ourbet
    ourbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Web site for Live Tennis action

Is there an alternative to Livescore (http://www.livescore.net) when following tennis matches please? As I write I am trying to keep tabs on the Svetlana Kuznetsova/Ana Ivanovic play and Livescore’s data is 3 whole games behind the best alternative I can find at short notice; that being Betoto’s (http://www.betoto.com) ‘Live Play’ Java application.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i always use livescores or the offical website of the tourny. now that i have the tennis channel, i usually just watch the scores on there

ourbet

FYI...I just had probably my worst experience of Livescore to date. I was following the Leyton Hewitt/Philipp Kohlschreiber match in Adelaide. It just updated 3 times; once to show that Kohlschreiber had won the first set (6-3), twice to show that Hewitt had leveled the match (6-0) then the final update (6-3, 0-6, 7-5) to show that Kohlschreiber had taken the match.

I was desperately trying to find a Web site (not even Betoto could help me this time, nor the official tourney site) that was webcasting the score live, but I just couldn’t see anything.
    Last edited by ourbet; 01-05-06 at 07:20 AM.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I always have WTAworld or menstennisforums open when I have money on a tennis match, go into the specific tourney's OOP (Order of Play) Thread and there is usually somebody who has the match on locally who is giving point by point updates. You can also sift through the Betfair forums for the same info sometimes. I think these are your best options if you do not have the Tennis Channel.

ourbet

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    You can sift through the Betfair forums for info sometimes.
    Great advice OWNED. I just popped onto Betfair’s forum (which truly is a mine of useful information) where there were people relaying messages from telephone conversations regarding the Adelaide tourney.
    Your other advice (about checking out WTAworld or menstennisforums) is sound too and much appreciated. Thank you!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i always use livescores or the offical website of the tourny. now that i have the tennis channel, i usually just watch the scores on there
    What's that link you sent me through msn awhile back dan?