dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Cormier commentating about eye poking

May have been mentioned in another thread, but did anyone see that Craig/Nzechukwu fight?

Listening to Cormier criticize Kennedy's open hands and eye poking was really unbelievable considering that's how he won the belt.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    May have been mentioned in another thread, but did anyone see that Craig/Nzechukwu fight?

Listening to Cormier criticize Kennedy's open hands and eye poking was really unbelievable considering that's how he won the belt.
    Cormier won the belt by an eye poke or by knocking Miocic out?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Cormier won the belt by an eye poke or by knocking Miocic out?
    Not by an eye poke

By multiple eye pokes. Tough to fight well when ur constantly worried about permanent vision damage. After the fight Miocic's face looked like he fought thornbush

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Not by an eye poke

By multiple eye pokes. Tough to fight well when ur constantly worried about permanent vision damage. After the fight Miocic's face looked like he fought thornbush
    If you say so.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    If you say so.
    Agree to disagree

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

wearing mma gloves it happens. DC is the furthest thing from a dirty fighter
    he won against Stipe because Stipe got hit clean , always an excuse for somebody who losses
    Stipe handled that loss almost the same level as Ronda Rousey, lost a ton of respect from me , guys being a fckin baby
    literally couldve already got a win by now and been fighting for the title in the summer, but is just sitting there like an entitled loser after getting the longest HW streak over a ton of washed up older HWS , you got KOD in a round you dont deserve a rematch, get an impressive win and youre back in the hunt .. joke

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    wearing mma gloves it happens. DC is the furthest thing from a dirty fighter
    Wow ur false statement per word typed is impressive there

I think maybe those who won a bet on Cormier that fight might be making excuses

How anyone can see this pic and claim eye poking wasn't a major factor in that fight is beyond me:

dlowilly

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/dani...r-hand-injury/

Cormier admits that his health isn’t 100% heading into a UFC 230 bout against Derrick Lewis as he is still dealing with a hand injury incurred from poking Stipe Miocic repeatedly in the eye.

“It’s not 100 percent, I’m going to be honest. My fist is closing but not all the way. It feels like now I have like a badly jammed finger. Like, it feels like my finger’s just jammed really badly right now.“

--Daniel Cormier

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Jon Jones is a 10th degree black belt master of the art of eye poking!!

I hate it, close your fists and punch rather then looking to push off in the face with your fingers and run..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Jon Jones is indeed well versed in utilizing the 18 limbs of mexican muay thai.

What DC did in his one fight with Stipe could arguably outdo Jon Jones entire finger poke highlight reel though!

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

D.C would eat Miocic alive again!!! Some say Miocic is still laying in the Octagon.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    D.C would eat Miocic alive again!!! Some say Miocic is still laying in the Octagon.
    DC age is creeping up he's 40 today.. Miocic is 36 though himself.. Both are done in this sport soon..

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

didnt even bet DC or really even love him as a fighter, eye pokes didnt win him that fight
    stipe making every excuse in the book and complaining over and over again , literally getting him nowhere ... in his prime and just sitting out a year after getting KOD is laughable

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    didnt even bet DC or really even love him as a fighter, eye pokes didnt win him that fight
    stipe making every excuse in the book and complaining over and over again , literally getting him nowhere ... in his prime and just sitting out a year after getting KOD is laughable
    I'll tell you what happen in that fight.. Stipe came out at a high pace trying to finish DC, hit DC with some stuff but DC has a chin and was still there.. Stipe began to gas. Stipe was winning that fight on points too.. Got caught and slept because he was gassing, starting to hold on but still was trying to be aggressive when being gassed.. That's fighting..

This below in the gif was a sneaky punch but it would have happened sooner or later regardless in my opinion.. Cardio and pace is key in this sport at the top levels.. Chin strength a bonus too especially in the HW division..

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Glad you posted that GIF

At the very start of it you see the tail end of DC thumbing Stipe in the left eye, the same eye that got poked earlier when the ref gave DC a warning. It wasn't so much a sneaky punch as Stipe couldn't see the right hook coming on his left side. I really can't believe anyone who watched that fight can dispute it was Stipe's until he started getting repeatedly poked in the eyes.

Watch this video, especially 3:52 (Three stooges type eye poke) and 5:20 (The eye poke with the thumb just before KO):

Last edited by dlowilly; 04-01-19 at 12:33 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Maybe the eye pokes messed with Stipe perhaps?? I saw him blowing his wad early on and slowing down.. I think DC was gonna pound him out regardless.. Stipe came out guns blazing.. Started breathing hard.. DC paced himself and weathered the early storm..

Fight IQ and pace is big when fighting other dudes with granite chins.. Rumble Johnson was a good example of that, he'd come out trying to blitz DC in their fight, DC weathered it and finished Rumble when he gassed by taking him down and pounding him out..

The way to beat DC is to pace yourself and avoid those take downs.. Win on points.. Stipe might be able to do that if he game planned like that in a rematch..

Jon Jones always beat DC with points round after round.. My take anyways.. Eye pokes SUCK THOUGH!!! Deduct points when they happen absolutely I SAY!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-01-19 at 12:34 AM.

Treppenwitz64
    Treppenwitz64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I wish people were afforded more time after eye pokes and referees were more trigger happy with point deductions.

Still, that fight was DC's IMO. Had an excellent game plan and DC really called his shot when it came to Stipe's vulnerabilities in the clinch.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Wow ur false statement per word typed is impressive there

I think maybe those who won a bet on Cormier that fight might be making excuses

How anyone can see this pic and claim eye poking wasn't a major factor in that fight is beyond me:

Well, don't forget to mention the "cheek poking" as well.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

dlowshitbag still upset about "successful black man beating white man"