetting , nope......

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Thanks for info.

First 12