d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8109

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He already got the last laugh as he exposed Twitter for what it was to the American people. Stock is going in the dumps now.

Elon ruined Twitter.. Lol..

Well done mate without even buying it in the end! Brilliance and a win for free speech no matter how you draw it up!
    This episode ain't over so it's not a last laugh. He's laughing now for sure, but we'll see if he gets the last laugh. I think Twitter will litigate this one hard. No wonder Elon was recruiting lawyers a few weeks ago.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    This episode ain't over so it's not a last laugh. He's laughing now for sure, but we'll see if he gets the last laugh. I think Twitter will litigate this one hard. No wonder Elon was recruiting lawyers a few weeks ago.
    I'm assuming he signed some paperwork when he agreed to buy at a certain price. The lawyers will take care of it.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7753

He didn't find out shit. He got cold feet. Leapt before thinking. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But a deal is a deal and he should be forced to complete the sale as agreed.
    you don't know that. That's just another one of your guesses. Should he be forced to complete the sale if there was fraud?

oh and then there's this ...

A law firm representing Elon Musk alleged it appears Twitter ‘made false and misleading representations.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8836

The buyer Elon in such a big deal like this can always find ways out if there is something to dispute. Elon is in the drivers seat with bailing out on this deal, one big troll job.

I'm sure there were some contingencies drawn up on the contract to give him outs during the buying process. That's common practice in big Real Estate deals as I'm very aware of anyways. I don't see this being any thing different.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The buyer Elon in such a big deal like this can always find ways out if there is something to dispute. Elon is in the drivers seat with bailing out on this deal, one big troll job.

I'm sure there were some contingencies drawn up on the contract to give him outs during the buying process. That's common practice in big Real Estate deals as I'm very aware of anyways. I don't see this being any thing different.

Great article here.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/09/t...k-lawsuit.html

The most damaging outcome for Twitter would be for the deal to collapse. Mr. Musk would need to show that Twitter materially and intentionally breached the terms of its contract, a high bar that acquirers have rarely met. Mr. Musk has claimed that Twitter is withholding information necessary for him to close the deal. He has also argued that Twitter misreported its spam figures, and the misleading statistics concealed a serious problem with Twitter’s business.

A buyer has only once successfully argued in a Delaware court that a material change in the target company’s business gives it the ability to cleanly exit the deal. That occurred in 2017 in the $3.7 billion acquisition of the pharmaceutical company Akorn by the health care company Fresenius Kabi. After Fresenius signed the agreement, Akorn’s earnings fell and it faced allegations by a whistle-blower of skirting regulatory requirements.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Who's lying? I'm going with Elon telling the truth on this one.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23098

Will JIRBBBYL stop fellating Elon now that he and Trump are bitch slapping each other?

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Will JIRBBBYL stop fellating Elon now that he and Trump are bitch slapping each other?
    Tough choice for JIIIIBBBBY. Knee pads R interchangeable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO

Musk is a loser now

Being laughed at everywhere

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Elon smart not to buy that dump after the stock dropped big time and all those fake accounts and bots.

Truth Social the way to go!

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26475

Jibby whats your user name on Truth?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I'm not on Truth as of yet. Just like I was never on Twitter. I hate social media period.

Truth is the way to go though when comparing it to Twitter.. It's growing and catching wind.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Musk is a loser now

Being laughed at everywhere
    Why because he didn’t buy a company that is full of political and propaganda bots? He had three choices, buy the company and continue lying about how many users the platform has, lose money once if was revealed how many bots there were or walk away. He made the right choice

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Billionaires fight all the time Pebbles.

Elon will vote for Trump secretly if Biden runs against him in 2024. Elon is not stupid. Gotta be an idiot to not vote for a party change in 2024 after what this Biden administration has done to this Country.

If you like more money in your bank account and want lower gas prices at the pumps you vote Republican in the future it's just that simple, Trump or Desantis!

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5111

Billionaires fight all the time Pebbles.

Elon will vote for Trump secretly if Biden runs against him in 2024. Elon is not stupid. Gotta be an idiot to not vote for a party change in 2024 after what this Biden administration has done to this Country.

