Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Jim Caldwell's explanation for the timeout - NONSENSE!

he should have kept his mouth shut and looked stupid than opened his mouth and removed all doubt. His explanation carries no reasonable logic. Here's the article-

Jim Caldwell’s timeout explanation doesn’t make sense

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
    With 29 seconds left, the clock running and the Jets having the ball at the Colts’ 32-yard line, Indianapolis coach Jim Caldwell made a surprising decision: He called timeout.
    The TV cameras caught the look on Peyton Manning's face on the sideline, and Manning was obviously thinking the same thing many of us were thinking: “What in the world is Caldwell doing?”
    Caldwell was asked to explain after the game.
    “I didn’t care. I was going to make sure that they couldn’t. Make them snap the ball. They were in field goal range,” Caldwell said. “We wanted to try to make them snap the ball as many times as they possibly could.”
    Yes, the Jets were in field goal range: In range for what would have been a 50-yard field goal, which is no chip shot for Jets kicker Nick Folk, who went 5-for-11 on field goal attempts of 40 yards or longer this season. As it turned out, on the very next play after that timeout, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez hit Braylon Edwards on an 18-yard completion, and on the next play after that Folk kicked the game-winning 32-yard field goal as time expired.
    Frankly, Caldwell’s explanation doesn’t make any sense because his decision doesn’t make any sense. Making the Jets snap the ball again just gave the Jets another opportunity to make the field goal easier, and that’s exactly what they did.
    Caldwell should have known better, because he made the same mistake during the regular season at Jacksonville, using two timeouts during the Jaguars’ final drive and helping Jacksonville set up a game-winning field goal. Caldwell didn’t learn from that mistake, and the Jets benefited on Saturday night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OmgUrMom

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

he's a retard.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Pretty horrible. Just fire him and let Peyton be QB/Head Coach and let the DC call all the defense plays.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

black head coach

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

i LOLed when i heard this last night, sure was a headscratcher.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Garboon fuk

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Mark it down: that comment is what gets him fired.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Luckily for the Colts..

Raheem Morris seems to be a legit coach and this will allow the NFL to give the Colts "permission" to get rid of Caldwell..

Now they need to find another Referee so they can get rid of the retarded Carey Brother...

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

enough with the racist comments brock

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    this will allow the NFL to give the Colts "permission" to get rid of Caldwell..
    Heh, good point

What I don't understand is that Tony Dungy thought he saw a lot of talent in Caldwell.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

This won't happen in the future. These coaches didn't grow up playing Madden. Growing up with Madden makes you very conscious about clock management. At least for me.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Wow what an idiot this guy is

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Luckily for the Colts..

Raheem Morris seems to be a legit coach and this will allow the NFL to give the Colts "permission" to get rid of Caldwell..

Now they need to find another Referee so they can get rid of the retarded Carey Brother...
    Morris is irrelevant. Tomlin won a Superbowl. And Lovie led a team there quarterbacked by Rex Grossman.

Goodell would rather see Peyton Manning's Colts not sabotaged by an imbecile than pander to the race whores.

But for the P.C. crowd, they have to find it unnerving that Caldwell and such a celebrated player as Mike Singletary have joined the list of black coaches that failed to get it done.

Singletary
    Caldwell
    Herm Edwards
    Ray Rhodes
    Romeo Crennel
    Art Shell
    Marvin Lewis (how in the hell does that asshole still have a job?)

Thank God for Tony Dungy. He's the only one of them I'd consider running my team. And his teams underachieved the bulk of his career. Maybe I'd take Tomlin. The Bears win despite Lovie if you ask me.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Caldwell is an idiot....how does a guy with a college coaching record of 26-63 get a NFL head coach job anyway? He's the right color and he was buddies w/Dungy! Brady has Belechick and vice-versa....Peyton is stuck w/idiots? The Colts may have lost anyway but why do u call a timeout when the other team has the pressure of trying to get into field goal range? Just idiotic??

He won't be fired....I live in Indy and Bill Polian was just saying the other day that he should get major credit for the Colts winning the division w/all their injuries! Its just the system and the QB Indy has....not the dumba$$ coach!!

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    black head coach
    pasty degenerate

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    enough with the racist comments brock
    Exactly.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I live in Indy and Bill Polian was just saying the other day that he should get major credit for the Colts winning the division w/all their injuries! Its just the system and the QB Indy has....not the dumba$$ coach!!
    I hope last night's game changed Polian's view.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    pasty degenerate
    It is what it is....Barack Obama has a higher IQ than me without a doubt...but I was in a mall that was about 95% black in Atlanta a couple years ago but I go in the bookstore and suddenly they all disappeared!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

It is what it is....Barack Obama has a higher IQ than me without a doubt...but I was in a mall that was about 95% black in Atlanta a couple years ago but I go in the bookstore and suddenly they all disappeared!
    We all have e-books!

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What happened when you walked into the shoe store?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I dont like making racist comments, but I rarely see white coaches/players making stupid mistakes on the field.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post

Thank God for Tony Dungy. He's the only one of them I'd consider running my team. And his teams underachieved the bulk of his career. Maybe I'd take Tomlin. The Bears win despite Lovie if you ask me.
    The Colts won despite Dungy if you ask me. It was #18 and the offense, not Dungy and his "defensive genius". With the Bucs they had about 9 pro bowlers on defense, but Dungy still insisted on starting Shaun King at QB.... Gruden came in with a championship ready team that Dungy couldn't win with and won the SB the very next year.

As much as people want to call Peyton Manning a choak artist, what about Dungy? In my opinion he was the lucky beneficiary of coaching two stacked teams. It had nothing to do with him "building them up"... His X's and O's were horrible. It was always cover 2, cover 2, cover 2, dungy with his cover 2. When did you ever say he "outgame planned" the other team. It was always Manning.

