SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

BET365 is closing my account

Hi everyone !

I have just received an emal from BET365,

it starts with this:

Dear Mr. ....,

Due to the nature of your business, a decision has been made to close your account with immediate affect...

No expalanation, no reason if I broke any of their rules...

Has anyone else got closed their account in a similar way ?

I only just emailed them if they could explain "the nature of my business".

But I doubt they will do explain anything.

My betting was first restricted to 0 (=ZERO) maximum amount allowed some 4 years ago.

That time I also asked them to explain why did they do so - they always replied (on their chat)

" it is a decision of our Trading team "...and "they did not provide any explanation" (something like that, their

replies).

I deposited (yesterday) 5 EUR, to be able to watch streams (there appeared - never was before - an announcement,

that I should deposit funds to be able to watch; so I did so...) there and today got that closing account email.

Is it worth to make a complaint anywhere ? Or, anyway, nobody can really help ?

It is simply their decision and no regulating office/body (IBAS, or any one else ?) can force them to re-open my

account, or let me know the reason why did they close it ?

Any of your replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11856

Complain about what exactly?

SBE

About closing my account while providing no reason. A stupidity ? They are not obliged to provide anything ? Simply they may close any customer's account without any reason ?

And sorry for my English. Maybe sometimes I am not writing exactly what I should...

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11856

"4.2 bet365 reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason."

So in short, yes - they can do whatever the F they want to.

They are a private company, they are not public service so you wanting to use their site to "stream" is covered in (a) segment of 4.2
    - (a) bet365 considers that you have used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;

So they have no reason to explain anything to you or anyone else.

brknmg
    brknmg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

How much did you win at them overall?

SBE

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    "4.2 bet365 reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason."

They are a private company, they are not public service so you wanting to use their site to "stream" is covered in (a) segment of 4.2
    - (a) bet365 considers that you have used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;

OK, thank you for explanation. I do understand.

agon
    agon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post

Let assume the player used in fraudulent manner.Even Bet365 uses their website in fraudulent manner also.Just have a look at Bet365 mirror sites...They are set up in order for gamblers to use it even in jurisdiction where Bet365 is banned or have no license.Especially in Asia.

SBE

Quote Originally Posted by brknmg View Post
    How much did you win at them overall?
    I was in minus. I have had 2 accounts with them. But both legal.

First, about for 8-9 years. Then they were closing their business in my (previous) country, but promised to allow me open a new account,

once I move to another country. So I did so (moved to another country, not only due to Bet365). Opened a new account.

Was betting few years (2 or 3) with strongly lowered maximum limits (10 - 50 EUR per a single bet). Then they lowered it to 0 (Zero)

and now (after 4 years) closing my account totally.

Overall, I was maybe 700 - 800 EUR in minus at BET365 for all that about 15 years (both accounts together).

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

It is a contractual relationship. Bet365 has no obligation to give you any reasons. As long as you got all your cash out they have fulfilled their contractual obligations.

I am afraid that is the end. You have no recourse.

I do recall someone posting here about some court decision (in France or Spain ??) where the ruling was that Bet365 had to reinstate certain users' accounts and give them X minimum bet. I am not sure what happened with that nor whether you happen to be in the impacted jurisdiction.

Maybe someone will recall the exact country and the exact ruling.

If it were me - I would just accept the decision and move on. Bet365 are a company and they have the right to do anything they want to customers as long as: 1. It is not illegal 2. It does not breach their contract with you.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by SBE View Post
    Is it worth to make a complaint anywhere ? Or, anyway, nobody can really help ?

It is simply their decision and no regulating office/body (IBAS, or any one else ?) can force them to re-open my

account, or let me know the reason why did they close it ?

Any of your replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Only a court could "force" them to re-open your account.

They do have the right to refuse to do business with anyone without explaining in their terms though.

SBE

Thank you all for your comments.

Any idea, another bookmaker offering so many LIVE tennis streams as BET365 did, please ?

All tennis torunaments must have. Football (soccer) - I do not care..

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Just email Denise and tell her u will DP her for a week to get reinstated.