tennis1995
    tennis1995's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

[Resolved] Betcoin.ag is trying to scam me of my 7,7k USD balance

Hello, I would like to share my experience regarding Betcoin.ag. I made a deposit in the past week of 0.2036 BTC (around 5,4k USD). I placed a few bets on major tennis markets and was able to run up the balance to 0.29187 BTC (around 7,7k USD). As a consequence, I wanted to withdraw my balance. After I had submitted my withdrawal request, I was informed earlier today that they want further KYC information from me. I have provided them with my driving license and a bank statement to verify my identity. Couple of hours ago I received the information that my account is suspended and I should contact them for further details. They are currently holding my balance of 0.29187 BTC (7,7k USD). I have read carefully through their ToC before signing up.
    They are accusing me of "using banned scanning services to find and place arbitrage/value bet" which I strongly distance myself from.
    I can not exactly recall the bets but 4/5 bets were live bets on major tennis markets (ATP Challenger and WTA 125k+). Tennis is the most fast moving sportw with the prices moving dramatically every 20 seconds.
    Betcoin.ag has so far not been able to provide any explanation how they came up with the conclusion that these bets were value bets/detected by any software. Keeping you guys updated on how this continues, big red flag from my side here as they try to scam me off my money. Upon checking with their license provider, their license has been suspended.

@Optional: Can you help me here? I would like to fill an offical complaint against their company.
    Last edited by Optional; 06-22-23 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add resolved tag

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Can't help but notice how many issues result from live betting at books

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Sorry Tennis I only have bad news and worse news.

SBR no longer mediates with non-US/CA licensed books.

And the owner of Betcoin has spoken to me about this issue a few times and says they couldn't operate the business if he did not ban all users he believes are using automated arbitrage software. He also claims to be sure using their detection method.

Pacific Square
    Pacific Square's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4150

Sounds like he was using a bot to play arbitrage, whether he admits or not.

Not good...

You're in trouble...

tennis1995

@Optional: kindly connect me to the owner of the book
    I have not used a robot/software to detect my bets.
    I was watching the matches and bet live on them that is I always do.
    Up until now the company has still failed to provide any valid basis on how they came up to this conclusion.
    All bets were live on major tennis markets and I am clearly asking myself how this should work in a dynamic sport like tennis where odds change every 15-20 seconds.
    How should I arb here? What sort of software should that be?
    Furthemore they are not able to provide any valid and active license anymore.

Stay far away, major scam book.
    Keeping you updated.
    Last edited by tennis1995; 06-18-23 at 03:48 AM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by tennis1995 View Post
    @Optional: kindly connect me to the owner of the book
    I have not used a robot/software to detect my bets.
    I was watching the matches and bet live on them that is I always do.
    Up until now the company has still failed to provide any valid basis on how they came up to this conclusion.
    All bets were live on major tennis markets and I am clearly asking myself how this should work in a dynamic sport like tennis where odds change every 15-20 seconds.
    How should I arb here? What sort of software should that be?
    Furthemore they are not able to provide any valid and active license anymore.

Stay far away, major scam book.
    Keeping you updated.
    I have heard your story a few times before Tennis.

And other people have sounded genuine like yourself.

But they won't budge and have never offered to show me any form of hard evidence to support their claims they are sure people like you are lying.

I believe they do have a real issue with being targeted by some automated arbitrage softwares, but if they wish to offer a no KYC book then they are profiting from that and should take some responsibility for the ramifications of their choices. As well as being more transparent with evidence to support confiscations of winnings.

If they do not refund your deposits I would characterize that as theft/scamming personally. if they do refund your deposits I'd suggest forgetting them, warning others of your experience whenever you see the name mentioned and forgetting it. The owner is very hard headed about sticking to this policy and it's not worth your time and stress chasing him.

tennis1995

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

But they won't budge and have never offered to show me any form of hard evidence to support their claims they are sure people like you are lying.

I believe they do have a real issue with being targeted by some automated arbitrage softwares, but if they wish to offer a no KYC book then they are profiting from that and should take some responsibility for the ramifications of their choices. As well as being more transparent with evidence to support confiscations of winnings.

