GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Will Hill void tennis winning bet?

This is the last time I bet Tennis on William Hill. I feel so frustrated!

In French Open, a match between Kevin Anderson vs Ivo Karlovic
    Anderson 6 0
    Karlovic 3 0
    Than Karlovic retired (give up), my Anderson bet is voided & bet is refunded.
    Other sport bettors told me Matchbook, Pinny, 5dimes graded Kevin Anderson as the winner.

Will Hill stated any tennis match a player retired is a void bet, so I ask what about mma/ufc? What happen if a fighter quit on the stool, don't answer the bell between round, are those bet void too?

Wil Hill said, 'no', there is a declare winner by the mma ref.

So I guess Kevin Anderson is not a declare winner, he won't be playing R4 of Roland Garros than....huh?
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 05-31-14 at 07:28 AM.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

1. GENERAL RULES:

a. In the event of a match in a knockout competition starting but not being completed all match and correct score betting will be void. Any bets where a winning market has already been established will stand. A player being disqualified before the end of the match will be treated as an incomplete match.
    read the tennis rules next time before complaining

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Don't see the problem here. They have rules, they followed them exactly.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

lol would you have made this thread if you were on ivo and the bet got cancelled?

GigaOuts
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    lol would you have made this thread if you were on ivo and the bet got cancelled?
    no. of course not. I just find the rules is strange but it is their site. I just though all sport bet site have standard rules went come to tennis match. Now I known!

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    no. of course not. I just find the rules is strange but it is their site. I just though all sport bet site have standard rules went come to tennis match. Now I known!
    why would this rule be strange? some books will let the ML bet stand if 1 point has been played, some will let it stand if 1 set has been played, some will cancel it if a player retitres ... nothing strange about any of these

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no issue

William Hill A Book

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Extraordinary that someone would bet in ignorance of such a basic rule.
    That is the standard rule at most books.
    But Pinnacle, Betfair and Matchbook pay on the winner if one set has been completed, else they void.
    And there are some which will pay after the opening serve.
    Always read the rules before playing at a new book or on a sport you're not experienced in playing.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

It's happened to me too before, but nothing to complain about. It's in their rules. Most Euro books require the full match to be completed. Play at Pinnacle/5Dimes if you don't like the rule.

ardacet8
    ardacet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5098

Marathon processed same choice as winner for me. If 1st set is completed, then all match result bets move forward. It can work your way or the other as well. You cant complain. Rules are very important since such bookies have their own acceptance of tennis bets.

brankica023
    brankica023's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4675

Bet365,willhill,betvictor.....almost all books have same rule,if match isnt finnish they ll void your bet.
    Here you have list of bookies and their rules: http://rebelbetting.com/faq/tennis-rules

GigaOuts
    Update your status

I only been betting mma/ufc fight for 2½ yr, now I am trying different sports to see if I have a knack for it. I never have problem with mma, it seem all book agree to the ref final decision. The only problem I have is what happen if a fighter tap due to punches, it that consider a submission win or tko win?

Reading T & C, & 'rules' is not my strong suit, I like trial & error. It is very fortunate for me after making few wager my remaining balance is very small to put it all on Kevin Anderson, so no major harm is done. I also make a wager on Hockey game that I lost or thought I lost but the bet was void, than I find out my hockey bet is on regulation time only, doesn't include OT. I be infuriated too if I have won by OT....lol.

Thanks for all the informative info guys, appreciated as always.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

These guys are joke!