Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Deuce, I'm sorry your team sucked Saturday. Hopefully that will help you get rid of Rich Rod and get a good coach.
    Unless you're in the NC, bowls are meaningless. That being said, yes, Michigan isn't Michigan. Michigan St. is a fraud. Nothing new.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

SAT = ACT = Irrelevant.

First, I don't agree with standardized testing. Many studies and scholars will back me up on that one. Second, as I said earlier, I took the SAT, which virtually equals the ACT, when I was 12. I got a high enough score when I was 12 to enter college. In my mind, this makes the SAT/ACT irrelevant. Could I have excelled in college when I was 12? Probably not. College is what you make of it. It doesn't matter where you go. At a higher level, you make your own education; if you're fortunate enough to have caring professors, they will assist you in furthering your own education.

Cut the shit, people.

Oh, and, the SEC owns your conference.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by chaseman View Post
    SAT = ACT = Irrelevant. First, I don't agree with standardized testing. Many studies and scholars will back me up on that one. Second, as I said earlier, I took the SAT, which virtually equals the ACT, when I was 12. I got a high enough score when I was 12 to enter college. In my mind, this makes the SAT/ACT irrelevant. Could I have excelled in college when I was 12? Probably not. College is what you make of it. It doesn't matter where you go. At a higher level, you make your own education; if you're fortunate enough to have caring professors, they will assist you in furthering your own education. Cut the shit, people. Oh, and, the SEC owns your conference.
    Here is an educated stab at your post.

1. Because YOU don't believe in standardized testing, means the rest of the world shouldn't? See, Jr., the world does, the United States universities do. They are the only actual opinion that matters.

2. You're not the SEC nor is anyone on this board. Not one poster on this board is a chairman of a conference. Because I attended a Summit League conference institution, I don't consider the Summit League MY conference.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Here is an educated stab at your post.

1. Because YOU don't believe in standardized testing, means the rest of the world shouldn't? See, Jr., the world does, the United States universities do. They are the only actual opinion that matters.

2. You're not the SEC nor is anyone on this board. Not one poster on this board is a chairman of a conference. Because I attended a Summit League conference institution, I don't consider the Summit League MY conference.
    You can take it a step further and say standardized testing is an effective tool to dumb down the education system by removing the primary educator (the teacher) from a position of influence and control over what what is taught (and more importantly, how it is taught) in the classroom

Go ARK

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

If you're to travel across state lines to attend an institution, it is mandatory to take the SAT.
    Completely false.

chaseman

I thought most of the rest of the world didn't use standardized testing. I may be wrong. But I do know that bragging about SAT/ACT scores per state when these states make up one statistically awful whole (the U.S. education system compared to other developed countries) is also irrelevant. It's like even if you win, you still lose.

chaseman

Here is an educated stab at your post. 1. Because YOU don't believe in standardized testing, means the rest of the world shouldn't? See, Jr., the world does, the United States universities do. They are the only actual opinion that matters. 2. You're not the SEC nor is anyone on this board. Not one poster on this board is a chairman of a conference. Because I attended a Summit League conference institution, I don't consider the Summit League MY conference.
    Correct. I was drunk and felt like throwing in a stab at the other conferences during bowl season But if I ever saw Mike Slive in public, I'd piss on him for what he did to Bruce Pearl.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
    if these teams came NORTH , Do you think it would be a different story
    Didn't read the whole thread, but this is something that I think greatly contributes. Do you think it helps that half of the bowl games are played in the home states of most of these SEC teams? I would love to see how Florida, LSU, etc play in the snow. Its funny to see the southern teams playing with long sleeve shirts on under their jerseys when its 50 degrees out.

Yes, I think a large portion of their wins are because they are better teams, but a small degree is the home field advantage. North teams come from freezing temperatures and travel longer distances to play in the heat, while other schools barely leave the state and play in the climate they are used to. I think this is a huge advantage.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Maybe so but the voice of the almighty dollar is loud. Who wouldn't prefer to spend the day before the game or after on a sunny beach opposed to a cold, snowy meadow? The corporations who sponsor these games invite their big wigs in and they want them to have fun.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Maybe so but the voice of the almighty dollar is loud. Who wouldn't prefer to spend the day before the game or after on a sunny beach opposed to a cold, snowy meadow? The corporations who sponsor these games invite their big wigs in and they want them to have fun.
    I agree, its all about the dollar, and I would rather spend it in the sun than in a blizzard. I was just referring to the fact that some of the SEC teams have a considerable "home field" advantage. If the way the bowls are set up was the most fair, the NFL would follow suit.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

The NFL does. The upcoming Super Bowl game in NY is the only one to be played up north outdoors. And I hope a blizzard of epic proportions hits about the same time. That would be classic!

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread, but this is something that I think greatly contributes. Do you think it helps that half of the bowl games are played in the home states of most of these SEC teams? I would love to see how Florida, LSU, etc play in the snow. Its funny to see the southern teams playing with long sleeve shirts on under their jerseys when its 50 degrees out.

Yes, I think a large portion of their wins are because they are better teams, but a small degree is the home field advantage. North teams come from freezing temperatures and travel longer distances to play in the heat, while other schools barely leave the state and play in the climate they are used to. I think this is a huge advantage.

I am not sure the weather played any roll at all in the beatdown suffered by both Michican schools on Saturday. Nor, do I think it is any explanation to why Ohio State is 0-9 against the SEC in BCS Bowls.

The SEC has the who's who of coaching in America. The biggest TV contracts, the best talent pool to select from. The speed is just unreal in the SEC. Football dominates the South, along with Nascar worshipping, Walmart shopping, Church going, and trailor living But above all else football is talked about and worshipped 24/7 365. Think about it.. of all the great athletes in the South why is basketball not dominant? Because there is very little interest in it. Take the University of Alabama for example... A spring A day game brings nearly 100K in attendance, we are talking about practice game against players on the same roster? Take Alabama basketball.. Lucky to have 10K in attendance for an SEC matchup on a friday nite.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

speed isn't everything... Hell you guys couldn't stop Tebow...

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post

ain t that the truth

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Never mind...obviously my skills don't include cut/paste! Let me retype it!

2009 SAT Scores

1. Iowa
    2. Wisconsin
    3. Minnesota
    4. Missouri
    5. Illinois
    6. Michigan
    7. South Dakota
    8. Nebraska
    9. N. Dakota
    10. Kansas

Yeah guess all those southern stereotypes are all way off base? My home state Indiana is infected w/redneck duma$$es too...we're always bottom 10....I'm blaming it on Kentucky...I just don't want to see it spread!
    What is this list? Your #1 school Iowa is ranked 142 in SAT scores, Nebraska 151.

Ga Tech 62 in the country, Emory 37, Tulane 63, Duke 11.
    Not sure what you are trying to list there mrhandicapped?
    As we say in the south "damb you dumb"

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post

Tebow is an amazing athlete, not just speed but power. I seem to remember Alabama rubbing his face in shit all over the Georgia Dome last season..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpxEhRrgteU

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Tebow is an amazing athlete, not just speed but power. I seem to remember Alabama rubbing his face in shit all over the Georgia Dome last season..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpxEhRrgteU
    But hey its the SEC this isn't about one game or one conference buddy. Your statements not mine. You offer one game vs a collegiate career that shows surprisingly different results.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

In the end we made him cry. 'nuff said.

First 12