adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

NBA Picks

Ok.
    So there's a lot of action on that MLK day. I really like a few games but the bottom line is that you have to break it down to one, and Charlotte at +4.5. I like Philly this year and am a fan of that Doug Collins(even during his Demolition Man hair phase). However, the Bob are playing good under Silas (6-4) and even though they've dropped two straight, those were close games against two solid teams. Bet it but buy the half point.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Good luck

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

good luck with the plays...

adamo1018

Wow! Nothing like a 1 point OT win to get things going. I really want to take the wolves tonight but I have a bad feeling about it so im just going to chill tonight and enjoy the rest of these games. Im going to be making another pick tomorrow, so check back in.

Charlotte (+4.5) W...... 1-0
    Last edited by adamo1018; 01-18-11 at 07:31 AM.

adamo1018

Actually, I am going to take a game tonight after all... The Thunder +4.5 against the Lakers is what I'm going with. Its usually not a good idea to bet a team on the road thats had 3 days off, but the Thunder were 2-0 last year in that scenario and 1-0 so far this year. Its scary because the Lakers are going to bring it hard because of last nights embarrassing loss against the Clip, but the cold hard reality is that they really aren't better than the Thunder right now. They may be by the end of the season, but right now OKC is playing really really well and expect a really good entertaining ball game. Plus OKC is beyond due to beat the 'Show at the Staples Center. Don't be surprised if they finally do it tonight, but as usual, I'm taking the half point. Bet Thunder at (+5)....L.... 1-1
    Last edited by adamo1018; 01-18-11 at 07:35 AM.

adamo1018

....Plus, the most erratic team to bet this year by far is the Trail Blazers, which is why I'm not taking the T'Wolves. They are a team to stay away from b/c you never know what they're going to do from one game to the next. I would put the nuggets, and hornets in that category as well. And stay away from those big, marquee match-ups like Orlando and Boston tonight. Those are the games you want to bet b/c they are on tv and you get to watch them and lets be honest, it is more fun to watch two top 5 teams play. BUT ITS NOT ABOUT FUN OR ENTERTAINMENT. ITS ABOUT WINNING! Take games that you can definitively say are giving you more than a 50/50 chance. Nothing is guaranteed, but I can definitely say confidently that THUNDER at (+5), with their current play as of late, are giving me more than a 50/50 chance to win.
    Last edited by adamo1018; 01-17-11 at 08:28 PM.

adamo1018

Tough 2 point loss. Had a feeling it was going to be close. Man OKC, and Durant were not shooting well; 2-22 from 3 point land. If they would have went 3-22 WE WOULD HAVE WON. Oh well. Im taking an extra close look at the two games on the docket for tonight, and i will check back later with a pick.

adamo1018

Now Bosh is hurt! Was he banging lebron's mom too? What a three-ringed circus! I would love nothing more than to see the hawks pound them tonight. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Lebron is just being a f\*g and he's totally fine. Look for him to have a big game tonight. If he isn't I really like the over b/c as good as he is offensively, he's that good defensively and without haslem and bosh, where are the points going to come from? Lebrons going to play though. Still on the fence with this one...I'm going to check back in a few hours and make a pick.

adamo1018

Ok. Screw that game. Takin' the bulls-bobcats game at over 185. Feeling good about this one. Let's go O!

adamo1018

Ouch. 27-24 first quarter looked good, thats about it though. 1-2 now. Mad action tomorrow. No more of this 2 game bullshit.

adamo1018

Timberwolves (+7)at Clippers.... Lock it down. Clip aren't 7 points better than ANYBODY.

adamo1018

Adding another pick for tonight.... Dallas (+4) vs. Lakeshow.... The mavs suffered an ugly loss to the pistons on MLK day, however being from the Detroit area, I've been fortunate enough to see that its just one of those situations where a garbage team (Pistons) just happen to matchup well against Dallas. Im 0-2 betting against the Show this year, but if you're giving me 4 points with Dallas on their home floor, I am taking it. And as for minnesota, they have played great at the Staples Center the last couple of years and look for that to continue tonight.
    RECAP: T'Wolves +7; and Dallas +4

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your handicapping skills are impressive, your write ups are even more impressive.

KingDing
    KingDing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    Your handicapping skills are impressive, your write ups are even more impressive.

