OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

YOUR worst loss ever in HOLDEM post it here

I was playing online legit 1st site in USA named pure play

i'm winning early way up $500 no body called my raises

i get pocket aces make huge raise out of gate $800

two callers FLOP comes K A 10 all in two callers J10 trying to buy a str8 and Q clubs Q Spades

all hands exposed TURN card K i have the nuts aces full over KINGS AAA KK neither of the two guys in can win

RIVER card J of spades ..... waiting for chips to come to me NOPE that J spades gave Q Q a Royal flush by my count thier 30 cards left in deck and only 3 J's because the dude held the 4th J with J 10

This site you Could pay to get better chances in big money tourneys with no ads only $30 per month

YOUR cash never at risk every starts out with same bank $1500 but it no longer around now only legit one is WPT

and to play for MTT's you gotta pay like $120 a month ehhhhhhhh no thx

HOLDEM is board game everyone shares those cards you can hold AA ten hands in a Row and lose most all of them

because two others have like AK n AJ

NOW lets make this same hand MINES in 7 stud QQ loses because those board cards are mines the A K 10 on 5th street the K on 6th st and the J spade is my river card

this is why i do not play BINGO BOARD game hold em

65% of holdem is luck very little strategy is needed vs regualr players except the higher limit players in fixed holdem like $150 then $300

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

isle of capri, lake charles, la, 2-5 nlhe, had run 300 up to 2100-2200 or so:

hero La Donque dealt k ten offsuit, can't recall preflop action, it was minimal:

flop: As Ks K_

donk makes it 25 or so, all fold except one initial cheecker, who comes along

turn: 10d

villian who came along makes it 50, donk raises to 125; villian re raises to 300; La Donque, figuring him for broadway, shoves and is insta called..... guy has about 1600 or so left when making the call, I barely had him covered with my stack....

he rolls over qj of spades and gets the bad knews when he sees my kings full boat......

only one card can bail him out.......

river: that card,, ten of spades for the royal......

takes all but 45 bucks of my stack...... does give me the isle of capri cap he wins for hitting the royal.....

tdb's two outter on the river at the 2017 sbr bash in punta cana in roughly a $2,000.00 hand is thrid worst beat, when his qq sucked out with a river q to crack my aces (all in preflop)

second worst was an underground htown game, 2-5, where i flopped a set of 2'a vs villian who foopped a set of 5's, I turn quads, the money goes in, he spikes one outter for quad fives....... coud've insured the hand for pennies, instead lost a grand or so.....

isle beat really hurt b/c a hundred grand bad beat jackpot existed, but it required the losing hand to be aces full, just missed it with kings full.....

those still make me cringe as I type this shit;.......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 02-25-22 at 02:38 PM.

OldBill

yup autodonk i hear ya have heard more horror stories in bad beats from holdem that regular real poker

7 stud i had miraculous wins vs bad beats bad beats happend often in low limit fixed 7 stud $1-$3 3 raises dont scrae any body they only look at thier cards

1 time $1 - $5 fixed dope sitting across from me said i chaeted him he coudnt beat my board QQ 10 10 he had 99 something two pair

he calls over the floor boss after hands were mucked and i'm playing another hand I told the florr supervisor Jack who knew me well and was confirmed by other players he never looked up

KEPt calling and calling was drawing dead i had a FH on 6th str8 QQQ 10 -10 dumb stupid players

heres something stupid regualr players DO NOT know the 2 most imprtant cards in every deck are 5's and 10's

why ? Because YOU cannot make ant straight or str8 flush without a 5 or 10 in hand

so in holdem you see 3 cards on board A 2 4 with k 8 and your seeing one guy raisng that came in BB no pre flop raises betcha he connect on flop 3 5 suited

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Very FIRST hand of a $200 buy-in tourney.
    I’m dealt pocket Aces. A couple guys limp in and one guy raises. The two limpers call and I’m content to also call.
    The flop comes A-6-6. The guy fires out a large bet and I raise. With the limpers folded, I’m putting this guy on an A-6. He goes all-in and I quickly call.
    The MFer has got pocket sixes.
    VERY FIRST HAND AND I’M GONE!!!

