OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Placing Wagers While Travelling

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is your experience, and what are the potential pitfalls (if any) of placing wagers while travelling abroad? Do I need to be concerned about being blocked (or worse) from my Canadian accounts if I attempt to log in while on a trip to the USA? Will customer service allow this if I notify them ahead of time, or is my only option to use a VPN if I need to access my accounts while travelling to territories the books don't permit accounts in?
    Last edited by OTL; 06-30-16 at 02:52 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I've seen several complaints where players have logged in from another country whilst traveling only to have their account seized for playing from a banned country.

Usually players from Europe but personally would not risk logging in from the US if it was a book that does not permit US players. And I'd ask first even if they do.

Easiest way would be to leave a pc/laptop on at home with Teamviewer running and connect to it to place bets 'from home'.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Pinnacle once block my account because I acess my acount via a french IP, it was quickly solve.

ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering what is your experience, and what are the potential pitfalls (if any) of placing wagers while travelling abroad? Do I need to be concerned about being blocked (or worse) from my Canadian accounts if I attempt to log in while on a trip to the USA? Will customer service allow this if I notify them ahead of time, or is my only option to use a VPN if I need to access my accounts while travelling to territories the books don't permit accounts in?

Few months ago I went on holidays. I remotely accessed my laptop via "Teamviewer" to place bets while I was travelling. It's one of the best and very easy to use free software. I think you can install teamviwer on your mobile and then access your laptop or computer remotely via your mobile.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Good advice guys, thank you.

I'm going to give Team Viewer a try. Hopefully there is not too much latency that it makes submitting wagers difficult. I'm thinking it might be wise to use a VPN in addition to Team Viewer as an extra layer of security also.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Good advice guys, thank you.

I'm going to give Team Viewer a try. Hopefully there is not too much latency that it makes submitting wagers difficult. I'm thinking it might be wise to use a VPN in addition to Team Viewer as an extra layer of security also.
    No need. Its not like a proxy or anything that can be detected. You connect via a terminal session and all activity on the PC looks exactly the same as if you were at the keyboard.