Ramvil85
    Ramvil85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Williamhill unetchical verification

Hi, so I was playing at bookmaker www.williamhill.com and after some time they have decided to close my account and ask for documents to verify my identity. Here is what they have asked:

"Please provide us with a photo-holding copy of the following in a JPEG format:

• A valid photo ID, driver's license, national ID or passport.
    • A proof of address showing the one registered in your account issued within the past three months, we only accept bank or credit card statements. If you have deposited via an e-wallet we require the statement showing the deposit.
    • Proof of ownership for the payment method used to deposit in to your account. This may be a screenshot of the ‘My Account’ section of your e-wallet showing your name and account number/e-wallet ID.
    • Your William Hill username."

OK, i have send every selfie while holding each document seperately. I think it is still unnecessary and inappropriate to ask for so many selfies but after sending all those documents they even asked for more:

"We have, however, been unable to fully complete our verification checks using the images supplied.

In line with this, can we please request that you send a photo holding copy of your updated bank statement showing the deposit of funds into MoneyBookers"

I have also sent this selfie too and after that they still couldnt recognize it was me playing and asked for:

"Our Security team advised that you'll need to send different copy of photo holding proof of address either utility bill or billing address issued within 6 months."

Ive sent them my selfie with heating bill, as they said utility bill is acceptable, but once ive sent them this they changed their mind:

"But at this time, we still need you to send us another type of your photo while holding your proof of address. It must be a bank statement showing your deposit made in William Hill. Also, it must be issued within 3 months. "

All deposits to Williamhill were made via Skrill so I cant have a bank statement containing deposit to Williamhill. They changed their request after Ive explained this, but it is absurd that I have to explain them this. Now they ask for:

"I've clarified this with our Security Team and as per advise, all you need to submit is a picture of yourself holding a different type of proof of address such as your bank or credit card statement."

It was literaly the same document as they have asked before. I ve sent them same photo and asked why it wasnt enough. They havent contacted for several days, so I contacted them again asking for my money and they acted as my account was never locked and you are free to request for withdrawal. My account was reopened, ive asked for withdrawal and received my funds.

Still I think is in inappriopriate to ask for so many photos of my face. I have played in several bookmakers before and never faced with such unfair verification. How can such bookmaker have A+ rating in SBR?

Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You got your money so what's the big problem? I don't think writing an essay ripping a book is necessary when you got paid. Just my opinion…

Ramvil85

Yes I got my money but why did A+ bookie asked for so many unnecessary documents and tried to delay a withdrawal as long as possible? I dont think its a honest way to treat your customers.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

They thought you were either multi accounting or a fraudster thats why! Glad its all turned out OK.

Ramvil85

Why they should think that? Also, who is fraudster ar betting?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

I submitted a scanned driver's license and a PDF of a bank statement and was approved in two days at William Hill. They must have believed something was fishy with your account, which turned out to be false since they paid.

Ramvil85

I think they were looking for any reason to keep my money. I would understand such behaviour from D rating bookie, but defintely not from A+.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It feels awful to be asked for selfies but all of the big UK licensed books do it and the UK Gambling Commission agree they can and should.

Not relevant to their A rating.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9878

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It feels awful to be asked for selfies but all of the big UK licensed books do it
    it's not only them anymore, also Bookmaker asked me for a selfie recently.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    it's not only them anymore, also Bookmaker asked me for a selfie recently.
    same here

and it was only a small withdrawal

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Still waiting for them to reply to my 20+ mails from about 3 years ago now. Still not verified. They took me for a little under 1k even though the account was initially verified and I withdrew by banktransfer. I won't call them a pure scam but after sending them about a dozen different selfies taken with different cams they stopped replying to my mails and have some kind of system that puts you in a very, very long waiting list to be able to go to their live chat (3+ hours). They did scam me I suppose...I just gave up and swore I would bring this up every now and then so in the end it'll cost them more in bad publicity.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Hills were once a great book accepting bets from even pros, but now they are no better than all the other soft pussy books out there that prey on the mugs, but are scared to take a £5 bet otherwise.

