lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

IBC and SBO are going down the drain

They already significantly reduced the limits a while ago. Now they are even reducing the odds without taking the bet! That's insane!

This is what I've just read in another forum. It's a message from the broker Sportmarket:

"IBC and SBO issues

IBC and SBO have both recently introduced a series of measures targeted at improving their risk management capabilities. In some cases, these changes have resulted in customers experiencing significantly reduced bet placement success rates and/or significantly worse prices appearing on the betslip.

SBO have informed us that specific accounts will be ‘marked’, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of their Risk Team. In extreme cases this can result in the standard odds being reduced by half e.g. 1.84 reduced to 1.42.

IBC prices are displaying on the betslip as normal but on placement they frequently return the message “We are updating odds, please try again later.” This often results in the odds being reduced despite the bet not being placed.

We are aware of these issues and are working hard to mitigate the impact on customers whilst continuing to comply with the rules promulgated by our Bookmaker partners. If you have any questions, please contact us via the feedback form or through your preferred method."

​Apparently not all accounts/brokers are affected. How are your experiences?

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18038

My odds are down 2 points. e.g. if they have 1,90 2,02, I'm getting 1,88 2,00. That along with significantly lowered limits have made them basically useless for me.

They are going down the road of making themselves a 10$ recreational bookie. Don't know how that will work for them, since they have no perks, and their earlier business model was entirely different.

Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

''In extreme cases this can result in the standard odds being reduced by half e.g. 1.84 reduced to 1.42.''

Personally i am having half odds on almost all leagues bar the mainstream ones. I am also aware that many have same issues so we are not talking about extreme cases but a kind of limit from asia books for successful bettors.

The good thing for now is that my BIA and Vodds account are not affected, only Sportmarket for me.

As for Dafabet, they are even worse than Sbo. Slashing odds 1-2 times till they accept the bet is something you would expect from 1xbet and not ibc.

Hope new asia books replace both sbo and ibc, they don't deserve to be in the industry. Hope they have same end as eastern dynasty.

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    They already significantly reduced the limits a while ago. Now they are even reducing the odds without taking the bet! That's insane!

This is what I've just read in another forum. It's a message from the broker Sportmarket:

"IBC and SBO issues

IBC and SBO have both recently introduced a series of measures targeted at improving their risk management capabilities. In some cases, these changes have resulted in customers experiencing significantly reduced bet placement success rates and/or significantly worse prices appearing on the betslip.

SBO have informed us that specific accounts will be ‘marked’, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of their Risk Team. In extreme cases this can result in the standard odds being reduced by half e.g. 1.84 reduced to 1.42.

IBC prices are displaying on the betslip as normal but on placement they frequently return the message “We are updating odds, please try again later.” This often results in the odds being reduced despite the bet not being placed.

We are aware of these issues and are working hard to mitigate the impact on customers whilst continuing to comply with the rules promulgated by our Bookmaker partners. If you have any questions, please contact us via the feedback form or through your preferred method."

​Apparently not all accounts/brokers are affected. How are your experiences?
    I received exactly the same message from BetInAsia concerning sbo and ibc.
    And on my betinasia account I already witnessed on some markets couple times sbo odds reduced by half (like you said, for instance 1.42 instead of 1.84).

Motorhead11

Situation with sbo is getting really funny.

Not only they slashed odds to half for many leagues, they now accepting only 5 euros from your stake and they adjust odds lol.

Basically they need your bet to correct their odds haha

https://imgur.com/a/THqPP2m

hope they close soon

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Add to this the high fees of IBC, not an interesting broker at all.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead11 View Post
    Situation with sbo is getting really funny.

Not only they slashed odds to half for many leagues, they now accepting only 5 euros from your stake and they adjust odds lol.

Basically they need your bet to correct their odds haha

https://imgur.com/a/THqPP2m

hope they close soon
    Just a few days ago I ordered 500 @1.80 at 30 max bet @1.9x and got the order fully matched. Account was obviously not flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Add to this the high fees of IBC, not an interesting broker at all.
    Two very different animals. IBC (MAXBET) is the book, BET-IBC the broker

moritz
    moritz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

does anybody know the criterias to be one of the "selected tipsters"?

betting earlies?
    betting maxstake?
    betting random leagues?
    or just to have a positive yield at this bookies?

