Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

$300 on Simon to beat Isner (+100 Odds)

This price to me seems favorable. Simon is way better than Isner. This is my first bet of the open. Should be a good match, but Simon will wear Isner down from the baseline. His consistency will bother the gump.

$300 to win $300 on Simon for tomorrow, Tuesday 9/6

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I may have to counter with $300 on Isner...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Slight edge to Isner for me. Isner is the superior tie break player and that is what this is likely going to come down to at some point in the match. Expecting at least two tie breaks in a 4-5 set match. Isner's serve will also equalize a lot for him. I doubt Isner engages Simon in a ton of long rallies. He'll give up and just do his usual power serve through the set and try to win in a tie break. Isner's serve will be the biggest Simon has seen. Del Potro did not use his serve very effectively yesterday and no one wins more cheap points off-serve than Big John.

EaglesPhan36

By the way, if they get much of anything in tomorrow it will be surprising. Rain that missed today supposed to soak the Open the next two days perhaps.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

One problem for Simon is that he plays so defensively. He damn near let Del Potro right back in the match. Hard to bet on players that do that shit. It's gonna come back to bite him in the ass sometime.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i think the only play is the over

Theboy1dur
    Theboy1dur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I may have to counter with $300 on Isner...

Your units are $5 . So your gonna bet 60 units on a game? When some of your bets are 1 units. And you've been doing this for 4 years?

I don't mean to bash you in all honesty, i think I speak for many in this tennis forum, but where are you from? You say your American and born in the US. I'm just curious why your English grammar is the way it is.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Theboy1dur View Post
    Your units are $5 . So your gonna bet 60 units on a game? When some of your bets are 1 units. And you've been doing this for 4 years? I don't mean to bash you in all honesty, i think I speak for many in this tennis forum, but where are you from? You say your American and born in the US. I'm just curious why your English grammar is the way it is.
    Ya I think it's safer to not bet a lot of money because you can lose your whole bankroll. I only use around a 15000 bankroll. I just really don't like betting hundreds usually. My units are $5. Works well for me. Ya I have been doing this for 4 years now and has worked well for me. Everyone uses there own strategy, you just need to find one that works for you.

I have lived in Utah all my life, I speak English and that's how I speak on forums... I'm not writing a paper so it does not need to be perfect.

Theboy1dur
    Theboy1dur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah. That explains it then. BTW, It's not just your grammar, but your comprehension. I made the comment, referring to your post about making a counter bet for $300 on Isner. Which in your terms, would constitute 60 units. So I guess that was a joke post then. In any case. Your grammatical skills are a curious case. Your 15000 bankroll means what? Units or Dollars? If it's dollars or units. I dunno wtf is going on. You either have 15k, or 3k... and if you have 3k .. and your betting $5 units. I think you can get better interest rates on a cd. Why even have 3k in a gambling account, if your going to bet $5 a unit.

How old are you? Why is everything so confusing with you, lol.

EaglesPhan36

One other thing to consider here to is that if Del Potro wasn't the opponent last match, I think Simon would undoubtedly have been the dog for this match on this surface. Books giving him props for beating DelPo, probably about 30 cents difference in my opinion.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Utah. That explains it then. BTW, It's not just your grammar, but your comprehension. I made the comment, referring to your post about making a counter bet for $300 on Isner. Which in your terms, would constitute 60 units. So I guess that was a joke post then. In any case. Your grammatical skills are a curious case. Your 15000 bankroll means what? Units or Dollars? If it's dollars or units. I dunno wtf is going on. You either have 15k, or 3k... and if you have 3k .. and your betting $5 units. I think you can get better interest rates on a cd. Why even have 3k in a gambling account, if your going to bet $5 a unit.

How old are you? Why is everything so confusing with you, lol.

because it is 99% BS

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    One other thing to consider here to is that if Del Potro wasn't the opponent last match, I think Simon would undoubtedly have been the dog for this match on this surface. Books giving him props for beating DelPo, probably about 30 cents difference in my opinion.
    yeah it is for sure. but DelPotro played good in that match- and Isner will not play as well as Del Potro did, no way. The look that I saw in Simon's eyes. I knew Del Potro was finished. Simon has that killer instinct that Isner does not.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Isners returns are horrible but he protects his own serve very, very well.

apeterlives
    apeterlives's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

online weather reads 90 percent chance of rain from 2am--8pm .... not looking good unless weathermen are off their mark, would suck to have money held up for a day or so, or to lose a match on bad conditions... we'll see... personally I think if the game is played john will take it (as much as I like simon if john serves well he won't be able to keep up.. recently he had troubles against karlovic's serve, can see a similar match here, plus assuming they play and the court is wet the ball will madly skip around)

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I lean Isner.

