The Premier League is back this weekend after the international break for the 2022 WC Qualifiers. That means that the EPL odds are now available so read on for this week’s Matchday 4 betting tips, football analysis and free betting advice.
Southampton vs. West Ham
Saturday, September 11, 2021 – 10:00 AM EDT at St. Mary’s Stadium
Form, Mentality, Premier League Odds and Trends
- Southampton's previous 24 EPL fixtures have been met with a mere four wins.
- West Ham is undefeated versus Southampton in their last seven EPL meetings.
- West Ham's previous six EPL away games have seen both teams score.
- West Ham has conceded an average of 1+ goals in their last eight away EPL games.
- Southampton has allowed one or more goals in their last 14 EPL fixtures.
- Southampton concedes an average of 2.00 goals in the EPL.
West Ham Are the Stronger Squad
A high scoring is expected this weekend at the St. Mary's stadium, but the stronger outfit in West Ham should squeeze the three points from a questionable Saint's squad.
David Moyes fell short of a perfect record during matchday thee when his team was held to a 2-2 draw in a London derby against Crystal Palace. With that said, the Hammers remain in 2nd position of the Premier League, owning seven points and an impressive 10-goals scored.
The Saints drew with Newcastle, but they tore apart their leaky defense when West Ham met Newcastle and walked away with a 4-2 victory. Some would believe that Southampton's 1-1 draw against Manchester United was an impressive result, but it was nothing more than luck and an own goal that provided that result.
Premier League Betting Tips
Shifting four goals away from home versus Newcastle and another four against a strong side in Leicester City should give West Ham backers confidence this weekend.
Southampton has conceded six goals during their first three EPL outings this term; in contrast, their opponents this Saturday have scored ten.
While both defenses are still figuring things out, a high-scoring tally could be on the cards.
Southampton vs. West Ham Score Prediction: Southampton 2 – West Ham 3
Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham
Saturday, September 11, 2021 - 07:30 AM EDT at Selhurst Park
Form, mentality, Premier League odds and trends
- Tottenham is undefeated and has yet to concede a goal during the 2021/22 EPL term.
- Tottenham is undefeated in their previous 12 meetings with Crystal Palace.
- Tottenham has won their last four EPL fixtures.
- Crystal Palace has won just one of their previous eight games in all competitions.
- Crystal Palace averages 0.50 goals in all competitions.
- Tottenham have won at HT/FT in their three most recent matches.
- Under 2.5 goals has landed in Tottenham's previous six visits to Selhurst Park.
- Tottenham conceded an average of 0.20 goals in all competitions.
Low Scoring London Derby
It's been a perfect start for Tottenham during their hunt for EPL silverware; an impressive three fixtures with three wins positions them in first-place. In addition, they've already defeated the defending champions Manchester City and no team has been able to score past Hugo Lloris.
For Crystal Palace, they've yet to win a game under new manager Patrick Viera, sitting in 14th place.
This rough streak has continued from last season, as Palace possesses just one win from their previous eight Premier League fixtures.
Premier League Betting Tips
Nuno Espirito Santos is performing on the opposite scale to his opposing manager this weekend. A defensively sound attitude has delivered three 1-0 victories to open Spurs season, and we expect a similar result Saturday morning.
Star striker Harry Kane is committed to the North London side for at least another season, and with a flawless record against Palace in recent years, another three points should come easy.
Bookmakers are offering a generous price on a Tottenham straight win, making this soccer pick a simple choice.
Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham United Score Prediction: Crystal Palace 0 – Tottenham 1
Soccer Pick: Tottenham to Win ML (-110) at Intertops
*The pick reflects the line at the moment the writer made the play, the odds at the beginning of this article show the live line movement. Since the lines might vary, don’t forget to refer back to our live odds.