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11862

Same on my account... I hope that something changes and some new books show up that can fill the gap.

moritz
    If you use private accounts, bookmakers will flag your action as sharp and they will limit you or offer different odds. If you use a broker service, it is hard for bookmaker to "pinpoint" good players as several people are using same betting account so it is not possible to target them specifically.

moritz

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    moritz
    If you use private accounts, bookmakers will flag your action as sharp and they will limit you or offer different odds. If you use a broker service, it is hard for bookmaker to "pinpoint" good players as several people are using same betting account so it is not possible to target them specifically.
    exactly thats the point cause this new limits affects "MULTIBOOKACCOUNTS" !! what means that sbo/ibc can discover sharps also when using broker service..it seems that agent-accounts are used as a normal-account(1player = 1 account)....the only difference may be that accounts will have a number instead a personal name

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11862

But that would mean that all the bets on account are affected, which isn't the case as some posters pointed out as well.

moritz

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    But that would mean that all the bets on account are affected, which isn't the case as some posters pointed out as well.
    in a german forum a user posted screenshot where we can see ibc and sbo odds in ONE betslip..so it must be a multibookaccount.
    in this betslip sbo-odds are decreased massive while ibc-odds are normal

lonnie55

I've just tried to place three max bets @ IBC @ AC (AO platform)

First bet has been accepted, second one rejected, odds changed by 10 cents, third one rejected, odds changed by 10 cents

No idea where they want to go with that strategy. Would be easy to manipulate odds if it always works like that.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I've just tried to place three max bets @ IBC @ AC (AO platform)

First bet has been accepted, second one rejected, odds changed by 10 cents, third one rejected, odds changed by 10 cents

No idea where they want to go with that strategy. Would be easy to manipulate odds if it always works like that.
    Have you tried betting the other side after they change odds on you?

Motorhead11

IBC even rejected a Champions League game for me via Sportmarket. They didn't changed odds, they were just kept rejecting my bet.

Two days ago though i tried to place a bet on Young Africains on CAF game. Odds were available only on IBC and their Shibo clone book via Vodds. First attempt was rejected, odds from 2.13 went to 2.03. Second attempt rejected as well and odds went to 1.93. Had skipped the game at the end.

What they are doing is obvious. They are forcing customers to take 0.10-0.20 lower odds, hence successful bettors will end break even in longterm in best case scenario. Doubt many bettors will be clever enough to skip the game once odds drop as well.

So overall, in 1 year we have pinnacle cutting limits 70% for agents, sbobet cut limits to joke amounts and now they even offer you half odds, IBC has become an asian 1xbet version.

It is obvious that asia books can no longer handle sharp action. Only ISN and Singbet haven't taken any actions this year. They will be forced to take action soon as well imo since most volume will be now directed to those 2 books only. Hope they are clever enough to handle that volume, otherwise professional betting will be dead in next 2 years.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: craftbrewer

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Have you tried betting the other side after they change odds on you?
    No, haven't tried it

moritz

this all cannot be in the interest of broker-services and agents.
    time has come that this groups make pressure to this asian bookies

Motorhead11

Quote Originally Posted by moritz View Post
    this all cannot be in the interest of broker-services and agents.
    time has come that this groups make pressure to this asian bookies
    What kind of pressure can groups push to asian bookies? Nothing can be done.

Asia books are loosing money, that's why they cut limits.

In fact, only succesfull punters complaint about current situation. Imagine a group of 1000 succesfull bettors press sbo to increase limits so that punters can win more. SBO will not care at all. It is obvious that their business model is no longer based on volume as it was 10 years ago. Things can only get worse unless legistation change in most countries and new mugs joins sbobet. This will not happen in next 20 years. These days, only succesfull punters are searching a way to bet to sbo etc. Mugs don't have a clue about brokers, asians etc, only longterm winners are searching for a way to bet with asians.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Random Username

moritz

What kind of pressure can groups push to asian bookies? Nothing can be done.

Asia books are loosing money, that's why they cut limits.

In fact, only succesfull punters complaint about current situation. Imagine a group of 1000 succesfull bettors press sbo to increase limits so that punters can win more. SBO will not care at all. It is obvious that their business model is no longer based on volume as it was 10 years ago. Things can only get worse unless legistation change in most countries and new mugs joins sbobet. This will not happen in next 20 years. These days, only succesfull punters are searching a way to bet to sbo etc. Mugs don't have a clue about brokers, asians etc, only longterm winners are searching for a way to bet with asians.
    absolutely correct what you say. now when broker-services take out bookies like sbo of their program this asia-bookie will have massive less betting volumes what cannot be in interest of bookie. biggest problem is that betting-community dont have any lobby and isnt organized

moritz

i know its a bit naiv and for sure never will happen but this sanctions cannot be in interest of broker-services cause they will lose lot of money due their money-transaction fees when high-volume-bettors cannot place bets any more.

Motorhead11

Quote Originally Posted by moritz View Post
    absolutely correct what you say. now when broker-services take out bookies like sbo of their program this asia-bookie will have massive less betting volumes what cannot be in interest of bookie. biggest problem is that betting-community dont have any lobby and isnt organized
    Agent platforms like mollybet, will never not take out sbo etc. The reason is that bettors will start searching for platforms that supports sbo and mollybet agents will loose money. If all agent platforms providers agree to do the same then something might be done but i doubt.

