washhead
    washhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7246

If a book limits you, do they ever remove the limits?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but just wondering if anyone has ever been limited by a book, then later had those limits removed or increased? I have small balances at a couple of books that have limited me to pretty low amounts, wondering if it's worth keeping the money in or best to just withdraw and move on. Thanks for any advice.

cx89
    cx89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1075

If you were betting small amounts, then that means they have liquidity problems more than anything. If you were getting down a lot and it's a somewhat reputable book, just move on. There are a lot of outs that will never limit. Personally the product quality, and available markets are prioritized before betting limits. Not being able to get whatever you want down on big markets is just a myth in this day and age.

washhead

One is A rated and one is B rated (for whatever those ratings are worth), and I doubt liquidity is the issue. Both are pretty square books so I'm assuming they just don't want winning players. I was betting around $200 - $250 a shot when I was limited -- down to $50 at one and the other to $25. I'm thinking you're right and I should just move on, plenty of other places to go. Thanks for the feedback.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

Quote Originally Posted by cx89 View Post
    If you were betting small amounts, then that means they have liquidity problems more than anything. If you were getting down a lot and it's a somewhat reputable book, just move on. There are a lot of outs that will never limit. Personally the product quality, and available markets are prioritized before betting limits. Not being able to get whatever you want down on big markets is just a myth in this day and age.
    Sounds like you've never been limited and are making assumptions because of it. 5D will def. limit you eventually if you are a winner. AFAIK, Bookmaker does not limit people, but they remove all bonus and promotion privileges. Heritage will limit winning accounts on overnight action, props and non-major sports (soccer, tennis, etc.). Most of the lower rated and/or square books will limit people quite quickly.

To the orig. question, you can always ask for restoration of limits, but I wouldn't expect it to happen. I'd move on.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You do occasionally get limits removed. Either via a manual review of further betting patterns, which you usually have to request, or an automatic one done every X months.

I've never had any luck with the former, but have found auto-limits removed or lessened in other accounts, to my surprise.

Related: I found some bookies who had limited me 10 years ago have deleted the accounts due to data regulations, and I was allowed to re-open new ones (with no limits).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

If you have been limited at two top books, there is some chance it's your method of betting flagging you, not just winning.

I have people with complaints about being limited all the time and every single one of them claims it is just for winning.

Almost every single one I've ever chased up turned out to be not for just winning.

It's mostly for steam chasing or hitting bad lines multiple times. Sometimes books do say it is because this player only ever makes +EV bets so we have no chance against him... but that sort of player is usually smart enough to understand the game and does not complain or start threads claiming its just for winning.

washhead

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you have been limited at two top books, there is some chance it's your method of betting flagging you, not just winning.

I have people with complaints about being limited all the time and every single one of them claims it is just for winning.

Almost every single one I've ever chased up turned out to be not for just winning.

It's mostly for steam chasing or hitting bad lines multiple times. Sometimes books do say it is because this player only ever makes +EV bets so we have no chance against him... but that sort of player is usually smart enough to understand the game and does not complain or start threads claiming its just for winning.
    I'm not complaining, I'm simply asking if limits are ever removed. That's all.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by washhead View Post
    I'm not complaining, I'm simply asking if limits are ever removed. That's all.
    if they do limit just move on plenty fine books...or just use exchanges they provide the best odds anyway...betfair family, matchbook or btc exclusive Fairlay

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Yes, some bookmakers remove/change bet limits after some period but it's very rare. Most of time, you move to another bookie after getting limited in a specific bookmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    if they do limit just move on plenty fine books...or just use exchanges they provide the best odds anyway...betfair family, matchbook or btc exclusive Fairlay
    It's hard to find value odds in sharp bookies. That's why sharp players love soft bookmakers. Why pick something at -110 in Pinnacle when you can get it at +110 in a soft bookmaker?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

I've had limits reinstated twice, at different books. Both times it happened when the book did a site redesign. I eventually got limited again at both books, but it was fun while it lasted.

searanchdude
    searanchdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

My observations are that Optional is right.

Optional, not sure what you mean by "+EV" bets. Do you mean picking sides that have +100 or higher bets?

