Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Pinnacle has betting limits too..Actually, some "events" have some specific limits!

I like to share something interesting I noticed yesterday. Pinnacle is our lovely bookmaker, very valuable bookmaker specially for arbitrage traders and people who like to bet high. However, you should know you can't bet as much you want in Pinnacle even with different accounts since some sport events have a specific limit that applies to everybody.It was Vikingur Olafsvik vs Vikingur Reykjavik Iceland Premier League yesterday. I must add it's not a very minor league unlike China League 1 or Peru League. Through kickoff time, you can bet 3000€ without even changing the line. Limits good, not 230-460€ like minor leagues.
    However, after some amount, Pinnacle refuses to take more bets. I received this message error after I had bet approximately 48k. When I asked my colleague, he said he has some action on that game too and he was receive same error message as well. It was a situation that nobody can bet more on that game. Game Limits were full even for different options like draw, home, away.
    Of course, I like to add I never had any problem like this in major leagues but it can happen in some leagues like Iceland or Sweden 2nd Division. Betfair is always your best friend in this case.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Are you saying that you normally use multiple pinny accounts to bet as much as you want Sawyer?

And this method of limiting max action on a market stops that? And you got caught with too much money on the other side?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Never experienced any failed bets or limiting, even when betting Pinnacle max 2 or 3 times in succession. Maybe cause im old fashioned and only bet with my own account lol

ichiro4thehall
    ichiro4thehall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

It is testament to Pinnacle's greatness that they still make money with very small margins and armies of experts , angle shooters and crooks vying to take their money. Your post makes me admire Pinny not be critical of it for not taking theoretical unlimited bets.

OP, i'm guessing your bets set off some warning algorithm Pinny use. I am personally super impressed that they take 50k worth of action on an Icelandic soccer game. At any one of the billion dollar UK shops, you would struggle to get 100 euros matched and almost certainly not get a thousand euros matched.

OP, can you tell us if all your bets were on the same bet? Also, you bet 48k, do you know how much your friend bet on the match? And did he bet on the same outcome as you?

gamblehappier
    gamblehappier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Sawyer is the guy who is writing the best posts here in forum.Surprise also that they take so big amounts of money for this specific bet.I really also want to know if the bets were on the same line or the opposite.Also betfair exchange accepts unlimited amounts of money(example 150.000) for the same match,line?
    Last edited by gamblehappier; 09-19-17 at 08:25 AM.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

48k as in 16 times the maximum? Is this a serious thread?

oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Are you saying that you normally use multiple pinny accounts to bet as much as you want Sawyer?

And this method of limiting max action on a market stops that? And you got caught with too much money on the other side?
    it says something about sbr that the most active moderator doesn't understand the basics of betting at the largest online bookmaker.

having multiple pinnacle accounts makes no sense since the line changes after a large bet, and you can re-bet the same game again at the new price with just one account.

i think what sawyer is saying, is that at some point, pinnacle stopped taking re-bets on this icelandic elf fisting competition of his. not really sure what the point of his post is though, not too many people trying to bet 50k on that...

gamblehappier

The post is strange,but if the 50 k betting is true i can guess there are only 4 reasons to bet there is 1)because the match is fixed 2)because it is an arb with an asian/betfair 3)the pinnacle odd is valuebet 4)manipulate line in order to trade-arb.The most possible reason is 2.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by oiisbr View Post
    it says something about sbr that the most active moderator doesn't understand the basics of betting at the largest online bookmaker.

having multiple pinnacle accounts makes no sense since the line changes after a large bet, and you can re-bet the same game again at the new price with just one account.

i think what sawyer is saying, is that at some point, pinnacle stopped taking re-bets on this icelandic elf fisting competition of his. not really sure what the point of his post is though, not too many people trying to bet 50k on that...
    There is absolutely a point sometimes in having more than 1 account. Having an agent account (Pinbet88 account) and placing a limit bet will more often than not change the line (drop it). Those accounts are limited to about 30-35% of the "standard" limits of a non-agent account. If you need to put a bet of 2 to 3x the Pinbet88 limit, it's very usefull to have a standard non-agent account at hand where you can place this bet without having to face an odd drop after getting 1/3rd of your wanted stake on.

Maybe the problem is you, being so arrogant you assume you know everything, instead of there being a problem with a very knowledgable moderator and SBR.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    There is absolutely a point sometimes in having more than 1 account. Having an agent account (Pinbet88 account) and placing a limit bet will more often than not change the line (drop it). Those accounts are limited to about 30-35% of the "standard" limits of a non-agent account. If you need to put a bet of 2 to 3x the Pinbet88 limit, it's very usefull to have a standard non-agent account at hand where you can place this bet without having to face an odd drop after getting 1/3rd of your wanted stake on.

Maybe the problem is you, being so arrogant you assume you know everything, instead of there being a problem with a very knowledgable moderator and SBR.
    Can you have a regular Pinnacle account and then multiple agent accounts, thus betting the line on all of them at precisely the same time. Will this affect the line before all of them can get placed...etc?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by oiisbr View Post

Sounds like you didn't understand why I was asking the question in the way I did.

Same as you I was wondering about the point of his rant.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

I think sawyer is trying to say:

The most pinny will take from everyone in total on polka dance competition in finland is 500,000. He bet 48,000. His friend also bet 48,000. Other people bet 404,000. Therefore, Pinnacle will not longer take any bets from anyone.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    Can you have a regular Pinnacle account and then multiple agent accounts, thus betting the line on all of them at precisely the same time. Will this affect the line before all of them can get placed...etc?
    It will only take the 1st wager submitted, and reject any others if the 1st wager moves the line. Even if its milliseconds apart.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No, because this is unnecessary. Let's say MAX LIMIT is 3,000€. When I bet 3,000€, line changes for EVERYBODY. So even if I bet again, I would take new odds with lesser odds. So having multiple accounts won't make sense in Pinnacle.

But all broker/agent accounts have different limits. Let's say you like to bet Real Murcia tonight. Some have 2646,72€, while some have 1323,36€.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 09-20-17 at 02:16 PM.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    I think sawyer is trying to say:

The most pinny will take from everyone in total on polka dance competition in finland is 500,000. He bet 48,000. His friend also bet 48,000. Other people bet 404,000. Therefore, Pinnacle will not longer take any bets from anyone.
    Yes, very close. Actually, when people bet "x" amount on a specific event, sometimes Pinnacle "freezes" the line. The odds, the lines are visible but you can't bet. When you wait some period, line becomes available for betting again. But of course, if they freeze the line 30-40 minutes before kick off, sometimes you can't bet anymore.

It happens on minor leagues though. Never observed something like this in majors.

gamblehappier

So,as Sawyer said no one cannot manipulate pinni lines and make profit,as if you bet high amount odds will open but with lesser odds..In the past a lot of people use this method and make some money