UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    What do you think about the Garbrandt KO prop?
    Let's hope TJ goes to sleep..

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Thug Rose scorecards = no action at +337 looks good to me. Rose seems too tough to finish with just strikes, and I don't expect JJ to attempt any submissions here. Seems like a nice freeroll that most likely gets refunded but good odds if Rose somehow gets a finish.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Bisping scorecards = no action at -125 seems like an even bigger freeroll. GSP hasn't finished a fight since 2009 and that was against a natural LW in BJ Penn.

Bisping not a power finisher but has a good shot of catching GSP early or, if the athleticism has left GSP and he's unable to hit the takedowns, later in the fight if GSP tires and gets sloppy (thought of GSP tiring seems odd but if age has gotten to him like it seemed to against Diaz and Hendricks, then very strong possibility). On the flip side, if it's a "classic dominant GSP performance" then Bisping loses by decision and bet is refunded.

UncleChael

Gsp 48-47 x3, Garbrandt by decision or ko, and JJ ITD for me.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Agree...GSP will not end this fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Bisping scorecards = no action at -125 seems like an even bigger freeroll. GSP hasn't finished a fight since 2009 and that was against a natural LW in BJ Penn.

Bisping not a power finisher but has a good shot of catching GSP early or, if the athleticism has left GSP and he's unable to hit the takedowns, later in the fight if GSP tires and gets sloppy (thought of GSP tiring seems odd but if age has gotten to him like it seemed to against Diaz and Hendricks, then very strong possibility). On the flip side, if it's a "classic dominant GSP performance" then Bisping loses by decision and bet is refunded.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Agreed on both of those No Action props turbs.. Rose isn't winning a decision against JJ, Bisping isn't winning a decision against GSP either..

These bets probably stall out though as both fights have a reasonably good chance to go to decision with GSP winning via lay and pray and JJ winning on the cards with a faster striking pace and landing rate round after round..

1059 Bisping (scorecards = no action) -125

1259 Namajunas (scorecards = no action) +320

I also don't think Cody can win a decision against TJ either... Odds are stiff though.. Pass on this..

1160 Garbrandt (scorecards = no action) -250

Masvidal always seems to come up short when his fights go to decision.. Usually knock out or bust... Wonderboy probably out points Masvidal if he doesn't get knocked out.. Masvidal is as tough as they come and extremely hard to finish...

1339 Masvidal (scorecards = no action) +110
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-01-17 at 12:42 PM.

UncleChael

In Uncle Chael we trust. Play James Vick for the main event prelim and thank me later.

PaperTrail07

that could happen IMO....GSP simply vcant finish a fight....Bis could win by round esp if they stand it up a few times...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Agreed on both of those No Action props turbs.. Rose isn't winning a decision against JJ, Bisping isn't winning a decision against GSP either..

These bets probably stall out though as both fights have a reasonably good chance to go to decision with GSP winning via lay and pray and JJ winning on the cards with a faster striking pace and landing rate round after round..

1059 Bisping (scorecards = no action) -125

1259 Namajunas (scorecards = no action) +320

I also don't think Cody can win a decision against TJ either... Odds are stiff though.. Pass on this..

1160 Garbrandt (scorecards = no action) -250

Masvidal always seems to come up short when his fights go to decision.. Usually knock out or bust... Wonderboy probably out points Masvidal if he doesn't get knocked out.. Masvidal is as tough as they come and extremely hard to finish...

1339 Masvidal (scorecards = no action) +110

PaperTrail07

Think you just had it backwards...

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

I like Ramos and Masvidal for my $$$$

Cody is a jerkoff asshole face, I really hope TJ beats him. But it won't be easy to do.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    that could happen IMO....GSP simply vcant finish a fight....Bis could win by round esp if they stand it up a few times...
    GSP has made a career off winning rounds on points.. GSP has the wrestling...

PaperTrail07

a living 5 years ago.....the lay and pray is getting stood up
    GSP has made a career off winning rounds on points.. GSP has the wrestling...

PaperTrail07

They both could win by decision IMO....but I really don't think GSP can finish it....just do see it going down like that
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    They both could win by decision IMO....but I really don't think GSP can finish it....just do see it going down like that
    Maybe Paper, and if the best GSP ever shows up I also thinks he cleans Bis... Now if a rusty, mentally fragile GSP shows up I think Bis can finish GSP on flip and by KO..