They need to fire the token jackass. Does Caldwell ever even speak into his headset or does he just stand there and collect his checks?

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    The Colts won despite Dungy if you ask me. It was #18 and the offense, not Dungy and his "defensive genius". With the Bucs they had about 9 pro bowlers on defense, but Dungy still insisted on starting Shaun King at QB.... Gruden came in with a championship ready team that Dungy couldn't win with and won the SB the very next year.

As much as people want to call Peyton Manning a choak artist, what about Dungy? In my opinion he was the lucky beneficiary of coaching two stacked teams. It had nothing to do with him "building them up"... His X's and O's were horrible. It was always cover 2, cover 2, cover 2, dungy with his cover 2. When did you ever say he "outgame planned" the other team. It was always Manning.

They need to fire the token jackass. Does Caldwell ever even speak into his headset or does he just stand there and collect his checks?
    Like I said, he was an underachiever.

But I still think he's a bright dude that knows how to motivate his players and keep them in line.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

you probably just didnt notice them because you were so focused on learning how to read.

man, i tried to defend caldwell a little this morning but that excuse is inexcusable. wow.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Garboon fuk
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=garboon

Racial slur by Brock Landers. Will he get suspended for a few days? I doubt it, but I hope I am wrong.

Done with this thread. The mods will have a field day, whoever's on the job.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

black head coach

Mark it down: that comment is what gets him fired.

Nah.. Jim Irsay has a "hard on" for "minority" coaches..... Just look at his last 2 coaches.

I find it funny Dungy is paraded around TV like he is some kinda coaching mastermind. Gruden went to Tampa and cleaned up his shit and won the SB with practically the same roster... Dungy won a SB against Rex Grossman and another "minority" coach and did it with arguably the best QB to ever play and about 10 other pro bowlers.. Hell I could have won the SB under those circumstances

Mr Handicapable

Full credit needs to go to Tony Dungy for turning around Jim Mora's slow a$$ crap defense w/Indy! Plenty of white coaches are idiots too...and they get more chances to prove it! Jim Mora's kid was horrible as a D-coord. w/San Fran so Seattle gave him a job for it?

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Unlike Sean Payton who seems always talking, Caldwell does not seem talking at all when he is on TV.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=garboon

Racial slur by Brock Landers. Will he get suspended for a few days? I doubt it, but I hope I am wrong.

Done with this thread. The mods will have a field day, whoever's on the job.
    Do you do anything here besides play PC police? The answer is no.

Know your environment. Son, you are fighting a losing battle.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post

Nah.. Jim Irsay has a "hard on" for "minority" coaches..... Just look at his last 2 coaches.

I find it funny Dungy is paraded around TV like he is some kinda coaching mastermind. Gruden went to Tampa and cleaned up his shit and won the SB with practically the same roster... Dungy won a SB against Rex Grossman and another "minority" coach and did it with arguably the best QB to ever play and about 10 other pro bowlers.. Hell I could have won the SB under those circumstances
    Yeah, I think it's kind of a joke that so many people suck Peyton's rooster when that choke artist only won a Superbowl because the other team happened to have the worst offense in the history of the NFL playoffs and Dominick Rhodes bailed him out with the game of his life.

I'll never forgive Marlon McCree for fumbling that interception against New England in the playoffs that year. That's the only reason Indy made it to the Superbowl in the first place. The Chargers would have waxed them in San Diego. Then Rivers/Tomlinson would have a ring instead of Manning, and we could still refer to Peyton as the big game loser he really is.

C-Gold

Like I said, he was an underachiever.

But I still think he's a bright dude that knows how to motivate his players and keep them in line.

I don't see Dungy as a motivator. The guy never raised his voice above a whisper. I think the whole Tony Dungy = silent strength was just a BS marketing campaign to give the guy some credit. I mean, how often did you see the colts defense come out fired up lighting people up?

The real reason: Peyton Manning had his offenses uber prepared. You could rah rah rah all you want on Sunday at 12:59, but in reality Manning was winning games on Tuesdays breaking down film, Wednesdays implimenting game plans, Thursdays etc.

Dungy = silent strength is a bs marketing campaign to promote a coach for PC reasons.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    I dont like making racist comments, but I rarely see white coaches/players making stupid mistakes on the field.
    I don't see how pointing out Caldwells really bone headed mistakes are racist.

There are horrible white coaches yes... Mike Tice and Ron Marinelli come to mind. I don't really see people defending those idiots though. But when a Mike Singeltary or some other coach messes up you always see people defending them or shooting the messenger and calling him racist.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I don't see Dungy as a motivator. The guy never raised his voice above a whisper. I think the whole Tony Dungy = silent strength was just a BS marketing campaign to give the guy some credit. I mean, how often did you see the colts defense come out fired up lighting people up?

The real reason: Peyton Manning had his offenses uber prepared. You could rah rah rah all you want on Sunday at 12:59, but in reality Manning was winning games on Tuesdays breaking down film, Wednesdays implimenting game plans, Thursdays etc.

Dungy = silent strength is a bs marketing campaign to promote a coach for PC reasons.

There's more sides to motivation than hyping people up. Dungy trusted the veterans and position coaches to hype the players up. His motivation was more about instilling dedicated purpose/commitment/discipline. You should read his book.

C-Gold

There's more sides to motivation than hyping people up. Dungy trusted the veterans and position coaches to hype the players up. His motivation was more about instilling dedicated purpose/commitment/discipline. You should read his book.

More like Peyton having his guys ready to play.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    I remember detroit lions coach,(I think morningwig) won the overtime coin toss and chose to kick. Then lost without even touching the ball. That was no doubt the dumbest coaching move in the history of the NFL. No doubt.

123 Last