Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appreciate the work, Todd, your efforts will benefit us all.

I started playing a couple days ago, it is okay for some things, I am just hoping baseball will be good.

The biggest suggestion that I would recommend and you left out is that they dont have an external feed or whatever allows them to be on SportsOptions or any line service, if you cant put them on a line service it makes your job a lot harder every day.

rigolleto
    rigolleto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post

I started playing a couple days ago, it is okay for some things, I am just hoping baseball will be good.

The biggest suggestion that I would recommend and you left out is that they dont have an external feed or whatever allows them to be on SportsOptions or any line service, if you cant put them on a line service it makes your job a lot harder every day.
    I found them in donbest

rigolleto
    rigolleto's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are in donbest

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by todd73nj View Post
    I spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Betmaker management today. On my website I posted an email I sent to them with a bunch of questions and suggestions, and posted the replies to it earlier this evening. I must say I was impressed with their desire to hear suggestions and hopefully implenet some of them. I am very encouraged by their answers to my questions. If you guys have so many questions - why listen to people here who just seem to be discusssing things they never experienced. Most importantly to us all is the ability to deposit/withdraw. They told me they are working on more methods as we speak. This is a work in progress. Im sure they did not expect Matchbook to just disappear and suddenly become the only game in town. I personally emailed them a great deposit method that is in use at another book, and the contact information for the processor. I was told they have an NFL market maker, and a Golf MMer, but currently no market maker for live NBA/NCAA games. However, a friend of mine who was a MMer on both Matchbook and Tradesports, is having a program designed to work with their API and he should be in place shortly. Not to mention, email them and ask for the API information if you are interested. I made a few other suggestions to them - Such as adding other Odds formats as I personally like to trade live games in % format - Add a .net site so you can advertise legally and people can learn to use the site - I had made some suggestions on contract appearance, but that was before my *************** cleared, and now I think it looks alot like BetFair. They will be having halftime lines, and alternate lines (in play once there is a MMer). They are considering their own player forum and chat area. And the suggestion of mine that they liked the best was for the addition of a portfolio page - which will come in handy once they have MMers on board - and multiple games are open live. Youd be able to move all the contracts you are watching onto one page. I have some money there now, and excited to give it a try. Being backed by Bookmaker give them financial security. So lets deposit and start trading. With an open minded management, maybe they can be more successful than previous exchanges!
    That would be awesome if they did that. I suggested that to Matchbook multiple times and they never cared. It was so annoying having to have many browser windows open because I wanted to watch markets in different leagues at the same time.

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    ANDY wend, so to cash out i have to use a **** which has a minimum 3000 withdrawl. I only put a few hundred in to check it out. I wonder if i basically just gave them a couple hundred bucks. how would i go about withdrawling if i dont have 3 grand in there is my question.
    They qwill send you up to $3000 ***** via courier every 7 days for $50
    Last edited by shari91; 03-10-11 at 04:14 AM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

There is so much potential here, I really hope liquidity improves soon though, I really hope more people migrate from Matchbook here, the more liquidity, the better it is for everyone!

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Betmaker management today. On my website I posted an email I sent to them with a bunch of questions and suggestions, and posted the replies to it earlier this evening.

I must say I was impressed with their desire to hear suggestions and hopefully implenet some of them. I am very encouraged by their answers to my questions.

If you guys have so many questions - why listen to people here who just seem to be discusssing things they never experienced.

Most importantly to us all is the ability to deposit/withdraw. They told me they are working on more methods as we speak. This is a work in progress. Im sure they did not expect Matchbook to just disappear and suddenly become the only game in town. I personally emailed them a great deposit method that is in use at another book, and the contact information for the processor.

I was told they have an NFL market maker, and a Golf MMer, but currently no market maker for live NBA/NCAA games. However, a friend of mine who was a MMer on both Matchbook and Tradesports, is having a program designed to work with their API and he should be in place shortly. Not to mention, email them and ask for the API information if you are interested.

I made a few other suggestions to them - Such as adding other Odds formats as I personally like to trade live games in % format - Add a .net site so you can advertise legally and people can learn to use the site - I had made some suggestions on contract appearance, but that was before my *************** cleared, and now I think it looks alot like BetFair. They will be having halftime lines, and alternate lines (in play once there is a MMer). They are considering their own player forum and chat area. And the suggestion of mine that they liked the best was for the addition of a portfolio page - which will come in handy once they have MMers on board - and multiple games are open live. Youd be able to move all the contracts you are watching onto one page.

I have some money there now, and excited to give it a try. Being backed by Bookmaker give them financial security. So lets deposit and start trading. With an open minded management, maybe they can be more successful than previous exchanges!

Thank you. That's great to hear.

The previous owners of MB didn't listen to customers at all. I hope Betmaker is not going to be like that. This is a great opportunity for Betmaker.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Dear Betmaker!

Please do your best to improve your site for our US players.

Thx!

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post

You can obtain their lines thru their API - but I doubt many will bother to do that.

I have opened up a nice dialogue with their management, so if any of you have any suggestions, I can get them to right people. Or if you have any questions you want answered.