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Quote Originally Posted by Ramvil85 View Post
    Hi, so I was playing at bookmaker www.williamhill.com and after some time they have decided to close my account and ask for documents to verify my identity. Here is what they have asked:

"Please provide us with a photo-holding copy of the following in a JPEG format:

• A valid photo ID, driver's license, national ID or passport.
    • A proof of address showing the one registered in your account issued within the past three months, we only accept bank or credit card statements. If you have deposited via an e-wallet we require the statement showing the deposit.
    • Proof of ownership for the payment method used to deposit in to your account. This may be a screenshot of the ‘My Account’ section of your e-wallet showing your name and account number/e-wallet ID.
    • Your William Hill username."

OK, i have send every selfie while holding each document seperately. I think it is still unnecessary and inappropriate to ask for so many selfies but after sending all those documents they even asked for more:

"We have, however, been unable to fully complete our verification checks using the images supplied.

In line with this, can we please request that you send a photo holding copy of your updated bank statement showing the deposit of funds into MoneyBookers"

I have also sent this selfie too and after that they still couldnt recognize it was me playing and asked for:

"Our Security team advised that you'll need to send different copy of photo holding proof of address either utility bill or billing address issued within 6 months."

Ive sent them my selfie with heating bill, as they said utility bill is acceptable, but once ive sent them this they changed their mind:

"But at this time, we still need you to send us another type of your photo while holding your proof of address. It must be a bank statement showing your deposit made in William Hill. Also, it must be issued within 3 months. "

All deposits to Williamhill were made via Skrill so I cant have a bank statement containing deposit to Williamhill. They changed their request after Ive explained this, but it is absurd that I have to explain them this. Now they ask for:

"I've clarified this with our Security Team and as per advise, all you need to submit is a picture of yourself holding a different type of proof of address such as your bank or credit card statement."

It was literaly the same document as they have asked before. I ve sent them same photo and asked why it wasnt enough. They havent contacted for several days, so I contacted them again asking for my money and they acted as my account was never locked and you are free to request for withdrawal. My account was reopened, ive asked for withdrawal and received my funds.

Still I think is in inappriopriate to ask for so many photos of my face. I have played in several bookmakers before and never faced with such unfair verification. How can such bookmaker have A+ rating in SBR?
    Thanks for sharing. Garbage moves like this should be publicized. Some books have a way of making you feel like you've done something wrong by winning.

Ramvil85

It feels awful to be asked for selfies but all of the big UK licensed books do it and the UK Gambling Commission agree they can and should.

Not relevant to their A rating.
    So what does that rating show? I felt really unsafe for my money and thought that I will have to take legal actions to stop that never ending verification.

besime
    besime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn View Post
    You got your money so what's the big problem? I don't think writing an essay ripping a book is necessary when you got paid. Just my opinion…
    No one cares about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Garbage moves like this should be publicized. Some books have a way of making you feel like you've done something wrong by winning.
    THIS!
    Thanks for sharing.

rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 760

I would like to know where the UK Gambling Commission have ever made such a statement

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rodneytrotter View Post
    I would like to know where the UK Gambling Commission have ever made such a statement
    It's a regular complaint. IBAS tells people it's allowed every time.

You can always ask the UKGC yourself if you want to confirm it info@gamblingcommission.gov.uk

rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 760

I'm sure Ibas would say that, as they are the bookmakers friends and would agree to whatever they say.

I don't believe the Gambling Commission have ever agreed to such methods to confirm verification, as it's inevitably requested just before a payout and they don't agree with that procedure, and cannot be bothered to waste my time contacting them for a fob off answer.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by rodneytrotter View Post
    I'm sure Ibas would say that, as they are the bookmakers friends and would agree to whatever they say.

I don't believe the Gambling Commission have ever agreed to such methods to confirm verification, as it's inevitably requested just before a payout and they don't agree with that procedure, and cannot be bothered to waste my time contacting them for a fob off answer.
    I don't think it's right that bookmakers are charged with collecting so much personal information. But right now that's genuinely what they are not only allowed to do, but almost bullied into doing by the huge fines imposed on them over verification issues in the UK.

Personally I think the regulatory system in the UK sucks. But for now it's still seen as the gold standard for some reason.

Optional

I think the UKGC would answer your email and confirm bookmakers are allowed to ask for selfies there btw.

Will only take a second to click that email link and do it.