manthos1701
    manthos1701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

access to betfair from a banned country

hi there! its the first time that i am write here and maybe the 2nd time that i write in a forum. i am from greece and as you might already know betfair and many other sites has left due to the unfair government laws. i have not a normal job and betfair was my only source of income and the problem is that i do not have any strong bankroll in order to leave greece and go elsewhere to continue. so, the reason that i am writting this, is to ask if people from other countries which have/had the same problem, found any solution to skip all the internet and bank block and play at betfair or other sites. please if you have any ideas, let me know.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

I am interested also

manthos1701

i hope we get some info sooner or later because there are many ways as i have heard but i would definatelly prefer someone with experience on that.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have friends or family in any country where Betfair is available?

If the answer is yes it would be pretty easy to set up a bank account in that country, using your family or friends address and then bet via a paid proxy/vpn that would point to that same country.

Using a proxy is fairly simple but there are still things you have to do to avoid security checks, such as setting the location of the computer to the country your proxy is in and clearing cookies (and flash cookies) every time you login to the book.

I'm in America and use Euro books everyday of the week and have only ever had the odd problem with specific books and no problems with most of them. I've never had a problem pretending I'm in Europe when using Betfair but the funding method is the key. If you're funding via a bank DC there will be zero checks after the initial check and that's if there is an initial check at all, whereas if you're using pay pal or anything Betfair would deem ,ore 'shady' it may present problems. I've never used anything other than Bank Debit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Last edited by Optional; 12-02-12 at 03:33 AM.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

just sign up with a different book that accepts ur bets if u are so good

Pinnacle probably will gladly take ur bets

-stash

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

just sign up with a different book that accepts ur bets if u are so good

Pinnacle probably will gladly take ur bets

-stash
    maybe he trades ,so he needs betfair
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: manthos1701, and cacofonix

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

have you tried betdaq ?

their volume on tennis has increased 40% since last year, but I don't know if they still accept customers from Greece

they don't have nearly as much markets as betfair though, only major ones

rumnblack

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    have you tried betdaq ?

their volume on tennis has increased 40% since last year, but I don't know if they still accept customers from Greece

they don't have nearly as much markets as betfair though, only major ones
    Good point. If he's that interested in trading I'm thinking he'd also have access to al the spread companies.

Maximo
    Maximo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1865

Even though Betfair doesn't allow you to bet on certain countries, in those certain countries somebody becomes a sponsor of betfair and opens up your betfair account. He becomes like a local bookie, when you want to withdraw money, you send him an email and he withdraws from your betfair account and put it on your bank account. I am sure there are some people like this in the United States too. Even though, I watch the games live; there are traders in the arenas because they whoop the odds very faster.

manthos1701

betdaq has also left greece...
    Last edited by manthos1701; 12-04-12 at 08:58 AM.

manthos1701

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Even though Betfair doesn't allow you to bet on certain countries, in those certain countries somebody becomes a sponsor of betfair and opens up your betfair account. He becomes like a local bookie, when you want to withdraw money, you send him an email and he withdraws from your betfair account and put it on your bank account. I am sure there are some people like this in the United States too. Even though, I watch the games live; there are traders in the arenas because they whoop the odds very faster.
    hi i trade only and when i do that i need to be in front of the pc for many hours most of the time. all sponsorships are illegal here after the new law..sry wrong quote...
    Last edited by manthos1701; 12-04-12 at 09:21 AM.

manthos1701

Quote Originally Posted by rumnblack View Post
    Do you have friends or family in any country where Betfair is available?

If the answer is yes it would be pretty easy to set up a bank account in that country, using your family or friends address and then bet via a paid proxy/vpn that would point to that same country.

Using a proxy is fairly simple but there are still things you have to do to avoid security checks, such as setting the location of the computer to the country your proxy is in and clearing cookies (and flash cookies) every time you login to the book.

