Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

who is overrating the USA? The headlines in England when groups were announced

England
    Algeria
    Slovenia
    Yanks

E-A-S-Y

I think maybe here in the States the US is overrated because people don't know what to expect, but otherwise I don't think a ton of people are taking them seriously

Don't see how Italy and Argentina can be underrated when I see people left and right picking them to win the whole thing

Overrated - Argentina, Italy
    Underrated - Slovakia, Uruguay and Paraguay
    Last edited by Alexgurv; 06-06-10 at 02:48 PM.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    I agree with you on Slovenia, USA are not favorites over them IMO. But Switzerland is not getting past Spain and Chile. Same with S.Korea, Nigeria are favorite to qualify over them, they might not even get a point vs Greece either.
    Switzerland is better than people think and have one of the best managers of the modern era in charge, 'Der General' could cause some big upsets.

South Korea could qualify, don't put faith in Nigeria they are not worth a penny.

Italy and Argentina are underrated, Italy has a great WC record and a WC winning manager, if they get past the group stages they can defend their way far into the competition. There is an impression that Argentina is in disarray and that Maradona is an idiot who wants his team to fail, I don't agree.

Spain are overrated.
    Last edited by Karayilan9; 06-06-10 at 02:40 PM.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    From Pinnacle:

1522 USA pk and -0.5 -107
    1523 Slovenia pk and +0.5 -101

USA is favored vs Slovenia.

WILL SLOVENIA ADVANCE FROM GROUP C?
    Yes +197
    No -225

You know Algeria is not going to advance. So USA and Slovenia will fight to advance. If Slovenia beats USA then they will advance. So you are hedging the +197 Slovenia to advance with the USA pk and -0.5 -107 on game.
    i was thinking about this... but the scenario where usa-slovenia there is a draw, and usa to advance on better scores with algeria and england is also likely. this way, you are going to lose 1/2 of first bet and 100% of your second bet.

you'd probably be safer other way around, betting slovenia to win against usa + picking usa to advance, but it's reisky as well. i won't put my money into this.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    i was thinking about this... but the scenario where usa-slovenia there is a draw, and usa to advance on better scores with algeria and england is also likely. this way, you are going to lose 1/2 of first bet and 100% of your second bet.

you'd probably be safer other way around, betting slovenia to win against usa + picking usa to advance, but it's reisky as well. i won't put my money into this.
    You have to also check the games sequence. If USA loses to England then England will beat Algeria on next game and qualify and playing the last game vs Slovenia unmotivated. So you will know ahead of time before USA - Slovenia game if USA got anything out of the England game. Because Slovenia would beat Algeria on first game going into the USA game. So it makes sense to play the USA pk line on USA - Slovenia game and play Slovenia for the +197 to advance odds because they will be more than likely control their own destiny on last game.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

I saw Switzerland against Uruguay and Costa Rica and I was not impressed

TheAntidote
    The Cure In Your Life
    TheAntidote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Overrated: Italy

Underrated: Netherlands, Paraguay

And the US is not going to lose to Slovenia. I'll probably put my money on it.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntidote View Post
    Overrated: Italy

Underrated: Netherlands, Paraguay

And the US is not going to lose to Slovenia. I'll probably put my money on it.
    lol no one seems to talk about Netherlands there one of the 2 teams I can seeplaying for the Championship lol

TheAntidote
    The Cure In Your Life
    TheAntidote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Agree. The Netherlands always have a strong team, and with Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder in the prime of their career, they could go far. Assuming of course that Robben is fit.

Supamanu
    Supamanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1085

Overated: Mexico, I see them getting eliminated in group

Underated: Uruguay

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Italy is not overrated. Italians never impress anyone . I don't think they can win it all ,but they are not to be underestimated .

England is always overrated (to win it all ) But they have a good team ,and i would not bet against them in the group stage.

Overrated teams :
    Every African and Asian team !