It would be easier if you emailed them to me as I only get here once a day - but email comes directly to me. Then I can post the responses from them the next day.

I got a few bets matched today - I dont have a big account there yet - But I was easily able to match a few hundred a game. And there was more left. So baby steps.. but a good sign
    Last edited by shari91; 03-10-11 at 04:15 AM. Reason: removed email address

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

i hate thoe layput of the site wont use them

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by ucbearcats1027 View Post
    i hate thoe layput of the site wont use them
    Looks like a little more primative Betfair. But hey.. no one is forcing you to use them... Maybe WSEX is a good one for you to try.. a nice streamlined layout. Good luck getting your money though.

Worth giving these guys a try! If we all end up there.. volumes will increase

todd73nj

Looks like there might be a problem with the $$ amount matched - Ive been bidding for some Baylor ML tonight.. and been getting filled little by little... but the amount matched says $232 but I have $340 of risk already. Maybe they are computing based on only $$ amount to win on the favorite? But I am trying to find out.
    Attached Images  

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Thank you. That's great to hear.

The previous owners of MB didn't listen to customers at all. I hope Betmaker is not going to be like that. This is a great opportunity for Betmaker.
    So Todd how do I get to your site and find the information that you gathered about Betmaker

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Liquidity was much better today, but still ought to be improved overall. Good offers not being matched etc., but again alot of potential!

todd73nj

Well someone got $500 from me on the Baylor money line.. Someones account is growing

Fido drop me an email with whatever questions you have.. and I can try to get answers for you.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Glad to hear they are making changes..

Todd, do you know if they are truly owned/backed by Bookmaker?
    Also, did they indicate they were looking into making withdrawal fees more manageable? (Right now, the $50 charge per every $3000 is equiv. to 1.7% tax on your net profit.)
    Finally, any hope to reduce commissions for baseball?

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

God everytime i try and talk myself into making an account there, i look at there lines and see how off they are compared to every other book. And trust me i want to put $ in there and contribute to the cause but damn.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I have opened up a nice dialogue with their management, so if any of you have any suggestions, I can get them to right people.
    Todd, is it possible to request that they keep up with current NBA/NCAA lines? I would think that most players would like to bet on the current line. Thanks.

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got in over 1K in bets today with no problem.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Here's a suggestion:

Cris owns Bookmaker and Betmaker.

Let people use one balance to play at both Bookmaker and Betmaker. Transferring back and forth is retarded.

Also put up lines near current. Or let players put up lines!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes I agree, why not just let people use $ at both. I hope more people will deposit there soon, liquidity could really use a pickup!

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Glad to hear they are making changes..

Todd, do you know if they are truly owned/backed by Bookmaker?
    Also, did they indicate they were looking into making withdrawal fees more manageable? (Right now, the $50 charge per every $3000 is equiv. to 1.7% tax on your net profit.)
    Finally, any hope to reduce commissions for baseball?
    Yes they are owned by Bookmaker and Deposits/WDs are their priority.

And as far as commissions - theyt did away with the old system and have a 2% win tax only - the page will be changed shortly to reflect this. Maybe if they start to get some business then we could talk to them about commission reductions!

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Todd, is it possible to request that they keep up with current NBA/NCAA lines? I would think that most players would like to bet on the current line. Thanks.
    I will pass that along.. to be honest I didnt notice

todd73nj

Anyone having any problem with Google Chrome on Betmaker?

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Does it really cost $50 to make a $3K withdrawal? That's terrible. They should fix this ASAP.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

it hasnt worked on google chrome for me since day one, i always have to open up IE in order to have the teams in order with the games.

Sdotbold
    Update your status

is it 50 for any amount under 3000? so if i cash out 500 i have to pay 10 percent?

Sdotbold
    Update your status

Todd' s posts have me feeling a little better about the site and where its going. So far i have not been impressed with it at all

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes they are owned by Bookmaker and Deposits/WDs are their priority. And as far as commissions - theyt did away with the old system and have a 2% win tax only - the page will be changed shortly to reflect this. Maybe if they start to get some business then we could talk to them about commission reductions!
    If true that would be great. I was a little anxious when it said the 2% was only temporary, and could be increased at any time.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Liquidity is improving slowly. I got down on $600 again today at a decent price. Last week, I got nothing. Still a long ways to go, though.......

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

How does Betmaker work in terms of funds that you have an account with Bookmaker? Do they do quick and free transfers back and forth? Anyone transfer that way?

playz
    playz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some points:

- They need to get live chat actually working
    - They need to grade quicker
    - They need an instant way to get fund on with a cc, If bookmaker can use CC, why not betmaker when they are the same company.
    - They need to work on fees.
    - They need a mobile site that works.
    Last edited by playz; 03-11-11 at 04:19 PM.

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have transferred from DSI and bookmaker to betmaker, it worked fine, it is free. Betmaker is interesting, it definitely has potential.

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah. Went back to Firefox just cause of BetMaker.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

How often do they leave games open for live betting? Everytime I look there is nothing.

First 123456 ... Last