Nick_U
    Nick_U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Why do tennis players yell CMONNNNN when they make a point?

Seems like a weird cheer. Are they talking to themselves to come on? I dont get it. It actually makes me cringe, I find it so cheesy lol

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I'm cringing at this post, its been a thing in tennis for 20+ years. It's one of the few accepted ways to celebrate a point. The cool thing about it is that tennis is a very diverse sport, ethnicity wise and almost everyone celebrates that way, even if they can barely speak english.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

This is not NBA, where f-bombs are allowed. What should they yell then ? "Oh, yeah, das ist fantastisch" ?

Nick_U

How about "yes" or "yeah"? Why come on? Lol

Pick9
    Pick9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4015

it would be much cooler if they shouted "i own ya, bitch" , but they would get fined for that i believe

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

Hewitt started it I think. And Federer started the trend of all the other players saying it.

It's pretty common phrase in Australia but not sure what it really means either. But next time you are playing a sport try yelling it at yourself and see how well it fires you up.

Nick_U

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Hewitt started it I think. And Federer started the trend of all the other players saying it.

It's pretty common phrase in Australia but not sure what it really means either. But next time you are playing a sport try yelling it at yourself and see how well it fires you up.
    Alright I'm gonna try it