Underrated :
    Argentina
    Serbia
    Slovenia

GL.

mav924
    mav924's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overrated: England
    Underrated: Serbia

smallball
    smallball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 911

Overrated: It's easily Argentina and as always England
    Underrated: Germany, Ghana

Ghana is my dark horse to make the most noise out of the african nations at this tournament. I really believe that they will grab second in their group and then upset England in the round of 16, and then who knows.

England is always one of the favorites and all they do is choke choke choke.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Overrated: Spain, Brazil.
    Underrated: Italy, France, Portugal.

Spain will meet Portugal the first leg of round 16 and will loose them. Final will be played between Italy and France (crazy uuh right but we´ll see soon). Third place will be played between Argentina and Holland.

lukahh

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    Overrated: Spain, Brazil.
    Underrated: Italy, France, Portugal.

Spain will meet Portugal the first leg of round 16 and will loose them. Final will be played between Italy and France (crazy uuh right but we´ll see soon). Third place will be played between Argentina and Holland.
    if you believe this, you should bet 1000$ on it and become the new millionaire

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

overrated: France, Portugal

underrated: Uruguay and Paraguay

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

How in the world is Argentina underated?

Overated
    Italy
    Germany
    Brazil

Underated
    Denmark
    Uruguay
    US

lukahh

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You have to also check the games sequence. If USA loses to England then England will beat Algeria on next game and qualify and playing the last game vs Slovenia unmotivated. So you will know ahead of time before USA - Slovenia game if USA got anything out of the England game. Because Slovenia would beat Algeria on first game going into the USA game. So it makes sense to play the USA pk line on USA - Slovenia game and play Slovenia for the +197 to advance odds because they will be more than likely control their own destiny on last game.
    pavy, yes. well maybe. risky. you still could lose both. or win one max.

and your above theory is based on assumption that Slovenia wins Algeria. Then why not simply bet Slovenia to win against Algeria? More than double your money at 2.26 @ pinny.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

I love people have so different approach to that matter. Here I can see that every average soccer fan is cheering for Spain and as usual Brazil. Some can cheer for Holland, some even dare to predict Argentina. I love that we have 4 days until we can get some idea which cards who is holding this time.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    pavy, yes. well maybe. risky. you still could lose both. or win one max.

and your above theory is based on assumption that Slovenia wins Algeria. Then why not simply bet Slovenia to win against Algeria? More than double your money at 2.26 @ pinny.
    If I bet Slovenia to beat Algeria at +126 I can't hedge. So if I bet Slovenia +197 to advance and then bet USA pk & -107 on the USA - Slovenia game I can get my money back if USA beats Slovenia or if Slovenia beats USA I have the +197 to cash. If USA beats England then I have another chance to hedge on the Slovenia - England game which is the last game of the group.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overrated: Spain
    Underrated: Paraguay

eSTOXX
    eSTOXX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Overrated:
    Italy

Underrated:
    Slovenia, Serbia

smallball

stop saying serbia is underrated, they haven't done shit on the big stage

last world cup they got slaughtered, they couldn't qualify for the last euro.

if not for the fairly easy group they had in the qualifying, they probably wouldn't even be here.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Only problem with Argentina is Messi has always underperformed on the world cup stage, and how will Maradona coach? He's a great player and cheerleader...but a tactician? That is the question.

How many World cups has Messi played in? I mean how many minutes has he played at the world cup?

lakerboy

overrated- brazil/portugal - i love seeing all the portuguese in my city crying when they lose- then they pretend they are from brazil if portugal go out early

underrated- chile

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

overrated: portugal, france, nigeria

underrated: slovenia, ghana

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portugal: most overrated
    Italy: 2nd most overrated

Other overrateds:
    France
    Nigeria

Most underrated: Serbia
    2nd most underrated: Slovenia

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Based on the odds to win the cup:

Overated: Brazil. I dont think Italy is overrated as they are in the 7th place to win the cup and i think the odds are right.