5 years is a long time to be out of the Octagon so you just don't know what version of GSP shows up?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA Mania prelims -

155 lbs.: James Vick vs. Joe Duffy

Despite a loss in the semifinals of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 15, James Vick (11-1) got off to a red-hot undefeated (5-0) start in UFC before running headlong into Beneil Dariush at UFC 199. To his credit, he immediately got back on track with consecutive stoppages of Abel Trujillo and Polo Reyes during his 2017 campaign.
    He stands five inches taller than Joe Duffy (16-2) and will have a three-inch reach advantage.
    “Irish” Joe proved didn’t just get lucky against Conor McGregor by stopping his first two UFC opponents in less than five minutes combined. He couldn’t quite handle Dustin Poirier’s power and wrestling, but made mincemeat of Mitch Clarke and Reza Madadi in successive appearances.
    While primarily known as a striker, he has nine wins by form of choke.
    Vick’s length and ground game are enough to trouble a good chunk of the Lightweight division, but Duffy strikes me as a rough match up. The Irishman has terrific head movement and enough power to crack Vick’s chin, plus the ground skills to stay alive if the fight goes south.
    Duffy still needs to prove himself against strong wrestlers, but Vick lacks the takedown skills to keep him on the mat and his defensive lapses look vulnerable to hands honed in professional boxing. Duffy weaves his way inside and blasts Vick with an overhand for the finish.
    Prediction: Duffy via first-round technical knockout

265 lbs.:
    Mark Godbeer vs. Walt Harris

Y’all mind if I just copy-paste what I wrote last time this was booked? Not like a last-second submission loss to Fabricio Werdum on a day’s notice is going to change my opinion of Walt Harris (10-6).
    “The Big Ticket” — after going winless in his first three UFC appearances — seems to have finally found his footing, winning three of his last four bouts. All three victories came by knockout, including a savage combination against Chase Sherman that remains one of the year’s best finishes.
    All 10 of his wins have come by knockout, nine of them in the first round.
    Mark Godbeer (12-3) had a rough go of things in his Octagon debut, which saw him submitted by Justin Ledet to snap a three-fight knockout streak. He had a bit more luck his next time out, boxing up late replacement Daniel Spitz to pick up his first-ever decision victory.
    He will give up three inches of height to the 6’5” Harris, though their reach is identical.
    I’m not entirely sure what UFC is trying to accomplish here. We’ve seen Harris against slower, less-athletic strikers in his last two fights, and their response was to put him against another slow, less-athletic striker.
    I mean, Godbeer’s a damn sight better than Cyril Asker, but he’s still got no clear avenue of victory. Aside from his 25-second loss to Nikita Krylov, Harris’ struggles have come against determined takedown artists and a man in Abdurakhimov who had the skill and patience to potshot him from range. Godbeer is built to go in and mix it up, which plays perfectly into Harris’ hands. If they’re there to be hit, Harris doesn’t need to hit them more than a few times. He scores an emphatic knockout late in the first.
    Prediction: Harris via first-round knockout

205 lbs.: Michal Oleksiejczuk vs.
    Ion Cutelaba

Poland’s Michal Oleksiejczuk (12-2) opened his career 3-2 before turning things around in a major way with a nine-fight win streak. Said streak includes seven knockouts, four of them in the very first round.
    He steps in for the injured Gadzhimurad Antigulov on less than one month’s notice.
    Unlike his in-cage style, Ion Cutelaba (13-3) got off to a slow start in his UFC career, losing two of his first three fights in the Octagon. His last time out, however, he showed off the finishing skills that first got him into UFC by knocking out Luis Henrique da Silva in 22 seconds.
    Seven of his 12 stoppage wins have come in less than one minute.
    Oleksiejczuk has the tools to eventually be a solid fighter. He has legit power in his hands and knows how to work the body, which I love seeing in lefties.
    The big problem? He’s really easy to hit. That is simply not a descriptor you can have against Cutelaba — perhaps the division’s most unrelenting attacker. Worse, Oleksiejczuk got dropped hard his last time out before storming back for the knockout.
    In short, things look grim. Cutelaba’s going to find the mark early and often, walking through whatever the Pole has to offer before overwhelming him with power punches.
    Prediction: Cutelaba via first-round technical knockout

