Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    If the person does not call the cops at the scene there is no way to prove it was you unless you give correct phone number.

Lesson for you guys, if you are in an accident and its not your fault, call the cops no matter how minor it is. Unless you don't have insurance, license, registration, or have warrants. Then you will have to take the hit.

What do you mean? I did give her my phone number.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ask yourself......what would brock do?

he would stiff the bitch then go rob her place.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Lazy man that is my point. If you dont give the right number there is no way for her to prove it since she did not call the police. Now she has your number and the police can track you down and see if your car is damaged in the right way for her claim.

The right thing to do is to notify your insurance if you dont have 400 or just pay her the 400.

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

who cares this thread is dumb sounds like a issue that does not require alot of feedback call it a day if it catches up to u later then deal with it otherwise bet her straight up on the superbowl tell her she already has 400 in credit but it has to be used on a three team parlay the day of the superbowl she might not pick a winner or maybe she hits either way problem solved and you have action on a game
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: acarmelo1

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    go blow yourself dude
    Get a job you broke fukk!!

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    ha yea right for 400 bucks, sure, you are sharp
    In a civil case the judge can impose that the defendant pay the amount of the damages and up to 3X the amount and also pay for any attorney fees that the plaintiff pays.

So obviously this would not be for $400 it would be for a possible $1200 and if it is only $400 and therefore is not important to anybody than why is the OP not a POS for not paying for the damage he did.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85296

So many of these responses are very funny and some like sharpcat's are pretty reasonable. Someone above said what would you like to have happen if the situation was reversed. Call her back let them know you are short of cash currently, but honor your obligation and get her paid as quickly as possible.

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

In a civil case the judge can impose that the defendant pay the amount of the damages and up to 3X the amount and also pay for any attorney fees that the plaintiff pays.

So obviously this would not be for $400 it would be for a possible $1200 and if it is only $400 and therefore is not important to anybody than why is the OP not a POS for not paying for the damage he did.
    And if someone gets a civil judgment, the insurance company pays it.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Shit happens, don't pay this bitch a cent. Don't admit anything... she didn't report the accident, nothing that she can do now. If your worried about it settling without your insurance company involved can be 10x more dangerous than bringing them into the fold.

I mean THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE PAYING the ******* car insurance company for...

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    I rear ended some girl a month ago but it was very minor. No dents at all just a few small scratches. Now I gave her my name and phone number and she told me she will text me in a week or so with estimates. Now fast forward to a couple of days ago, I moved to another state and she text me and saying it will cost $400!! All she has is my name and cell number. I am like 2000 miles away and she wants her money tomorrow (I'm cash-strapped currently). What do I do?

Send over a PM to poster Corey.B.Trots,this is his field. he can help.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 01-07-11 at 12:25 AM.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    If the person does not call the cops at the scene there is no way to prove it was you unless you give correct phone number.

Lesson for you guys, if you are in an accident and its not your fault, call the cops no matter how minor it is. Unless you don't have insurance, license, registration, or have warrants. Then you will have to take the hit.

that applies to atleast 75% of this forum and most likely they all have posted "DON'T PAY BRO" within this thread LOLOLOL

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    And if someone gets a civil judgment, the insurance company pays it.
    Insurance company may cover the $400 (though I seriously doubt it) but they sure as hell will not cover any additional fees that come as a result of your negligence to either report the incidence to the insurance company sooner or to just pay the damages.

I am truly amazed that some of you have been able to live as long as you have!!!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Don't pay her. She didn't report it to the cops within 24 hours so she can't come chase you now. Do what another guy said and call her back ask for 3 different quotes from 3 different places. Then to bring it down to a body shop around your house since your 2000 miles away.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

I hope she tracks you down through your phone # and files a civil case against you that ends up costing you her attorney fees and up to 3X the amount of the damage.
    Just an FYI, not all States allow you to recoup attorney fees.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go back and finish her,then after you dont have to worry about anything

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never understand these kind of posts.

Do you really need us to tell you to pay her? Are you kidding me?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stick her, she does not have much info on you and just deny it all.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

karma will get you man - you may get away with this one but it will catch up to you. Work out a payment plan with her - follow the advice about requesting quotes and all that - but you gotta pay her - its not worth what will happen to you down the road if you don't!!