I'm in America and use Euro books everyday of the week and have only ever had the odd problem with specific books and no problems with most of them. I've never had a problem pretending I'm in Europe when using Betfair but the funding method is the key. If you're funding via a bank DC there will be zero checks after the initial check and that's if there is an initial check at all, whereas if you're using pay pal or anything Betfair would deem ,ore 'shady' it may present problems. I've never used anything other than Bank Debit.
    i have some people in other countries but unfortunatelly they have no clue on betting sites or betting in general..also about the bank, i guess you mean open an account at their name..is that correct? because if so, the should cooperate when betfair asks for verification, something which i do not think they will..
    Last edited by manthos1701; 12-04-12 at 09:13 AM.

allin1
    Update your status

smarkets, mathbook ?

rumnblack

Quote Originally Posted by manthos1701 View Post
    i have some people in other countries but unfortunatelly they have no clue on betting sites or betting in general..also about the bank, i guess you mean open an account at their name..is that correct? because if so, the should cooperate when betfair asks for verification, something which i do not think they will..
    You open an account in YOUR name at the address of the other people in the different country.

You then use that account to bet at betfair whilst using a proxy that will give you that countries I.P.

Verification will be Driving License, Passport and Bank Statement.

I'm not saying it's easy, just saying it can be done and once it's set up you should have no problems, but as I said before, there are certain things you have to do before logging on so as to avoid detection.

allin1
    Update your status

I don't think he can open an account with an address that isn't confirmed in id documents and in the bankstatement, especially when it is from a different country. It sounds ridiculous.

rumnblack

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    I don't think he can open an account with an address that isn't confirmed in id documents and in the bankstatement, especially when it is from a different country. It sounds ridiculous.
    I didn't think EU licenses had an address on them?

I can honestly say, in 8 years I've never been asked to verify anything but I'm using a UK bank.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rumnblack View Post
    I didn't think EU licenses had an address on them?

I can honestly say, in 8 years I've never been asked to verify anything but I'm using a UK bank.
    I am from an Eastern European country and I have to provide proof of address with bankstatement or utility bill. Also, the address is shown on every id doc, passport, id card, drivers licence. I thought it was the same for all countries.

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

Allin1, it is not. Every country has its own procedures. What can be done in one, there is impossible in another.
    Rumnblack is right, it can be done in the UK but it's not that easy. He said about the family cos you need to trust these people.
    Question to you rumnblack, what sort of proxy are you using?

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

i am also from Balkan too and i have to provide proof of address ,something like utility bills or bank statement.I also thought that it was the same for all countries.

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot

Bank statement is the proof of address in the Uk

manthos1701

i have contacted with some people that i know in uk (scotland) and in order for someone to open a bank account, has to be a uk resident and also they ask a tone of files (i have them all listed) with original documentary proof of identity and address...it seems impossible to gather all that info..

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot

there are thousand of bank branches. I guarantee that you can open a bank account when you say that you've just come to the country. Some bureacrats can couse problems but others won't

manthos1701

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_de1st View Post
    there are thousand of bank branches. I guarantee that you can open a bank account when you say that you've just come to the country. Some bureacrats can couse problems but others won't
    could you give me a name of a bank which i can use without asking me all that tone of files?

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot

try Barclays first

rumnblack

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_de1st View Post
    Question to you rumnblack, what sort of proxy are you using?
    Just a normal VPN but only use one browser for the book and nothing else, always clear history/cookies on exit, also clear flash cookies. Location on computer set to UK.

rumnblack

Quote Originally Posted by manthos1701 View Post
    could you give me a name of a bank which i can use without asking me all that tone of files?
    You need to go to the country with two pieces of I.D. and they will open an account.

You're making this difficult.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Change the country to Austria f.e. That's it. You have moved, but don't need to confirm this with anything.

cacofonix
    cacofonix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Did you find a solution?
    VPN or proxy is better?
    Which country is better?
    Should i go there to open a bank account?

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

it isnt as easy as he says to open an account from a blocked country

cacofonix
    cacofonix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

What info do they ask?
    IE, i have a bank account in Cyprus, do they need an address too?