170 lbs.:
    Randy Brown vs. Mickey Gall

Randy Brown (9-2) — the first graduate of Dana White’s “Lookin’ for a Fight” — took a hard-fought decision over Matt Dwyer in his promotional debut before learning that TUF 21 alum Mike Graves was too much, too soon. He steadied the ship with consecutive finishes of Erick Montano and Brian Camozzi, but struggled to shut down Belal Muhammad’s volume and wrestling at UFC 208.
    “Rude Boy” is one inch taller than Mickey Gall (4-0) and will have four inches of reach in both the arms and legs.
    Gall’s UFC career has been nothing if not interesting. After running roughshod over Mike Jackson in his debut, he rudely welcomed C.M. Punk with a first-round submission and then continued his party-pooping ways by dropping and stopping Sage Northcutt.
    All four of his professional wins and one of his two amateur wins have come by rear-naked choke.
    Ordinarily, I’d be all over Brown. The length and experience advantages are significant and Gall’s UFC victories — putting aside the wacky factor — aren’t impressive. The one complication? Gall is good at the one thing Brown struggles with: Takedowns.
    Brown got taken down by Montano, Graves and Muhammad, and I’d wager Gall is at least as competent as Montano in the wrestling department. The rational (read: smallest) part of my brain still wants to pick Brown, but what the hell. Let’s keep this crazy train rolling.
    Prediction: Gall via second-round submission

265 lbs.: Aleksei Oleinik vs. Curtis Blaydes
    Aleksei Oleinik (55-10-1) spent nearly 18 years as a professional before joining UFC in 2014, racking up a pair of first-round finishes in his first two appearances. After a long layoff, his cardio failed him against Daniel Omielanczuk, but impressive submissions of Viktor Pesta and Travis Browne showed he’s still got it.
    He owns a staggering 45 wins by submission.
    Curtis Blaydes (7-1) entered UFC as a top prospect, but came up short against fellow blue-chipper Francis Ngannou in his promotional debut. He bounced back strong with dominant wins over Cody East, Adam Milstead and the aforementioned Omielanczuk, although a failed test for marijuana turned the Milstead win into a “No Contest.”
    Going by their recent weigh-ins, he should have about 20 pounds on Oleinik.
    Oleinik is 14 years older than Blaydes and has almost eight times as many professional fights — it’s kind of staggering. Blaydes has every conceivable advantage here, including heavier hands, better wrestling, more strength and speed. Oleinik’s proven that he can catch anyone, but there’s only so many times you can surprise people before they wise up to it. He’s not taking down Blaydes and — while he does have deceptive pop in his hands — he’s unlikely to dent a guy Francis Ngannou couldn’t stop. Blaydes wears him down at range and in the clinch before ultimately pounding him out.
    Prediction: Blaydes via second-round technical knockout

205 lbs.:
    Ovince Saint Preuxvs. Corey Anderson

It’s been quite a ride for Ovince Saint Preux (21-10) in recent years. After snapping a three-fight losing streak with a submission of Marcos Rogerio de Lima, Saint Preux signed on to face “Shogun” Rua in Japan, only to wind up fighting Yushin Okami on short notice and submitting him as well.
    “OSP” replaces Patrick Cummins, who is currently dealing with a “mutant” staph infection, on short notice.
    The man currently known as “Overtime,” Corey Anderson (9-3), put his knockout loss to Gian Villante behind him with four wins in his next five fights, the sole loss a controversial split decision to “Shogun” Rua. This set up a main event in London against Jimi Manuwa, who shrugged off the The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) winner’s takedowns before sleeping him with a left hook.
    This will be his tenth UFC fight since joining the organization in 2014.
    Saint Preux is as talented as he is ruinously frustrating to follow. Straighten up his punches, fine-tune his wrestling, knock some fight IQ into that dome, and you’ve got a legit title contender. As is, you’ve got an athletic monster with flashes of brilliance.
    However, that might just be enough against Anderson.
    Durability issues and underdeveloped striking continue to plague Anderson, who’s a legitimate beast from top position, but can’t currently disguise his takedowns well enough to bring that skill to bear against top opposition. Expect something along the lines of Saint Preux vs. Cummins as “OSP” shuts down Anderson’s shots before lamping him with a counter.
    Prediction: Saint Preux via first-round technical knockout