Lol. I was just thinking the same thing!

adamo1018

Thanks Y'all! Dropped two straight though, just hoping to turn it around tonight. I really like these two games, and I'm guaran-SHEEDING at least one. Hopefully both come through.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Good luck Adam!

adamo1018

Thanks homie...

startwinningtoda
    startwinningtoda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 768

dallas is +3 on 5dimes right now

adamo1018

Yeah I use bodog. And its still 3 1/2. Listen, Dallas has so much more to prove with this game. They are at home and they have an extremely supportive fan base, and it will be a factor. LA is feeling comfortable right now, winning 8 of 9. Dallas is going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Whatever angle you look at this one from, you can't deny that it means way more to Dallas, and they are going to come out really strong and they have a great D, and do one of the best jobs of any team of shutting down Kobe. Dirk is going to play out of his mind, but will it be enough? Its going to be a nail-biter, that's why I took the points.

adamo1018

I think Dallas wins a close one, outright, feeding off of the intense energy of the crowd.

adamo1018

I'm not trying to rant and s**t all the time; that's not why I started this thread. However, I feel like I have no choice right now. The Detroit Pistons, an organization that not so long ago, led the league in attendance for multiple years in a row, and went to 6 straight conference finals doing the right thing, have recently been exhibiting some of the most juvenile and unprofessional behavior that I have ever witnessed in professional sports. Tonight, Richard Hamilton was benched for the 5th consecutive game, and the front office has basically just not addressed why. I'll tell you why. Its because there has been a tumor growing for the last few years named Rodney Stuckey, that has been driving this team farther and farther into the cellar with every minute he is in piston blue. Stuckey was the reason Chauncey left, solely because he (according to Dumars) was/is a better point guard. Yeeeeeeahhhh, good call. Actually wasn't and isn't. Now, Dumars thinks he a better 2 guard than Rip, has been starting in that spot, and is in the process of driving him out of town. Ok, how bout tonights game against Celtics. I didn't see the game but it was 84-82 down the stretch, and Stuckey missed a wide open running shot to tie the game with 29 seconds left and they ended up losing 86-82. I know its just one game, but its like all the time with this f**ing guy. He's nothing compared to those legendary pistons. Look at the Spurs. Just because their team was getting older and seemed like they were going in the wrong direction, look at them now! They are a top 3 team because they stuck with it, and just picked up some new pieces along the way. If they just kept Chauncey, and made some smart (not dumbass) pickups over the last few years they would still be a contender. The major overhauls don't work, and ok, worst case scenario, you dont win another championship AT LEAST F**KING PEOPLE WOULD SHOW UP,but no its better when 12-14k people show up instead of 24-25k. F**k you Joe Dumars for driving this organization into the ground but more importantly, f**k you for how you are treating Rip Hamilton, a guy thats a real champion like you were one day and your dumbass should be able to tell the difference between a clown like Stuckey and real world class ballers like Rip and Chauncey. Thats ok, everybody in Detroit can see it thats why no one gives a shit anymore and no one goes to your gay ass games anymore.

adamo1018

1-1 Tonight. Locking down a pick early for tomorrow. Philly +5 at Charlotte. Both teams have played a lot of basketball lately, and that usually benefits the home team, but I think that D.C. is a WAY better coach than Paul Silas, and he will find a way to out-coach him just like he did 5 days ago in philly. Plus, a boost in confidence after only losing by one to a top-5 team in Orlando.

adamo1018

Adding another pick. Portland -3. Absolutely hate betting Portland games because they are mad inconsistent especially after losing a bet to Blake (aka the resurrected son of God) and the Clip last night. But this will be the Clip's 4TH GAME IN 5 NIGHTS and...

a. Eric Gordon (their leading scorer) F'd his finger up really bad on his shooting hand last night, medical staff says its either a tear or a bad, bad sprain. (the two bad's should tell you something). And even though he came back and shot well while his adrenaline was pumping during the game, he's going to be feeling it all day today, and being on a plane magnifies injuries so much, so look for him to cool off a little.

b. Mr. Superman (Blake Griffin) also was shaken up last night, slipping on a wet spot, doing the splits and cutting his knee. Now I would never doubt him coming out and playing really well, but at some point he has to have an off night, and playing against Kevin Love last night hopefully wore him out a little.

c. The Blaze are playing well right now, and I think they are a slightly better team (mainly b/c of the Eric Gordon injury) and they are at home, so gotta take 'em.