Underated: Holland as they are my favorites to win it all, maybe fighting whit spain

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by smallball View Post
    stop saying serbia is underrated, they haven't done shit on the big stage

last world cup they got slaughtered, they couldn't qualify for the last euro.

if not for the fairly easy group they had in the qualifying, they probably wouldn't even be here.
    I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. Lets put it this way, if you weren't completely talkin outta your ass, I would care. Don't even get me started on your 'fairly easy group in qualifying' statement, because if you really thought it was that easy, you wouldn't have included the 'fairly easy' part

Oh and one more thing, buddy guy pal:

Last edited by SRBI; 06-07-10 at 05:49 PM.

lakerboy

Also forgot to add in Holland. Always overrated. Will never win nothing.

smallball

What a shocker, a guy from his own country thinks his team is underrated.

Not counting Faroe Islands, you had Austria, Lithuania and Romania in your group along with France who has struggles pretty much every qualifying. Compared where you could've been slotted in group 9, 4, 6 and 3, the one you got was fairly easy.

I would have said easy had you been in group 2 or 8.

after what happened in 2006 how can you seriously expect anyone to be predicting great results for you guys.

SRBI

What a shocker, a guy from his own country thinks his team is underrated.

Not counting Faroe Islands, you had Austria, Lithuania and Romania in your group along with France who has struggles pretty much every qualifying. Compared where you could've been slotted in group 9, 4, 6 and 3, the one you got was fairly easy.

I would have said easy had you been in group 2 or 8.

after what happened in 2006 how can you seriously expect anyone to be predicting great results for you guys.
    First of all, if you look at my first post in this thread, I did not even mention Serbia. My underrated pick is Paraguay, pal. Therefore, I never, ever mentioned that Serbia was underrated. Get your shit straight. The only reason I responded in regards to your thread is because you talk utter bullshit, and I don't mean that in a rude way whatsoever.

And listen to you, you're talkin about 2006 and 2010 - that is a 4 year difference. Do you think we just sit on our asses and hope for a better result next time around? Of course not. This 2010 team is a complete transformation from 2006. A ton of changes have been implemented under the command of Radomir Antic, and you will see this when the real games begin.

Why do I get the feeling you're one of those people who take the recent friendly match results a little too seriously.

Even if you think our group was 'fairly easy', we still qualified in style. And I'm pretty sure France was in last WC's finals vs Italy, therefore I don't know how you can consider that an easy opponent. I could go on about this for days.

But anyway, talk is cheap. Lets see what happens.
    Last edited by SRBI; 06-07-10 at 06:25 PM.

smallball

As you can see, I didn't mention them as underrated or overrated either. I think their odds are right about where they should be (currently ranked 10th to win it all).

As far as friendlies go, they are just that and I could give a rats ass about it.

I just think that you guys will struggle offensively to get anything going and will have to rely way too much on the defense in order to make a deep run in the tournament.

I like Ghana behind Germany for second in that group, but as you said we shall see what happens.

My point all along was that they are neither overrated nor underrated as they are exactly where they should be.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why is Holland overrated, i just dont get it. At pinny they are the number 5th favorite to win the world cup. Do you think they should be under Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, etc? that are the next teams in the list. And i also think they should be favored over Brazil and Argentina. I mean come on, by names they should be the Favorites besides Spains, plus they have been playing really good as team.

I would like to know why you say they are underrated. That makes no sense for me.

SRBI

As you can see, I didn't mention them as underrated or overrated either. I think their odds are right about where they should be (currently ranked 10th to win it all).

As far as friendlies go, they are just that and I could give a rats ass about it.

I just think that you guys will struggle offensively to get anything going and will have to rely way too much on the defense in order to make a deep run in the tournament.

I like Ghana behind Germany for second in that group, but as you said we shall see what happens.

My point all along was that they are neither overrated nor underrated as they are exactly where they should be.

Point taken. I can agree with some of that. I think there will be money to be made with them regardless. Lets get that.

Really lookin forward to seeing what every nation has to bring this year though. Think we can all agree on that?

Been waiting for this a long time now...
    Last edited by SRBI; 06-07-10 at 07:37 PM.

SRBI

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Amsterdam puff too much of that la-la

First 123 Last