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I do have insurance but I don't want to go that rout as I would be paying more. That's what I'm scared of, if I don't pay her and she goes to the police then I'm screwed even more.
    1. Don't blow her off. That would create a really bad situation for you.

2. This is what insurance is for.

3. If you were to, say, ** her $400, what's stopping her from telling you that once the mechanic got into it he found some more damage and she needs more money? If you got this route, you need to get her to sign a waiver of any further liability, in other words, "if you accept this $400, this matter is considered resolved." Because the worst case scenario is that she takes your $400 and then you still ahve to get your insurance co. involved.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

pull a brett favre and send pics of your c0ck to her cell phone

but for real. like was stated earlier she can't demand money overnight. if you don't wanna go the insurance route send her something stating that you will both have to agree on a dollar amount and that will be the end of it.

or if you wanna be a dick, tell her no green form from the police, and no insurance info from you, good luck getting paid

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

just flop on her, she cant get nothing from you legally because everytime you file claim on insurance they will require police report. Also, scratches wont cost you 400(had my bumper replaced and painted for this price and it was brand new honda civic 05 back then).

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

What's the worst that can happen even if she has my plate number? She's acting like a bitch. She texted me saying "i expect my money on friday, I don't like asking twice. What a bitch!

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Ask her if she'll take betpoints

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    If you can't afford to pay her what you owe, then you probably don't have car insurance, in which case, I'd suggest consulting with a bankruptcy attorney because you're going to need one.
    Really?? File bankruptcy over $400 God this has to be the dumbest one of all of them.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    she cant demand it tomorrow - tell her you want 3 quotes from 3 different body shops and then take 2/3rds of the lowest quote and offer that in 30 days

send her an agreement to sign before you send any cash

This is correct. Sharp post. But, expect it to be around $400.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the worst that can happen even if she has my plate number? She's acting like a bitch. She texted me saying "i expect my money on friday, I don't like asking twice. What a bitch!
    just for r&d purposes please post up her celly cell #

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Call the cops on her... say she's been harassing you, tell them it was a one night stand and the only ramming u did was in her caboose... now she wants revenge for u hitting that back side up without a follow up call

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Yeah what a Bitch. The bitch allowed you to pay her without you having to claim a rear end accident on your insurance. Which would have caused your rates to go up. What a bitch. Who the **** does she think she is?

Get 3 quotes to make sure there is damage and that she is not scamming you. Then pay up. $400 is cheap for a rear end hit. You got lucky. Would you rather her try to go after you in the courts? She may or may not be able to do this but are you willing to take that chance?

James

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah...I would definitely take legal advice from a bunch of degenerate gamblers, stoners, fakes, frauds, and lunatics that run around this website. Anyone who posts these kind of questions obviously didn't finish at the top of their class in school.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

No matter where you are, sending $$ is easy via ** or **. Just ensure you get validation back from her that this will 'settle' the claim via the quotes provided. There could be more to this than meets the eye and $400 over the rest of your life will mean little in the long run.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Don't be a fukking pussy and pay the woman. The fact that you are asking us what to do is pathetic. I would pay her right away or tell her I would pay her as soon as possible if I was short on money.

Shelton
    Shelton's Avatar Become A Pro!

give her the wheather man number and bounce got to gamble

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

I bet she doesn't even use the money for the car... flip this on her... insurance boom she's in jail... and ur still on sbr

gdoom
    gdoom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look bud, what both of you did was commit a crime. Its called hit and run..You could have settled it yourselves, but you need to exchange insurance policy numbers..You need to pay that girl her money, plus some extra funds for her inconvience..Your lucky she didnt say her neck and back was injured. No X-ray or anything of that nature could prove otherwise..You need to quit gambling, since you do not even have $400, AND GET A JOB. pay that lady back..Im sure she wouldnt give you any ass, since you a broke ass negro..Na, but for real, man-up, and pay your debts, or I guarentee that it will cost you more in the long run...

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    I bet she doesn't even use the money for the car... flip this on her... insurance boom she's in jail... and ur still on sbr
    She goes to jail for what? If there is damage to her car she has a right to that money. If she decided not to fix it then that is up to her. I will still cost her in the end when she sells it.

James

First 123 Last