This would be interesting if it happens.

Floyd Mayweather may not be willing to step into the octagon with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk, but it seems there’s a boxer who is.

IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron says he’ll step up after his July 14 bout against Walter Matthysse in Atlantic City. Cintron, who is 27-1 with 25 KOs, is not only a boxer, but a former wrestler, and apparently thinks he has a chance against Sherk.

"I want the fight," said Cintron. "I can wrestle. I can box. I can beat those UFC fighters at their own game. Tell Mr. White to make me an offer and I'll take on his guy after I fight Matthysse on July 14."

Sean Sherk, though, says the potential fight doesn’t hold his interest.

"Honestly, I've never heard of Kermit Cintron. One of the MMA websites called me and said he wanted to fight me and that was the first time I heard his name,” said Sherk. "The Mayweather fight was one thing, but I'm not sure a fight with Cintron makes sense.”

Sherk went on to say, “Mayweather is a household name and a fight between me and him would have done millions of buys and would have gotten a ton of attention. It might have been the biggest selling show ever. But someone like Kermit Cintron? I have nothing against the guy, but I don't know if he'd sell any tickets. I don't think the UFC would see any value in it. I'll fight whoever they tell me to fight, but without the guy having a recognized name, I'm not sure it is a smart fight to make."

However, Sherk said that generally, he’d like to fight a boxer, as they don’t have the training a UFC fighter needs.

"In traditional boxing, all you have to worry about is punches. Given that, a boxer’s footwork is different, his stance is different, his shoulder direction is different and he squares up differently," Sherk said. "In MMA, you have to worry about punches, kicks, knees, takedowns and a lot of things a boxer doesn’t think about. If I saw someone in a boxing stance, right away, I'd know it was a good thing for me, because his foot placement is so wrong.”