Only new books can fill today's gap. There are plenty of asian books out there that we are not familiar with. However, i believe that agent's aren't offering them for a reason. Betinasia had some exotic thai books in the past (mmm, boom,iwin etc) for example but they removed them.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

It is obvious that asia books can no longer handle sharp action. Only ISN and Singbet haven't taken any actions this year. They will be forced to take action soon as well imo since most volume will be now directed to those 2 books only. Hope they are clever enough to handle that volume, otherwise professional betting will be dead in next 2 years.
    It really is getting increasingly difficult.

The hope for the future is probably in blockchain-based exchanges with a genuinely global market …. what Betfair originally promised, but with much lower commissions.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

lonnie55

Pinnacle is a silver lining though. Recently they've added alternative lines with higher odds up to 5.xx on lower level leagues which is contrary to the current development.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    It really is getting increasingly difficult.

The hope for the future is probably in blockchain-based exchanges with a genuinely global market …. what Betfair originally promised, but with much lower commissions.
    SBO limits change depending on the account? Hard to think they can function if they're too scared to take any risk.

craftbrewer

Pinnacle is a silver lining though. Recently they've added alternative lines with higher odds up to 5.xx on lower level leagues which is contrary to the current development.
    What do you mean by alternative lines? Could you please give an example of any market where pinnacle have added new lines?

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by craftbrewer View Post
    What do you mean by alternative lines? Could you please give an example of any market where pinnacle have added new lines?
    e.g. Soccer Slovenia Cup - 4th tier v 2nd tier (there are only 5 levels in the Slovenian football league system). Never seen a line before in this competition where odds were 6.70 with relatively good limits actually (match was Dobrovce v Radomlje 0-10 ft)

A year ago Pinnacle offered only their 3 or 4 default lines in this competition with no higher odds than 2.50

Another example: Soccer international friendly early market (match was Honduras v Puerto Rico 4-0 ft)

Unfortunately these additional lines are not available in any market. I also hope this wasn't just a 'test balloon' but will be implemented permanently
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: craftbrewer

Motorhead11

e.g. Soccer Slovenia Cup - 4th tier v 2nd tier (there are only 5 levels in the Slovenian football league system). Never seen a line before in this competition where odds were 6.70 with relatively good limits actually (match was Dobrovce v Radomlje 0-10 ft)

A year ago Pinnacle offered only their 3 or 4 default lines in this competition with no higher odds than 2.50

Another example: Soccer international friendly early market (match was Honduras v Puerto Rico 4-0 ft)

Unfortunately these additional lines are not available in any market. I also hope this wasn't just a 'test balloon' but will be implemented permanently
    So pinnacle has 670 euro limits no matter if odds 3.71 or 6.70? First time seen than. Seems is your agent that gives you those limits and not pinnacle actually.

** Seems you are correct. Which is that agent btw? Bet-IBC? Seems you have big limits compared to SM and BIA
    Last edited by Motorhead11; 09-18-19 at 12:39 PM.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    SBO limits change depending on the account? Hard to think they can function if they're too scared to take any risk.
    I'm sure they do - although I use an aggregator so don't see it directly.

lonnie55

Which is that agent btw? Bet-IBC?
    Yes, they take the risk which makes them a riskier agent to use. Also, they have a horrible fee policy and the support can be very rude. But I don't want to miss out on the higher Pinnacle limits.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Motorhead11

Motorhead11

Will give them a try and will keep balance low, thx mate

Motorhead11

Was about time for ISN to start doing the same as rest asians.

Today had many bets partially placed, both from mollybet and Vodds platform.

Like the one below for example when limits were 1500 on ISN for under 0.75 and 150 for IBC. They accepted 117 out of 700 euros. IBC as you can imagine, rejected everything

https://imgur.com/a/Cic1j3a
    Last edited by Motorhead11; 09-21-19 at 11:37 AM.

willkur23
    willkur23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3930

IBC has just voided my bet. I had a bet at odds of 2.28. almost every single bookie in the world has the same odds.however slowly the odds have dropped everywhere and IBC just voided the bet. the reason was "wrong odds" great comparison from above with 1XBET...

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by willkur23 View Post
    the reason was "wrong odds" great comparison from above with 1XBET...
    The problem is there are more and more books which are adapting 1xbet methods...

craftbrewer

Quote Originally Posted by willkur23 View Post
    IBC has just voided my bet. I had a bet at odds of 2.28. almost every single bookie in the world has the same odds.however slowly the odds have dropped everywhere and IBC just voided the bet. the reason was "wrong odds" great comparison from above with 1XBET...
    "wrong odds" - was it exactly what was stated in your bet history next to this voided bet?

willkur23
    willkur23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3930

I am using sportmarket, so there was just void, I contacted sportmarked and they have quoted official statement from IBC as "wrong odds"

1234 Last