Also, I'd love to see a list of "betting strategies" that invite limits by books. Finding bad lines is obvious... but what else?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by searanchdude View Post
    My observations are that Optional is right.

Optional, not sure what you mean by "+EV" bets. Do you mean picking sides that have +100 or higher bets?

Also, I'd love to see a list of "betting strategies" that invite limits by books. Finding bad lines is obvious... but what else?
    +EV = Positive Expected Value. Your bets are placed at odds that are better then the true probability of winning. Beating the closing line basically.

Chasing steam is the big one that gets many people. Watching for significant line moves on Pinny and trying to bet the stale line before your book moves it.

If you bet mostly on small markets, like you are sharp on beach volleyball for example, most books won't wear you winning for too long.

Most reasonable books will tolerate winning players who don't just bet one winning angle and give them some -EV action as well though.
    Last edited by Optional; 09-09-18 at 07:16 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: searanchdude

searanchdude
    searanchdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

Great feedback Optional... thanks.

timdog12
    timdog12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

hey opt have you ever heard of anyone getting limited with betonline? Just curious because I hit them for about 50k this month. Usually bet 1k-10k. Just curious.
    Last edited by timdog12; 09-09-18 at 08:38 PM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by timdog12 View Post
    hey opt have you ever heard of anyone getting limited with betonline? Just curious because I hit them for about 50k this month. Usually bet 1k-10k. Just curious.
    Not very often. They are tolerant of winners more than most books.

qsgsg
    qsgsg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

+EV = Positive Expected Value. Your bets are placed at odds that are better then the true probability of winning. Beating the closing line basically.
    +EV is the same as value betting ? If so such bookmakers dont welcome winners. lol

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

Ive read you can ask to close your acc, then when you re open limits are back lol

Highly unlikely that will work, but i have read in the past a few people saying it did.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Never heard of a book raising limits once lowered, but the chat with Tony to try it is always worth a few laughs

Winpro
    Winpro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5351

washhead
    I had been limited by Marathonbet to 1 EUR per bet in 2015 for arbing their pretty lines. 5 months later I sent them a penitential email, promised the fair gambling, no more arbs. And they really raised my limits (to win 100-500 EUR per bet) after that persisting until now. I like the bookie and appreciate their objectivity.

washhead

Quote Originally Posted by Winpro View Post
    washhead
    I had been limited by Marathonbet to 1 EUR per bet in 2015 for arbing their pretty lines. 5 months later I sent them a penitential email, promised the fair gambling, no more arbs. And they really raised my limits (to win 100-500 EUR per bet) after that persisting until now. I like the bookie and appreciate their objectivity.
    Sometimes you just need to ask, I suppose. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post

+EV is the same as value betting ? If so such bookmakers dont welcome winners. lol
    Depends what you mean by value betting. But if you are having trouble with books shutting you down, you might find placing larger than average size bets on -EV things occasionally will help more than just about anything else in keeping your limits usable.

BetBothSides
    BetBothSides's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4740

DSI just reinstated my old limits after a site design

I was limited at 5dimes live betting but then i went on a losing streak and convinced Tony to reinstate my old limits. That was short lived after I went on another winning streak.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27666

Canbet removed limits and began offering me bonuses again, a few months before they closed and scammed everybody.

I reloaded twice before they limited the hell out of my account again and I was stuck in there.

They stole $1800 or so from me when they closed.

It can be a bad sign if they remove limits and start offering bonuses after previously cutting you off.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

this year more than ever seems all books (well known ones) are lowering the boom. Never been limited so much in so many books as 2018. Running out of books

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by timdog12 View Post
    that is awesome that you are smashing a book with some of the highest prices on things besides baseball where they are still a penny higher. Kudos to you for killing their lines, I only in the past heard of people smashing BOL openers never seen someone beating their -110 lines, wow hat off!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BetBothSides View Post
    DSI just reinstated my old limits after a site design
    Me too. Was at max 200 many years ago, maybe 8-10 years. Not used em since, then suddenly .......... bonus offer. Hrrrm, no thanks.