135 lbs.:
    Aiemann Zahabi vs. Ricardo Ramos

Aiemann Zahabi (7-0) — younger brother of famed trainer Firas Zahabi — didn’t just skate by on his family name, stopping each of his first six professional opponents in the first round. He joined UFC in February and debuted against TUF: “Brazil” 4 winner Reginaldo Vieira, against whom Zahabi had to settle for a competitive decision win.
    His stoppage wins are split evenly between knockouts and submissions.
    Despite a submission loss to Manny Vazquez in his Legacy FC title bid, Ricardo Ramos (10-1) impressed Dana White enough his next time out to earn a contract. He took on Japanese grinder Michinori Tanaka in his Houston debut and scored an early knockdown on his way to a decision victory.
    Ramos has finished eight professional foes, seven in the first round.
    I still think Michinori Tanaka had the tools to beat Ramos. Zahabi may not be that level of grinder, but he’s a lot smarter in the cage and has a more complete striking game, not to mention the takedown defense to force Ramos to trade with him.
    While Ramos can likely finish the fight if he gets into top position, Zahabi’s unlikely to let him get there and — despite the reach disadvantage — should control the striking on his way to a decision victory.
    Prediction: Zahabi via unanimous decision

Current UFC "Prelims" Prediction Record for 2017: 124-71-1 (1 NC)

PaperTrail07

Agree....but hard to imagine a guy shows back up in top top form..
    Maybe Paper, and if the best GSP ever shows up I also thinks he cleans Bis... Now if a rusty, mentally fragile GSP shows up I think Bis can finish GSP on flip and by KO..

5 years is a long time to be out of the Octagon so you just don't know what version of GSP shows up?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kinda liking Cory Anderson as the dog against OSP.. OSP hasn't looked very good at all lately.. Cory could grapple fock him in this fight and win by decision maybe...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Corey-Anderson-171723

2007 Anderson wins by 3 round decision +220

UFC 217 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Madison Square Garden - New York, New York - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 11/4 2001 Corey Anderson +140 o1½ -175
    7:00PM 2002 Ovince Saint Preux -160 u1½ +155

On the flip OSP ITD is a strong possibility though.. KO or Sub... OSP's last 2 wins have come by way of sub.. Okami fight was joke though and I don't even count that..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ovince-St-Preux-38842

2009 Saint Preux wins inside distance -105
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-01-17 at 02:21 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

It would be Anderson's biggest win of his career...that's for sure...

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Where does the MMA mania write up see takedown defense in Zahabi? He fought trash competition prior to UFC and was taken down multiple times, including getting picked up off his feet in the 3rd round when Vieira was tired. Maybe they're seeing that Vieira had trouble securing the takedowns once on the ground, and Zahabi got up, but do they think that if Ramos puts him on his back he will get up as easily? I doubt it. If Ramos lands those takedowns he secures them. Other than very low volume counter striking, I don't see much other than a name to Zahabi.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Anyone seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UihA664I4-g

Seriously, all pre-fight interviews with JH is golden. Here is he once again acting so weird i just cant believe it.

After seing this vid everyone who hasnt laid a bet on Paulo Borr. should.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

And read the comment section, people are hilarious!!!

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Anyone seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UihA664I4-g

Seriously, all pre-fight interviews with JH is golden. Here is he once again acting so weird i just cant believe it.

After seing this vid everyone who hasnt laid a bet on Paulo Borr. should.
    All that sniffing it seems maybe he's been hitting the booger suger with Jones out there. Not sure this means anything for the fight. Hendricks is just a weird dude. I'm in on Borrachinha but this doesn't change my opinion one way or the other. Hendricks is always a bit of a wild card.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Where does the MMA mania write up see takedown defense in Zahabi? He fought trash competition prior to UFC and was taken down multiple times, including getting picked up off his feet in the 3rd round when Vieira was tired. Maybe they're seeing that Vieira had trouble securing the takedowns once on the ground, and Zahabi got up, but do they think that if Ramos puts him on his back he will get up as easily? I doubt it. If Ramos lands those takedowns he secures them. Other than very low volume counter striking, I don't see much other than a name to Zahabi.
    I put down 1u on Ramos Sub (+280).