Recap: Blazers -3; Philadelphia +5

adamo1018

2-0. That works. Had to jump on the Lakeshow at -1. Denver is playing really well, especially at home, amidst the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. He dropped 35 two nights ago, but watching those highlights, the crowd was barely clapping for him. It's so weird, I have to go with the Lakers. I mean at least they're a real team, not a bunch of mercenaries, each guy playing for himself. I like that the Lakers lost their last game too. It was about as quality of a loss as there is. Dallas was going to end that streak no matter what the other night, and I really believe the LA is going to be grooving early and often tomorrow night. I may or may not throw another pick in tomorrow after I check the lines in the morning. Just the Lakers for now.

adamo1018

And I'm not trashing the Nuggets players (of course they're playing for themselves) because clearly, Melo and Chaunc are yesterdays news and everything is up in the air. So far, its been helpful for them. However, the Lakers are playing as a team to get better AS A TEAM and to try and win games together. I definitely think thats a distinct advantage for them, even though Denver is probably the toughest place to win on the road IN ANY SPORT! And its friday night! Love taking the Lake on Fridays!

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Adamo1018 lovin the writeups brother! I should've listened to ya last night, I've been gettin my butt kicked the past 2 days. Keep up the good work! GL and make some money!

adamo1018

Thanks for the support. I'm actually adding one more game tonight. Utah +6 at Boston. Ok, so Utah has burned me a few times earlier this season, but I'm not shying away. They haven't lost 3 straight on the road since 2008-2009, and it comes down to weather or not you have any faith in the Jazz squad; I do. Boston has won 4 straight at home and Utah has not fared well at the Garden over the last couple of years, however Utah is due to have a good game (at the Garden) and Boston (with their older lineup) is due for a mini-letdown. I just don't see Utah giving up and losing 3 straight on the road without putting up a fight. Just don't see a blowout.

Recap.... Lakers -1; Jazz +6

adamo1018

Adding two more. Spurs -8. and Pistons +2.

Spurs -8.....This is the Friday blowout, not the Celtics over Utah. I love that they last lost to the Knicks, and that the Spurs are very well rested and Pop will have them playing really hard and these new-look Spurs can run and score quickly.

Pistons +2..... Who would have thought that Tracy McGrady would be the starting point guard. As ridiculous as it sounds its working and working well. They have won 3 of 4 and just lost a close game to a great Boston team. Rip being on the bench is also working, even though the whole situation is being handled the wrong way. T-Mac has been the real reason tho, because Stuckey is such a horrible point guard that he is at least somewhat effective as the 2 guard, and Tracy has been leading this team. Look for a big game also from Tay and Ben Gordon.

adamo1018

Recap: Spurs -8; Lakers -1; Utah +6; Pistons +2

adamo1018

Wow. Rough night so far. Hopefully the spurs can hang on and good news is Melo missed the shootaround, so hopefully we can still go 500 tonight....

adamo1018

2-2 tonight, 5-4 overall. Jazz and Pistons were horrible picks. Right now I like one game for Saturday. Washington +7 at home vs. Boston is the only action I like. This game basically comes down to this. Boston has played 6 straight games at home. They haven't played a road game in 14 days. Also, Wizards usually play the Celtics tough anyway, and John Wall should be effective against a tired Celtics team. I think Washington keeps this one close and covers.

adamo1018

Adding one more.... Phoenix (even) at Detroit. Every time I bet the Pistons I lose. Every time I bet against them I lose. I took them -1 against Toronto a while ago when they were leading by 25 in the 3rd quarter and lost. Believe me, I hate betting this gay team. However, Phoenix hasn't lost to Detroit (home or away) in years. The Pistons are a shitshow right now. Ben Wallace, who has actually been the most valuable Piston the last couple of years, hasn't played in 6 games due to a minor ankle turn, and the last we heard from him he was lashing out against the piston front office. I'm so sick of this team. This is the same premise as my bet against Denver. When the team is this disgruntled, I have to take action on the other team. Phoenix just played on the road last night, and have struggled since the trade but are on a 5-game tear, and look for that to continue tonight against Detroit.

adamo1018

Ok...last one. Haven't played an over/under in a minute. Going with Grizzlies/Bucks Under 186. Both teams coming off nice wins, both played last night, offense is going to be tough. The last time that Memphis won and went on the road the next day they lost 86-92 to Cleveland. That score would be nice to see again!

adamo1018

The public has been hammering the Suns all day. Not a good sign, but c'mon Suns, just take care of these clowns tonight.

adamo1018

Taking a little last minute action.... Clippers/Warriors Under 215. No Monta Ellis dropping 30 hopefully will help... Both teams want to win this one bad. Baron Davis has to be really tired; look for him to slow down some. Blake will have a big night offensively and more importantly defensively, preventing quick offensive putback shots. 1-1 so far tonight, lets win these last two unders!

12 Last