robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Swaggy, have you said that you frequent a gambling forum during your therapies at GA?

robmpink
    Update your status

How do the senior members feel about it? It seems counterproductive and a conflict of interests.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol why are you on sbr again? you're a fukking loser, get a fukking life.
    lol says the degenerate gambling human garbage disposal. I heard cyanide tastes good, you should try some one day.

robmpink
    Update your status

Swaggy, I tried the program 5 times, but returned to the dark side each time. I'm weak minded.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Swaggy, have you said that you frequent a gambling forum during your therapies at GA?
    Actually I was one of the rare strong ones (unlike the weak fags like genghis) and just stopped cold turkey. It's been almost a year now. Never had the need to go to GA but most are unable to do this.

robmpink
    Update your status

Grown men crying and hugging me cuz they lost their kids over gambling didn't leave an impression on me.

I'm sick

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Actually I was one of the rare strong ones (unlike the weak fags like genghis) and just stopped cold turkey. It's been almost a year now. Never had the need to go to GA but most are unable to do this.
    If you could do it/continue, I commend you.

Swaggy P

Swaggy, I tried the program 5 times, but returned to the dark side each time. I'm weak minded.
    Well if you made up your mind that your weak minded then you probably are weak minded. Nothing can be done about that unfortunately.

Swaggy P

If you could do it/continue, I commend you.
    Oh I certainly will. Trust me.

robmpink
    Update your status

Somewhat funny story, at my expense. I was at a meeting, maybe my 3rd attempt. It was at a new location, nowhere near where I previously went.

I did the 20 questions and answered yes to them all. The flipping guy who was heading that weeks meeting was shaking his head in disbelief. he said he never came across anyone who answered yes to all 20 questions.

Needless to say, I didn't return. Maybe I used it as an excuse, but you don't do what he did. I look back at it and it seems far fetched that I was the first person he witnessed saying that/being honest.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i practice what i preach. that was my last response to swaggy p the loser troll.

don't respond to the troll. he, she, or it will disappear. trust me.

only reason why it's sticking around is people are responding it.

Swaggy P

Somewhat funny story, at my expense. I was at a meeting, maybe my 3rd attempt. It was at a new location, nowhere near where I previously went.

I did the 20 questions and answered yes to them all. The flipping guy who was heading that weeks meeting was shaking his head in disbelief. he said he never came across anyone who answered yes to all 20 questions.

Needless to say, I didn't return. Maybe I used it as an excuse, but you don't do what he did. I look back at it and it seems far fetched that I was the first person he witnessed saying that/being honest.
    It would be of great benefit to you and the people that care for you to quit gambling. It's all about intention here. If you have to intention deep down inside to quit gambling someday then chances are you will if not then you won't. You can lead a horse to the water but can't force it to drink. It's all up to you.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Gambling can be a mental addiction to some that can be overcome with just a change of mindset. Drugs can be both mental and physical. Any rapid physical change can kill the human body. With neoro benzos the amount of drug must be gradually reduced over time whether it is lengthing the intervals between dosing or slighty cutting the dose. Educate yourself on the subject and do what feels right for you. BOL

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Agree Edawg, education is key. It certainly won't win the battle for you but it will help.

Not even sure if OP is around. Maybe he quit cold turkey and is tucked away inn the looney bin right now.

but if you check back in, in addition to reading the Ashton manual, read up on PAWS, post acute withdraw symptoms. They're withdraw symptoms that can resurface after months or even years of sobriety. It helps to know what they are and that they go away, you don't have to give in to the cravings. They're normal and do pass.

every little bit helps

let us know if you're still around

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr The Kraken,
    I have enjoyed reading your posts on this thread, and it is quite evident that you are a smart and informed man!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 02-17-15 at 01:55 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Urban, drug addiction is near and dear to my heart. I've openly talked about my struggles with addiction here and it's been an ongoing battle. I'm now in a place where I can justify my usage and actually limit what I take daily, which is prescribed by my doctor. Drug addiction has torn my life apart more than once and I've hurt those around me much more than I ever hurt myself. I can't tell you how many tens of thousands of dollars I've wasted. I don't even want to know.

I rarely am too serious on here but I guess for me this is just something I take personal and have been through and still struggle with, although not with benzos now thank god.

I appreciate what Ghengis Kahn was pointing out (even though he missed my post) because if OP is serious, he needs a plan. Not just opinions or other people's experiences, although helpful, he needs a long term plan. He needs to know what to do if he relapses. Having benefited greatly myself from using the Ashton Manual it would be selfish not to share it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife, and bigballa

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

First 123