ncaa2009
    ncaa2009's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Skrill frozen my money forever?? Help!

Hi guys,

I have a problem with skrill. I am afraid they could freeze my money forever. It is substantial amount of money and basically all money i have now !

Here is the history:

1. last year I launched a paid picks service where I provide some advice and picks for members
    2. i don't have warehouse, or goods - this is modern online business so my lawyer recommened for simplicity to register this a company in offshore country which we did
    3. i opened skrill business account to make it convenient for people to pay for my services online.
    4. i could start to accept payments right away which i did and my account grew
    5. at some point they frozen my account and blocked any outgoing payments option. they wanted scan of my id and bank statement as a proof address
    6. i provided it but they now they want some more documents including scans of incorporation of the company and filled-in, very detailed questionaire for merchant account. i am willing to provide all of this for them, everything is legal and I have all this documents. no problem.
    7. the problem is that they also say they require director of this company to be living (to be exact: "to be domiciled") in the country of registration of the company. i am NOT able to provide this for them, as i dont have a director living in this offshore country and i had no clue this is what they require.

i find it very strange that they let me operate and accept payments from clients and only when i raised much money they want me to fill the registration documents etc. if i knew straight away they had this requirment, i would not bother bother with Skrill but i would advice my clients to pay directly to bank account. or i would make sure i do have this domiciled director (my lawyer would help me out with it) so i would be 100% compliant to skrill rules. but it would love to know this BEFORE i accepted any $ !

my bad that i did not read the rules carefully. i just filled what they needed while registering the account and was pretty certain i am able to meet all their requirments in future, whatever they are , because i operate normal legal business.

now we are panicking with my wife that they are going to close my account and freeze the funds forever. i am unable to comply with their requirments so it is understadable they might want to close my account and to stop doing business with me.

but at least i want to be able to withdraw my money. i am very scared they will close the account AND will hold this money for themeselves.

has anyone had their skrill/moneybookers account permanently closed - what happened then with your funds? were you able to withdraw them to your bank account? i am worried it might be different for personal accounts and business accounts.

any advice how to proceed? please help!

ps: this account has never been used for any gambling related activity. i never made any outgoing transfer . i only accepted payments for membership in my service from clients. i do use my personal account for some transfers to and from bookies but skrill don't mind it, i even have vip status there.
    Last edited by ncaa2009; 02-25-14 at 04:38 AM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Your lawyer set up the structure?
    Get him/her to sort it out with Skrill.
    You may have a negligence claim against him/her if he/she got something wrong.
    You could also refer the matter to Skrill's regulator.
    I doubt this is an issue SBR can get involved in.

ncaa2009

Yes, i know SBT can't get involved in this kind of issue. just wanted some personal opinion of members.

Lawyer did not do any harm, he registered the company and helped with banking procedures as promised.

It is all about Skrill's very strict internal terms and conditions and this weird rule of letting users operate their account for many months and THEN asking to fill registration forms and documents (!)

SportMac
    SportMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by ncaa2009 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a problem with skrill. I am afraid they could freeze my money forever. It is substantial amount of money and basically all money i have now !

Here is the history:

1. last year I launched a paid picks service where I provide some advice and picks for members
    2. i don't have warehouse, or goods - this is modern online business so my lawyer recommened for simplicity to register this a company in offshore country which we did
    3. i opened skrill business account to make it convenient for people to pay for my services online.
    4. i could start to accept payments right away which i did and my account grew
    5. at some point they frozen my account and blocked any outgoing payments option. they wanted scan of my id and bank statement as a proof address
    6. i provided it but they now they want some more documents including scans of incorporation of the company and filled-in, very detailed questionaire for merchant account. i am willing to provide all of this for them, everything is legal and I have all this documents. no problem.
    7. the problem is that they also say they require director of this company to be living (to be exact: "to be domiciled") in the country of registration of the company. i am NOT able to provide this for them, as i dont have a director living in this offshore country and i had no clue this is what they require.

i find it very strange that they let me operate and accept payments from clients and only when i raised much money they want me to fill the registration documents etc. if i knew straight away they had this requirment, i would not bother bother with Skrill but i would advice my clients to pay directly to bank account. or i would make sure i do have this domiciled director (my lawyer would help me out with it) so i would be 100% compliant to skrill rules. but it would love to know this BEFORE i accepted any $ !

my bad that i did not read the rules carefully. i just filled what they needed while registering the account and was pretty certain i am able to meet all their requirments in future, whatever they are , because i operate normal legal business.

now we are panicking with my wife that they are going to close my account and freeze the funds forever. i am unable to comply with their requirments so it is understadable they might want to close my account and to stop doing business with me.

but at least i want to be able to withdraw my money. i am very scared they will close the account AND will hold this money for themeselves.

has anyone had their skrill/moneybookers account permanently closed - what happened then with your funds? were you able to withdraw them to your bank account? i am worried it might be different for personal accounts and business accounts.

any advice how to proceed? please help!

ps: this account has never been used for any gambling related activity. i never made any outgoing transfer . i only accepted payments for membership in my service from clients. i do use my personal account for some transfers to and from bookies but skrill don't mind it, i even have vip status there.

But for now atleast read all Terms and Conditions carefully, also you should analyse them and contact with your points. There may be a misdetailing of the facts and your money got frozen. !!

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Stopped reading after "last year I launched a paid picks service"

That' when I stopped caring

ncaa2009

Why do you bother ? And why would i care about when you stopped or started caring?

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

scammer got scammed

RealMadrid
    RealMadrid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2866

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Stopped reading after "last year I launched a paid picks service"
    me too