bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

US urged to change online gambling laws

This guy is wasting his breath, because we all know their is no way the U.S. will change their views on this subject.

US urged to change online gambling laws

European trade chief demands renewed access to US market
    Guy Dixon, vnunet.com 22 Nov 2007

European trade chief Peter Mandelson has called on the US to allow European companies renewed access to its multibillion-dollar online gambling industry.

Mandelson pushed for an end to the exclusion of European companies and other trading partners from the US online gambling market, arguing that it is a better and fairer solution than compensation.

European online gambling companies saw billions of euros wiped of their market values last year following Washington's decision to close off its market.

"The US has so far opted for compensation to make right what is wrong. I do not think that compensation does that job," Mandelson told the European Parliament.

"What we really need is for the legislation to be put right and for foreign operators to stop being excluded and discriminated against in this way."

JDizzel
    JDizzel's Avatar Become A Pro!

to early ...not yet.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uh, we're the land of the free. That's why we can't place a wager from the comfort of our own home. Because minors will gamble and commit suicide!!!

atakdog
    atakdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I thought it was because gamblers go to hell. That's not it?

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Bush probably got screwed over by some bookie when he was in college and had to pay off his coke bills

Now he has a personal vandetta against Gambling

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Quote Originally Posted by atakdog View Post
    I thought it was because gamblers go to hell. That's not it?
    Its my understanding gamblers could go to hell, but its like level nine, which isn't as painful as some of the lower levels. Its above the murderers, rapists, lawyers and bad presidents

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

i thought gambling is illegal, so how are we able to do this