If they do not refund your deposits I would characterize that as theft/scamming personally. if they do refund your deposits I'd suggest forgetting them, warning others of your experience whenever you see the name mentioned and forgetting it. The owner is very hard headed about sticking to this policy and it's not worth your time and stress chasing him.
    Thank you for the advice.
    I will stick to it and keep you guys updated. As you seem to know the owner, would you kindly do me the favor and be the intermediate between Betcoin.ag and myself?
    That would mean a lot to me.

The company has once more emphasized that it is sure to them I have cheated.
    Still they were not able to provide any proof behind this accusation.

Major, major red flag. This is a company controlled by thieves. If you win with them, they will search for any reason to confiscate your balance and suspend your account.
    Last edited by tennis1995; 06-18-23 at 12:56 PM.

Optional

Thank you for the advice.
    I will stick to it and keep you guys updated. As you seem to know the owner, would you kindly do me the favor and be the intermediate between Betcoin.ag and myself?
    That would mean a lot to me.

The company has once more emphasized that it is sure to them I have cheated.
    Still they were not able to provide any proof behind this accusation.

Major, major red flag. This is a company controlled by thieves. If you win with them, they will search for any reason to confiscate your balance and suspend your account.
    Honestly they have a good track record of erring on the side of being fair to the player in disputes. It's just this arbitrage bot policy that is a problem.

tennis1995

Honestly they have a good track record of erring on the side of being fair to the player in disputes. It's just this arbitrage bot policy that is a problem.
    I have informed them that I will stay away from involving a third party mediator for now.
    I will wait for their resolution offer within the next seven business days and keep you guys updated.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave tennis1995 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cicadasinthe
    Cicadasinthe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I have informed them that I will stay away from involving a third party mediator for now.
    I will wait for their resolution offer within the next seven business days and keep you guys updated.
    Not getting a third party involved is only of a benefit to them, though it may not get your money. Wouldn’t bother wasting time waiting.

tennis1995

I got my initial deposit back a few hours ago.

Everyone can make up his own mind, but these are facts regarding this case:

- Betcoin.ag has failed to prove that I have violated their Terms of Service
    - Betcoin.ag has failed to prove to me and other people asking, that they are currently holding an active license
    - Betcoin.ag has been very generous with me by returning my initial deposit, in case I should have violated their Terms of Service (I will repeat myself, I have not)

Be very careful who you play with.

Moderator, please lock this thread.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15383

I got my initial deposit back a few hours ago.

Everyone can make up his own mind, but these are facts regarding this case:

- Betcoin.ag has failed to prove that I have violated their Terms of Service
    - Betcoin.ag has failed to prove to me and other people asking, that they are currently holding an active license
    - Betcoin.ag has been very generous with me by returning my initial deposit, in case I should have violated their Terms of Service (I will repeat myself, I have not)

Be very careful who you play with.

Moderator, please lock this thread.
    You told Betcoin that you wanted a 3rd party mediator. Betcoin said yes and they were going to prove you broke their terms. Then you changed your mind and said that you didn't want mediation. Because it was a first time offense of you breaking terms, Betcoin refunded your money, $5.4k. Next time your money may be confiscated. Betcoin is safe and they always agree to arbitration.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 06-21-23 at 05:01 PM.

raiders72001

He's not genuine and is involved in many disputes with books and exchanges.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    He's not genuine and is involved in many disputes with books and exchanges.
    It appears I was wrong about Betcoin's current policies.

But it does not surprise me that they offered mediation or a deposit refund. Which is the right thing to do. And what they were usually open to in the past.

tennis1995

As said, if Betcoin.ag really thinks I have violated their Terms of Service, the refund of my deposit is surely an offer they would not have had to do.
    As I have accepted that offer by Betcoin.ag, please put a resolved in the name of the thread and close it.
    Thank you.

raiders72001

As said, if Betcoin.ag really thinks I have violated their Terms of Service, the refund of my deposit is surely an offer they would not have had to do.
    As I have accepted that offer by Betcoin.ag, please put a resolved in the name of the thread and close it.
    Thank you.
    Betcoin agreed to your offer of mediation. They wouldn't have agreed if they didn't have proof. It seems you bluffed and they called.