1. #1
    devilsbar
    devilsbar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-10
    Posts: 70

    Access Betfair in USA

    Hi all

    Just wondering are we able to access BetFair website in USA using normal internet and mobile network?

    Anyone from USA can answer?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-22-07
    Posts: 1,045
    Betpoints: 20252

    yes, but you need a proxy server; recommend a paid version

  3. #3
    nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-06
    Posts: 8,308
    Betpoints: 12

    you can access the site...as far as being a customer........

  4. #4
    Smashmouth71
    Smashmouth71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-10
    Posts: 674

    Hi all

    Just wondering are we able to access BetFair website in USA using normal internet and mobile network?

    Anyone from USA can answer?

    Thanks



    No, they have software that detects IP address from the US and other "bannded" countries, and have no problem in disconnecting and shutting you down when caught.

    You can rent a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and set it to the country you're from... if you're from UK, Canada.

    For my fellow Americans who want to access forbidden casinos/sportsbooks...

    I did hear a story of a guy who actually went through all the BS, flew to London, rented a room from someone where he paid the electric water bills which gave him the 2 bills with his name on it, and then opened up a bank account, flew back and plays euro casinos/sportsbooks using his VPN.

    He said it was a business to him and it was well worth it, they have the best online casnos/sportsbooks/betting exchanges thats why he went through the trouble.
    Last edited by Smashmouth71; 03-22-11 at 03:15 AM.

  5. #5
    devilsbar
    devilsbar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-10
    Posts: 70

    Wow! USA is very strict. But i wonder how do people in USA place bets?

  6. #6
    vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-21-10
    Posts: 6,331
    Betpoints: 168

    live in vegas. i placed a wager at the live window. and watched the game. on espn2 at the book. the book closed at 10pm but you could still watch the gme on one of 100 televisons. then you can cash the ticket out at the main window. on ur washington state -7.

    my sportsbook buddy told me to parlay 1st half wash st -4 and over 65. 1st half wash st. 38- 29. he's like that in vegas.

    i only bet the fullgame though.

    then no joke.

    pregame rite in front of the book. i hit a 5 quarter bet. keno 7 out of 10 paid out $94. total profit also. on a new keno system i am working on. to bad i did not hit the caveman 4x or 8x

    they say there are no professional keno players. but it would be a nice career.

    any other questions about wagering in america.?

  7. #7
    konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-06
    Posts: 12,520
    Betpoints: 302

    Thats a funky site I kind of worry about using it

  8. #8
    dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-26-08
    Posts: 1,009
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    live in vegas. i placed a wager at the live window. and watched the game. on espn2 at the book. the book closed at 10pm but you could still watch the gme on one of 100 televisons. then you can cash the ticket out at the main window. on ur washington state -7.

    my sportsbook buddy told me to parlay 1st half wash st -4 and over 65. 1st half wash st. 38- 29. he's like that in vegas.

    i only bet the fullgame though.

    then no joke.

    pregame rite in front of the book. i hit a 5 quarter bet. keno 7 out of 10 paid out $94. total profit also. on a new keno system i am working on. to bad i did not hit the caveman 4x or 8x

    they say there are no professional keno players. but it would be a nice career.

    any other questions about wagering in america.?


  9. #9
    Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-14-09
    Posts: 13,521
    Betpoints: 78

    Have you got a friend in Canada?

  10. #10
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Its lot of work and time and lots of documents for both Aussie and UK Wallets

    Also they have auto recongintion phone software linked to your account so you better have a UK or Canadian phone number

    Also they have address verification software and if address does not match the tax rolls if your signing up in UK you better have an original current utility bill, UK bank Statement and of course a must is a passport, uk license or UK national identity card

  11. #11
    trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 756
    Betpoints: 548

    They don't care about country of origin just country of residence. US passport works fine.

  12. #12
    jeff1973
    jeff1973's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-11
    Posts: 19

    yeah but like mminkovski said, you need a proxy server...

  13. #13
    jeff1973
    jeff1973's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-11
    Posts: 19

    konck...betfair is actually a very legit site...

  14. #14
    devilsbar
    devilsbar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-17-10
    Posts: 70

    I still dont understand. I am from UK and will be traveling to USA soon. Can i still access to betfair website using internet and mobile while i am there?

  15. #15
    trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 756
    Betpoints: 548

    Quote Originally Posted by devilsbar View Post
    I still dont understand. I am from UK and will be traveling to USA soon. Can i still access to betfair website using internet and mobile while i am there?
    Not without using counter-measures to detect location. Find a VPN service with a UK IP to access your account.

  16. #16
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    USa Passports do work at some UK sites but for verification purposes only

    They do run your passport # to make sure its a valid one

    FSA (Financial Services Authority) Regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK have lots of laws that are tough and strict and many Euro books fall under them

  17. #17
    Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-10-09
    Posts: 3,742

    You need a good contact in the UK/EU

  18. #18
    beeya
    beeya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-15
    Posts: 2
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashmouth71 View Post



    No, they have software that detects IP address from the US and other "bannded" countries, and have no problem in disconnecting and shutting you down when caught.

    You can rent a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and set it to the country you're from... if you're from UK, Canada.

    For my fellow Americans who want to access forbidden casinos/sportsbooks...

    I did hear a story of a guy who actually went through all the BS, flew to London, rented a room from someone where he paid the electric water bills which gave him the 2 bills with his name on it, and then opened up a bank account, flew back and plays euro casinos/sportsbooks using his VPN.

    He said it was a business to him and it was well worth it, they have the best online casnos/sportsbooks/betting exchanges thats why he went through the trouble.

    On the other side is it really worth it? I am European and I have 6.5% net commision on betfair.

    Meaning If I back 100 USD at odds 2 on Real Madrid, I get > 2 x 100 = 200 - 100 = 100 USD - NET comission = 193,5 USD. Basically the odd I back is not 2, but 1,93

    I checked some US bookies are you can get quiet competative odds I guess, or am I wrong?

  19. #19
    Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-16-13
    Posts: 2,767
    Betpoints: 1644

    idk

  20. #20
    shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-07
    Posts: 18,146
    Betpoints: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by beeya View Post
    On the other side is it really worth it? I am European and I have 6.5% net commision on betfair.

    Meaning If I back 100 USD at odds 2 on Real Madrid, I get > 2 x 100 = 200 - 100 = 100 USD - NET comission = 193,5 USD. Basically the odd I back is not 2, but 1,93

    I checked some US bookies are you can get quiet competative odds I guess, or am I wrong?
    Guess you're new to betfair , mines at 3.9%

  21. #21
    beeya
    beeya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-15
    Posts: 2
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Guess you're new to betfair , mines at 3.9%
    It's just that I bet as crazy for couple of months, than nothing for next couple of months. My comission disscounts are more or less always the same.

Top