OldBill

@GoldenGoose exactly you got burnt buy the board as most do with POCKET ACES

OldBill

ahhhhhh one year long ago i get in the midnight madness tourney 100 players buy in was $60 + whatever

playing hand before break i got A 6 suited blinds are high now small blind $40 BB $80

flop comes 66 Q iraise 10 K other dude cmomes back all in for xtra thou

I open hand say good luck ..........he has Q J off suit

TURN card Jack and kick in the balls river another J i lose with far superior hand

he says hey i can get lucky too. EVERYONE at the table grunted player across from me says that was a horrible loss .... i said thats why i hate this game guys call with Q 3 off suit vs your A J and hit 33 no aces or Jacks on board no shot at straight Board was like this
    K 3 9 7 10 rainbow

SAW one bad beat in WSOP guys raises all in preflop with J 7 other snap calls with pocket 10's

FLOP 9 7 7 10's can still win it

but soon destroyed turn card 7 river nothing

packet 10's left with 1000$ chip

all in on BB with chit hand

I never considered holdem real poker where you need 5 cards in hand to make a win

pots split 3 ways board wins 4 5 6 7 8 every one had high cards AK J K Q K winning player hand 9- 2 of course cant call

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

I was playing at Harrah's Atlantic City and I was down almost 1K before I grinded back to even and I had the high hand (Quad 6's) for the 1/2 hour and it was within 5 minutes to pick up another $150.

The next table broke up and two guys came to my table and on the very first hand after they came over I was dealt pocket Aces. Flop came As, Qs, 7c, and the guy to the left of me goes all-in for $800+, the next guy goes all in for about 1K. I had the best hand with set of Aces but I just didn't like the flush draw and I almost folded my hand but how could I so I called.

I lost just like how Vanessa Selbst lost in the video below and I also lost my high hand too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_VJ6l29-k

OldBill

BINGO DJK thats why i do not play this bingo board game you can hold top cards 10 hands str8 n lose .....all 10 hands to the worst hands in ranking like was me playing free online tourney im up at 8975 have A 10 flop comes QQ10 TURN card Q river card blank

I was buried alive by Q 3 off suit i was tired anyway lost focus finshed 22 out of 206 players which pays nothing

but free money who cares

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Similar to Donk's hand:

*All-in pre-flop.

Opponent flops boat, I get up to leave. My KJ(spades), with 3 to Straight flush. Running broadway Spades, I make Royal to win.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

a $4000 1 outer in PLO after going all in on the turn.....hit me w quads....

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Does it have to be NLH?
    I once lost quad aces to a royal straight flush in Omaha.

I had Ac As 9 5 (rainbow)
    He had Qd Kd 7 7

I bet 1/2 pot preflop
    He called.

Flop comes Ad 10d Ah

I just flopped mother freaking quad aces.

I bet 1/2 pot again, trying not to oversell my quad aces, he snap calls.
    I'm like "WTF, he's calling me with an ace high nut flush draw and a pair, something like that, and I have quad bullets"

Turn card is and off suit 7
    He turns seven full, sevens over aces
    I still have the stone cold lock of the century, quad aces.
    I bet full pot with quads, he snap call again with a boat full of sevens, he thinks he's the boss now.

To the river
    He still has four to the nut diamond flush, and a boat.

River card is the Jack of Diamonds.
    He just spiked a ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH.

I jam the pot, he re-raises pot.
    I stop dead in my tracks.
    I look the board over a third time again.

It's A A 10 7 J
    Four diamonds.

I called him and even said to him, "go ahead, show me a royal"

Sure as shit...
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Full tilt poker ...no 200 cash...guy flops straight flush vs my so called nut flush. 678 flop he had 9 10..me ace king

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Full tilt poker ...no 200 cash...guy flops straight flush vs my so called nut flush. 678 flop he had 9 10..me ace king
    I love Omaha, but the beat beat stories are unbelievable.
    In NLH there are 1326 different possible starting hands.
    In Omaha, there are (get this) 270,725 different possible starting hands.
    More than 20x