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Again no way i think OSP wins a decision against the wrestler Cory Anderson.. Damn shame the odds weren't better for this..

2040 Saint Preux (scorecards = no action) -400

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I haven't capped this fight yet.. Will weigh in a few days Shag.. The MMA Mania write ups are sometimes off.. I often pick against what Patrick is saying.. Still I like the short info write ups for basic factual information...

He does have a pretty good pick record as shown at the bottom of the post.. So more time then not these write ups are spot on.. That's why I copy and paste on SBR with every event.. If it works it works...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Jibby, I'm liking Anderson DEC at +245 now even more as well as Masvidal NO CARDS at +150 now. Just broke this fight down and I don't see how Mas gets knocked out by Wonderboy here. I think Mas could catch him as he was dropped by Woodley in both title fights. Probably a push but oh well. The -225 on the OVER 2.5 sounds like a decent parlay piece as well. Thinking TJ +5.5 at -140 sounds good too. I just don't buy Garbrandt and people underestimate TJ. The guy has only lost a round to Cruz in his last 7 fights dating back to the first fight with Asuncao. That list includes Renan Barao TWICE, John Lineker, and Asuncao in the rematch.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Could Bisping possibly do this to GSP?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Or do we see this from GSP?

GSP can ground anyone don't forget, even strong wrestlers GSP grounded in the past with ease...

Old Bisping stands no chance on keeping this fight standing if the real GSP shows up.. GSP to athletic!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-01-17 at 11:33 PM.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

gifs of GSP from 7 years ago and 2 torn acl laters... completely different fighter

mma moves at the speed of light, if he doesnt adapt and comes in like his old self he will not win this fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    gifs of GSP from 7 years ago and 2 torn acl laters... completely different fighter

mma moves at the speed of light, if he doesnt adapt and comes in like his old self he will not win this fight
    GSP moving up in weight too.. He always fought at welter weight and enjoyed being the larger fighter. Might not be the case against Bisping in his return to the Octagon after a very LONG layoff....

Bisping looks bigger in comparison now from what I've seen.. This fight is tricky.. I still think it's either Bisping ITD or GSP by Decision...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-02-17 at 12:19 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

GSP UD/Bisping KO seem like the two most likely outcomes to me.

Hugo de Naranja

Was watching some old GSP fights and just thought of a fun nickname for Matt Serra. Matt "The Buster Douglas of MMA" Serra. For those who don't know, Buster Douglas was the guy who beat Mike Tyson but failed to have success against elite competition following the career-defining win.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

GSP UD/Bisping KO seem like the two most likely outcomes to me.
    Agreed, just looking at Bispings record he finds ways to win fights by decision lately though.. That has me wondering a bit... Bisping won 4 of his last 5 fights by decision.. Tricky fight like I said to cap...

If it does go the distance you gotta think the refs would lean GSP maybe as he's a legend and huge draw.. I don't think there will be an advantage for Bisping this go around with the judging score cards anyways.. This isn't going down in the UK either..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-02-17 at 12:27 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Agreed, just looking at Bispings record he finds ways to win fights by decision lately though.. That has me wondering a bit... Bisping won 4 of his last 5 fights by decision.. Tricky fight like I said to cap...

If it does go the distance you gotta think the refs would lean GSP maybe as he's a legend and huge draw.. I don't think there will be an advantage for Bisping this go around with the judging score cards anyways.. This isn't going down in the UK either..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Bisping-10196
    Fair point about UK. That was actually a reason I bet Bisping Decision when he fought Silva and Hendo. Thought fights would be close and British judges would help him out.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fair point about UK. That was actually a reason I bet Bisping Decision when he fought Silva and Hendo. Thought fights would be close and British judges would help him out.
    Exactly, I thought the same regarding Bisping.. That's why I said this fight isn't going down in the UK...

Still hard to get a grip on GSP who has been out for so long on the flip...

First 123456 ... Last