If you like more money in your bank account and want lower gas prices at the pumps you vote Republican in the future it's just that simple, Trump or Desantis!
    Jibby if Trump loses to Desantis and runs as an independent insuring Biden a second term will you still be a fan?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post
    Jibby if Trump loses to Desantis and runs as an independent insuring Biden a second term will you still be a fan?
    I'm a fan boy for America. Trump is getting up in age and Desantis is just like Trump but younger in a sense. So either or works for me.

I just want America to be the America we all know and love to live in. I don't like inflation do to GOV over spending, high gas prices, high crime, open borders, homelessness, etc..

That all sucks right now!

DiggityDaggityDo

Twitter is suing Elon musk now.

Even Twitter doesn’t want to own Twitter anymore.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5111

I'm a fan boy for America. Trump is getting up in age and Desantis is just like Trump but younger in a sense. So either or works for me.

I just want America to be the America we all know and love to live in. I don't like inflation do to GOV over spending, high gas prices, high crime, open borders, homelessness, etc..

That all sucks right now!
    perfect jibby answer

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Twitter is suing Elon musk now.

Even Twitter doesn’t want to own Twitter anymore.
    Old news. They agreed to the sale, so why wouldn't they want what they agreed to?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 200

So if someone signs a lease with JIBBBY commercial property and then after 3 months he finds out that the building has issues like roof leaking then he can walk out of the lease and not pay JIBBBY 3 months rent, right?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So if someone signs a lease with JIBBBY commercial property and then after 3 months he finds out that the building has issues like roof leaking then he can walk out of the lease and not pay JIBBBY 3 months rent, right?
    If someone agrees to buy a high-rise apartment building containing 900 apartments and then upon further inspection he finds the building only has 500 apartments, then can he walk away from the deal?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1582

[IMG] [/IMG]

Thor4140

[IMG] [/IMG]

Thor4140

DiggityDaggityDo

Old news. They agreed to the sale, so why wouldn't they want what they agreed to?
    Probably because they were lying about what they are selling

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I don't sell my properties with pending problems and if I do I fully disclose up front. Honesty is always the best policy Pavy.

However, when buying property and you find out something you don't like or is fishy after entering escrow there is a thing called contingency clauses in the contract which the buyer and seller agrees to. That gives you an out when shit hits the fan!

To not have an out during a buying transaction for something as big as commercial real estate or even twitter would just be bad business practice if you find out something is really off with the land, lease of tenancy, building structure problems, etc. that were not disclosed by the seller.

You can't know everything when first entering into a contract on day one. That is what an escrow period is for and that's when to do your due diligence. After full inspections and when every thing is checked off and looks good you buy, if things are off and don't look good you get out and get your deposit back and move on.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7820

I will suck a deek for a quarter is Jibby handle or golden throat.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7028

the reason that Elon Musk can't get out of the deal over the bots thing is not that he "waived due diligence." it's that he signed a BINDING AGREEMENT TO BUY TWITTER, and that agreement does not have any outs for "i think there are too many bots."

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    the reason that Elon Musk can't get out of the deal over the bots thing is not that he "waived due diligence." it's that he signed a BINDING AGREEMENT TO BUY TWITTER, and that agreement does not have any outs for "i think there are too many bots."
    we'll see
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 07-13-22 at 10:53 AM.

DiggityDaggityDo

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9032

Still getting a kick outta wingers were all excited to stick liberals where the sun doesn't shine with musky's purchase of twitter.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Still getting a kick outta wingers were all excited to stick liberals where the sun doesn't shine with musky's purchase of twitter.
    just another example of how dishonest you are.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 5862

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

If someone agrees to buy a high-rise apartment building containing 900 apartments and then upon further inspection he finds the building only has 500 apartments, then can he walk away from the deal?
    Of course not. You count the units before signing the deal or live with the consequences.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: d2bets

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 5862

Legal opinion of how this will play out

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Of course not. You count the units before signing the deal or live with the consequences.

First ... 31323334353637 Last