OldBill

ah screwit as far as [poker goes r/t i'm not playing anymore 7 stud i was reading the fish knew that my 2 pair was drawing dead simoly by thier weak calls trying not to be noticed in other words actors showing weaknes and they got you by the nuts

then the none actors total honest reactions like they light up like X mas tree lookin at that river card you bet they raise .............opsssssssssssssss ok you have a made hand so wtf $5 just to make sure no bluff and sure enough your K hi flush got hammered by a split 2 pair river FH like a 6 10 3 6-10 A 6 river 1st off he never should have called with 610 3 you showing the K raises thats an auto fold

but thats fixed limit 7 stud 1-5 2nd high limit then there was 5-10 7 stud then 15-30 then 20 -40 and hardly any played chasing for str8 or flush aginst board pairs 10-20 you get croaked drwing to flush draw hand 10 -10 then 20 20 20 thats $80 you call with wind up no flush

of course if others all play like rocks pairs only 10's or higher then you gotta play thedraw hands just make sure you have a large bank because they will raise you all the way down

but r/t poker is not happening for me anymore penetrate i get hammered in free online games at playwpt.com either the mtt tournets free rolls or the buy in MTT's 15 K up tp 50K of your bank

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

My worst personal beat I can recall in a cash game (not high stakes at all but still stakes that were meaningful to me at the time) was my 99 vs AK got all-in on a K92 flop with no backdoor flush draw. Of course it came Ace Ace

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

A couple that stand out are getting 1 outed on river for a WSOP main event package(13k) maybe 10-15 years ago. Then after that beat nothing went my way and I ended up stone bubbling.

Another was when I had KK and flopped top set on a K72 board...villain had TT...turn 10, river 10

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    A couple that stand out are getting 1 outed on river for a WSOP main event package(13k) maybe 10-15 years ago. Then after that beat nothing went my way and I ended up stone bubbling.

Another was when I had KK and flopped top set on a K72 board...villain had TT...turn 10, river 10
    that made me want to take a hit out on all dealers ever dealing a one outter on the river

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    isle of capri, lake charles, la, 2-5 nlhe, had run 300 up to 2100-2200 or so:

hero La Donque dealt k ten offsuit, can't recall preflop action, it was minimal:

flop: As Ks K_

donk makes it 25 or so, all fold except one initial cheecker, who comes along

turn: 10d

villian who came along makes it 50, donk raises to 125; villian re raises to 300; La Donque, figuring him for broadway, shoves and is insta called..... guy has about 1600 or so left when making the call, I barely had him covered with my stack....

he rolls over qj of spades and gets the bad knews when he sees my kings full boat......

only one card can bail him out.......

river: that card,, ten of spades for the royal......

takes all but 45 bucks of my stack...... does give me the isle of capri cap he wins for hitting the royal.....

tdb's two outter on the river at the 2017 sbr bash in punta cana in roughly a $2,000.00 hand is thrid worst beat, when his qq sucked out with a river q to crack my aces (all in preflop)

second worst was an underground htown game, 2-5, where i flopped a set of 2'a vs villian who foopped a set of 5's, I turn quads, the money goes in, he spikes one outter for quad fives....... coud've insured the hand for pennies, instead lost a grand or so.....

isle beat really hurt b/c a hundred grand bad beat jackpot existed, but it required the losing hand to be aces full, just missed it with kings full.....

those still make me cringe as I type this shit;.......
    Believe big O & myself took that one down

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25486

Biggest pot I ever played live was for 1800.
    Had 1010 and flop was 1088.
    Guy leads I raise and the guy instajams all in for 425BB.
    I call quickly and he slams his 108 on the table proud as a peacock. You know the river.

My biggest pot online was 10/20 HU table on Pstars.
    I raise to 50 pre, guy 3bets to 120, and I 4bet to 265 with KhJh.
    flop Q 10 9 rainbow. He leads for 450 and I call. 4 on the turn.
    He leads 675 and I click it up to 1580. He goes all in for 4400 more and I snap.
    He had Q9 and rivers a Q. Left me numb and dazed after losing 5 figure pot.
    I had been on a HU rampage before that hand, so figured I should cash out and take a vacation.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Playing in Vegas got pocket kings, flop was k 5 5 rainbow for a boat. Turn a 10, River a ten. Guy turns over pocket tens.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Does it have to be NLH?
    I once lost quad aces to a royal straight flush in Omaha.

I had Ac As 9 5 (rainbow)
    He had Qd Kd 7 7

I bet 1/2 pot preflop
    He called.

Flop comes Ad 10d Ah

I just flopped mother freaking quad aces.