Demonata

Utah. That explains it then. BTW, It's not just your grammar, but your comprehension. I made the comment, referring to your post about making a counter bet for $300 on Isner. Which in your terms, would constitute 60 units. So I guess that was a joke post then. In any case. Your grammatical skills are a curious case. Your 15000 bankroll means what? Units or Dollars? If it's dollars or units. I dunno wtf is going on. You either have 15k, or 3k... and if you have 3k .. and your betting $5 units. I think you can get better interest rates on a cd. Why even have 3k in a gambling account, if your going to bet $5 a unit. How old are you? Why is everything so confusing with you, lol.
    Ok I don't want to waist my time explaining myself. So first off what does living in utah have to do with anything? I don't see what the big deal is for me jokingly saying I'll put $300 in Isner? Also about my grammar why should you worry about it? Is my grammar that important to you that you have to waist even a milisecond on it? Imagine how many users on this forum have misspelled things. Who the hell cares? My bankroll is my bankroll. Don't see why I would need to explain something that simple. Also I bet lots of tennis,NFL,College, International basketball, UFC. I enjoy a lot of sports. If I were to bet a ton of money on every bet I do I would go broke. Every now and then I bet a lot. Don't see what you are confused about? People use there own strategies when betting. How about you post your betting history as a screenshot and I will post mine and we could compare and I could prove to you that my strategy works.

Can't believe I waisted time responding to a trolls message on a forum but I had to clarify if you are trying to make sense or just acting stupid.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskan View Post
    because it is 99% BS
    Another useless post by Gaskan. I knew I removed you from my ignore list too soon. You made a dumb post as usual.

Demonata

Ok back on topic. Isner better win this and help represent USA. End of Story.Also If donald won and Roddick it would be a perfect day.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Ok back on topic. Isner better win this and help represent USA. End of Story.Also If donald won and Roddick it would be a perfect day.
    That's not going to happen. US players suck.

Isner will not beat Simon with windy conditions

jdrb
    jdrb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

Once all three American players are out tomorrow, we can finally get some real tennis being played.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

"waist my time " , WTF? also "your going to bet" ?
    sorry guys but I am neither american nor from any other english-speaking region but I stand in awe of your grammar disputes you're having in a sports betting forum (where your is living a double life as both possesive adjective and contraction of "you are", check this out TheBoy1dur:http://http://www.englishbaby.com/le.../your_vs_youre[/URL]
    and Utah please check (don't you think of $$$, you...): http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/waist
    please don't get mad this censorship is to be taken lightly based on this mental condition I've had ever since learning some of your wonderful language

Mofomeerkat
    Mofomeerkat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

Calm down children this ain't a trailer park, let's just all try to get some racks on racks on racks

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    yeah it is for sure. but DelPotro played good in that match- and Isner will not play as well as Del Potro did, no way. The look that I saw in Simon's eyes. I knew Del Potro was finished. Simon has that killer instinct that Isner does not.
    I rarely think Isner plays a complete match with good groundstrokes, etc. But that is his style. Serve big, go to a tie break and win. For me, I don't think Simon gets in nearly as many returns as he did against Del Potro. Del Potro has a huge serve as well, but Isner's is in another class. It's certainly close to a 50-50 match and the conditions I am not going to get too caught up in .. because this match is likely going to be played out over two days with the rain and the wind will effect both guys.

BetaB
    BetaB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2514

Simon for me. Isner is another version of Karlovic. Simon had been impressive since he win in Hamburg. Personally, i'm not a big fan of player who heavily relied on his serve especially in best of 5 match.

Parlay: Nadal + Murray + Simon to get back what i lost on Fish

tevari

Been thinking about this one all morning...I'm starting to lean towards Simon. He will murder Isner once the ball is in play

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

You all talking about ball in play and hey USA>most slow playing Europeans on the Hardcourts. Im backing Isner

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

John IsnerVSGilles Simon Money Line
    (Match) John Isner -103 Risk 40.00 To Win 38.83

mjslovin
    mjslovin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small play on Simon

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by jdrb View Post
    Once all three American players are out tomorrow, we can finally get some real tennis being played.

apeterlives

more food for thought the other day in the delpo match delpo had 72 unforced errors... don't think isner will be that off but isner did said his plan is to shorten the points and not get into long rallies so we'll see if he hits his shots, sounds confident:

"I haven't really thought about the game plan for that yet, but I know going in that I'll have to. I don't want to hang from the baseline with him.

"Today if you saw Del Potro, he was winded out there and Simon wasn't even sweating. He was just tapping his face with his towel.

"I'm going to try to keep the points short and serve with a purpose and fight it out. I should do fairly well."

apeterlives

Quote Originally Posted by BetaB View Post
    Simon for me. Isner is another version of Karlovic. Simon had been impressive since he win in Hamburg. Personally, i'm not a big fan of player who heavily relied on his serve especially in best of 5 match.

Parlay: Nadal + Murray + Simon to get back what i lost on Fish
    just earlier 2011 karlovic beat him this year though

02:30 3. round Karlovic Ivo (HRV) (239) 2 6 6

L 2.54 Indian Wells
    4500 000 USD hard Simon Gilles (FRA) [28] (31) 0 3 3

apeterlives

anyone have a picture of the stadium atm?

*1130 is earliest predicted start time according to espn
    atp site's live stream

"forecast of 11am ET cals for showers to continue for the next few hours predicted by a period of dryness..." hope it's not too long (:
    Last edited by apeterlives; 09-06-11 at 10:05 AM.

Demonata

So you don't believe USA tennis players are good players? I think roddick,isner and fish are good tennis players and that last match fish played was one of the best to watch in my opinion.

tevari

you're right, roddick and young are good as dead, and i believe simon will take today's match

jdrb
    jdrb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

Of course USA have good players. Just not in this era. Fish is an exception but he's already out.

12 Last