wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

Raducanu will be the new face of women's sports, not Osaka

It will only be a matter of time before this young lady will replace Osaka as the face for women's sports. She's got the game and the looks. We'll finally get someone hot for a change instead of looking at unstable Osaka's dumb face and crying every 5 seconds she's being interviewed.

Major sports companies are already knocking down her door now. Within 3 years, she will be the new face of women's sports, mark my words.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

shelby played awful thats what happens when u beat someone who's beaten u 4 times already this year. she placed a lot of value and emotion on the barty win and was hungover. raducanu just doesnt beat herself she's consistent on the ground and gets the ball back in play therefore u have to move her she's not as good then someone like bencic should be able to dispatch of her but its the mental thats gonna determine if she does if she takes her lightly then anything can happen. raducanu's ground strokes are not that great either forehand and backhand isnt really special but she moves well and as said is just consistent on the ground when she has her feet under her

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    shelby played awful thats what happens when u beat someone who's beaten u 4 times already this year. she placed a lot of value and emotion on the barty win and was hungover. raducanu just doesnt beat herself she's consistent on the ground and gets the ball back in play therefore u have to move her she's not as good then someone like bencic should be able to dispatch of her but its the mental thats gonna determine if she does if she takes her lightly then anything can happen. raducanu's ground strokes are not that great either forehand and backhand isnt really special but she moves well and as said is just consistent on the ground when she has her feet under her
    I disagree, her ground strokes are rock solid, especially her forehand. She's been dominating on her forehand. I can see her in the top 20 within a year. Aside from her skills, a total package with her looks. Like the way she talks as well in her interviews. Converses well beyond her years and not like some dumb teenage kid.

jtoler

you said face of tennis though that means winning majors and she's a long way from that. all her groundstrokes have are a little pace and deep but thats when she has all day to hit the ball otherwise she doesnt knock an opponent off the court with angles. youll see when bencic mops the floor with her youll see the difference

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

you said face of tennis though that means winning majors and she's a long way from that. all her groundstrokes have are a little pace and deep but thats when she has all day to hit the ball otherwise she doesnt knock an opponent off the court with angles. youll see when bencic mops the floor with her youll see the difference
    I said "the face of women's sports" which means you got to have the looks as well. She's also barely turned 18 and has accomplished more at a major then Bencic at that age. She's only going to get better in the next two years.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Also had a good run at Wimbledon earlier this year as well.

jtoler

Im not taking anything away from her just accessing what I feel like I see her strong points are thus far and that is consistent groundstrokes with pace and moves well but nothing particularly special about forehand and backhand I dont see the racket talent of elite forehand and backhand thus far. Im telling u if bencic plays first strike tennis meaning aggressive then she wins in 2 sets and it will look fairly easy but if bencic doesnt move her then she will have a much longer day. players play dumb and dont play the same way every match. look at alcaraz last match he should have lost but gojo fell apart, alcaraz didnt play well really and surely it was because of coming off of the big win against tsit where all of a sudden he's getting the massive attention same with shelby here. Id make a point bet but we'd be trading 2 a day endlessly for a while

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Again, she's only 18 dude. You're trying to break down her game as if she's been on tour for 5 years lol. There's definitely something there for her to make this deep of a run in two majors now and the skills will only get better in the next two years.

jtoler

this looks over bencic tight and not serving well and need to make really good shots because rad's athleticism is too much right now.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

this looks over bencic tight and not serving well and need to make really good shots because rad's athleticism is too much right now.
    told you man, this young lady is the real deal.... about to make history if she wins this match to become the first person ever in tennis to make it to semifinals of a slam being a qualifier

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Add her to the top 10 list of most beautiful women in tennis....gorgeous face.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    told you man, this young lady is the real deal.... about to make history if she wins this match to become the first person ever in tennis to make it to semifinals of a slam being a qualifier
    she's better than I thought but u cant rule out bencic's play mostly her 1st serve cant really beat anyone living off of 2nd serves

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

yeah but she looks like that only in that photo. Bencic was mental hitting all balls long and aside. Didn't see how Sakkari played though. Wait for Raducanu to meet some 100-200 ranked ladies you'll see the true face of tennis. As junior in Wimbledon she only won a game against someone like Swiatek. Sure there's 18 months of age difference. We still haven't seen a clay match of Ms Răducanu. Good luck to her but WTA is a circus and its face is that of a clown like that American tour boss said and got Serena pumped because she always thought of herself as the manliest woman in tennis

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by innn View Post
    Wait for Raducanu to meet some 100-200 ranked ladies you'll see the true face of tennis.
    You make no sense dude. She's a qualifier, she's been playing 100 to 200 ranked players all her life getting up to this point.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Was wondering why Raducanu was -179 against Leylah. Some of what I read from you guys here explains that a bit.

Why in the hell is Raducanu only ranked 150???

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10360

Fernandez best the better quality players. I would not count her out today. William hill has Radu +320 to win in 3 sets. Fernan + 400 to win in 3 sets. I bet them both. Hopefully neither wins in only 2 sets. That just does not seem feasible for some reason. .

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

it just took me 37 seconds for this one wow

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    Fernandez best the better quality players. I would not count her out today. William hill has Radu +320 to win in 3 sets. Fernan + 400 to win in 3 sets. I bet them both. Hopefully neither wins in only 2 sets. That just does not seem feasible for some reason. .
    Considering that Fernandez isn't a UE machine, the 3-set win either way are good value bets.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't forget, Raducanu has been dominant throughout this entire tournament, punishing all of her opponents and yet to drop a set even against Bencic and Sakkari which is quite impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another straight set by Rad.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10360

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Considering that Fernandez isn't a UE machine, the 3-set win either way are good value bets.

I thought so.. Radu had her beat pretty much all the way. When Leyla broke her in the second set and Radu came right back and broke Leyla, the writing was on the wall.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

This young lady's world is about to change.... superstar incoming.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Shes gonna be worth 100 million or more in no time.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

She could become a billionaire before she turns 25.

jtoler

she's looked a shell of that us open form looks like a totally different person what happened