I bet 1/2 pot again, trying not to oversell my quad aces, he snap calls.
    I'm like "WTF, he's calling me with an ace high nut flush draw and a pair, something like that, and I have quad bullets"

Turn card is and off suit 7
    He turns seven full, sevens over aces
    I still have the stone cold lock of the century, quad aces.
    I bet full pot with quads, he snap call again with a boat full of sevens, he thinks he's the boss now.

To the river
    He still has four to the nut diamond flush, and a boat.

River card is the Jack of Diamonds.
    He just spiked a ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH.

I jam the pot, he re-raises pot.
    I stop dead in my tracks.
    I look the board over a third time again.

It's A A 10 7 J
    Four diamonds.

I called him and even said to him, "go ahead, show me a royal"

Sure as shit...
    I take it no bad beat progressive. Ouch.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I take it no bad beat progressive. Ouch.
    Not in Omaha.
    Ouch indeed.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I don’t remember exact hand and how it played out I just was sitting at a cash game at
    my buddies playing super patient for hours and hours. Eventually got a guy to call me on all in before last card and he got the only card left in the deck that would beat me. Never played poker again. Too much work for returns. If I spent 3 hours capping I’d be better off.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    My worst personal beat I can recall in a cash game (not high stakes at all but still stakes that were meaningful to me at the time) was my 99 vs AK got all-in on a K92 flop with no backdoor flush draw. Of course it came Ace Ace
    Had one of those. L4 tables of the Rio Daily during WSOP.

Significant amount of $$ in play. If you make Final Table of these tournaments, haul is $20,000+.

3-way all in QQ vs my 99 vs AK. Flop spikes a 9 on A92 board. Running AK for guy to make bigger boat.

dlowilly

I saw a thread where that guy bitemeusa who I guess some people thought was hacking the code of the poker software or something had A10.

Flop came X X X and apparently biteme said in chat he would win the hand even though he had no draw no pair and the opponent had been raising pre flop. Turn came a 10, river a 10. Opponent had pocket aces.

OldBill

yup bad beats happen but my losing with dead nut fh on turn aaa kk to pair of queens was like a 1000-1 shot because the board gave him the royal flush n only 3 j's were in deck the other player had j 10

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    yup bad beats happen but my losing with dead nut fh on turn aaa kk to pair of queens was like a 1000-1 shot because the board gave him the royal flush n only 3 j's were in deck the other player had j 10
    Need to know what suits were on the flop to estimate the odds. Was it all spades?

How many jacks were out doesn’t affect the odds since it had to be a royal.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Yep I lost a flip ak vs 88 for a WSOP package about 15 years ago myself. They counted the chips we were exactly tied. Think I got 1k for 2nd.

Lost 77 to 66 AI preflop. Had him covered cost me about 10k when I ended up losing. Got 18k instead of 28k.

Biggest nitroll I ever got was with q10 board was 441010q he bet I shoved he shook his head, played with his chips, breathed then finally called and had 44. That was 1/2 in Atlantic City, probably about 500 pot.

Been in so many hands I can’t think of any really bad beat statistically. They all run together

OldBill

you can play free at playwpt.com any e mail adreess then creat password but suggest using microsoft edge or google chrome fire fox just lags too much

i had over $1,2 milion 4 days ago now i had to take a shot for 99 cents spin wheel got $250 K the freaking hands i lost with KK lost to Q 10

queen flop rag rag buys a 10 river and i preflop raised 2000 then all in after rag rainbow flop bitch rags out

one hand recently i take a shot A 10 suited well A 8 buys quads on the turn lol gone

but at clubwpt.com where you pay monthly fee to win huge MTT's and the big monthly with $100,000 in cash n prizes up for grabs they play a lot smarter

u can play free sit n go's and free tourneys but cant win any real cash

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Need to know what suits were on the flop to estimate the odds. Was it all spades?

How many jacks were out doesn’t affect the odds since it had to be a royal.
    no not all spades the second K on turn was K of spade then river J of spade made 4 spades on board and Q s Q H hammers me
    ok u call with QQ my preflop raise was like $5000 but omg why acll after flop the A K 10 then K turn but they all in so i get corn holed by super lonshot gut shot by my figure full table 8 of us after cards dealt 16 out to players flop and burn 20 cards gone burn n turn 22 cards gone so there was 30 cards left in deck before the J of spdes rivers and only 3 jacks cause other had J 10 off suit i kept saying why couldnt he have the J of spades 10 off suit in hand

i was so angry i slammed my monitor screen i almost broke it but that was the old glass one like a small TV

thes falt screens now are very fragile and costly to get new one the whole pc is the falt screen no serperte modem as we had before this was present from son years ago got is discount only $650

it's an old HP all in one

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

Mine has to be the worst beat in history. Online poker. Dealt 8-8. Limp in, guy on button playing bully poker all night. He raises hefty preflop with A-5 offsuit. Everybody folds but me. Flop comes 8-7-7. I check, he bets, I raise, he calls. Keep in mind he has no real draw here. Next card another 7. I bet 3/4 pot. He calls. Next card another 7. My full house gets counterfeited by quads for both of us and his rag ace and being a dumbass gets rewarded for ace high being the winner.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    you can play free at playwpt.com any e mail adreess then creat password but suggest using microsoft edge or google chrome fire fox just lags too much

i had over $1,2 milion 4 days ago now i had to take a shot for 99 cents spin wheel got $250 K the freaking hands i lost with KK lost to Q 10

queen flop rag rag buys a 10 river and i preflop raised 2000 then all in after rag rainbow flop bitch rags out

one hand recently i take a shot A 10 suited well A 8 buys quads on the turn lol gone
    but at clubwpt.com where you pay monthly fee to win huge MTT's and the big monthly with $100,000 in cash n prizes up for grabs they play a lot smarter

u can play free sit n go's and free tourneys but cant win any real cash

My bankroll at PlayWPT is 4.37 Billion.

I still play there sometimes in Elite 1 to Elite 4 tables.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I have two accounts at Zone Online Casino with 1+ Trillion bankrolls.

I once had over 25 accounts with all of them over 1 Trillion coins and the stupid ass company banned most of them for winning too many coins.

I probably could have sold those accounts for possibly tens thousands each as people are nuts over there paying for something those that are totally worthless outside of Zone.

I made this one girl's account into the top suite and she is forever grateful as she would have NEVER made it unless she shelled out thousands to buy those useless gems.

MovinUnits
    MovinUnits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I’m getting up to leave but need a chip holder…cards are delt while I’m lookin for one under my seat…guy to the right of me hands me his… I play the hand because when I look at whats delt…I see got pocket Kings.

I raise big. Flop: K, 7,9.

I got trip K‘s .

Tried slow playing it to the river. Guy who gave me the chip holder goes all in on the river. I call .

Hes hit his straight.
    Never saw it…. get up and leave. This time, with nothing.

Walked by the table 5 mins later …guy at the table I was on makes a subtle choking noise.
    I took note.
    Lessened learnt.

To be a true playa you have to lose every way possible, and in poker it costs money and pride…. But when you win…. Oh, when you win…when you’re the quickest hands in the Wild West in the middle of that dusty road and you know you got the others dead to rights…then you’re Josi Wales …. You’re Billy the Kid…

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by MovinUnits View Post
    I’m getting up to leave but need a chip holder…cards are delt while I’m lookin for one under my seat…guy to the right of me hands me his… I play the hand because when I look at whats delt…I see got pocket Kings.

I raise big. Flop: K, 7,9.

I got trip K‘s .

Tried slow playing it to the river. Guy who gave me the chip holder goes all in on the river. I call .

Hes hit his straight.
    Never saw it…. get up and leave. This time, with nothing.

Walked by the table 5 mins later …guy at the table I was on makes a subtle choking noise.
    I took note.
    Lessened learnt.

To be a true playa you have to lose every way possible, and in poker it costs money and pride…. But when you win…. Oh, when you win…when you’re the quickest hands in the Wild West in the middle of that dusty road and you know you got the others dead to rights…then you’re Josi Wales …. You’re Billy the Kid…
    Billy the Kid is about right. You live, you dodge, you stay alive as long as you can.

If you play long enough, you see it all. I've seen Straight Flush vs Quads a few times.

Biggest suckout I've ever had: Villian flops a boat, I'm getting ready to stand up and leave:
    *Didn't even notice, I flop three to a Royal. Turn/River runout is perfect, make a Royal on the clean runout with K/T (diamonds).

12 Last